Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2014, 11:47   #46
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,781
Thanked: 16,913 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Vidyut, agree with your point but then, with 8.02 lac ex showroom Mumbai, add a couple, of grands more for Thane, the VFM element somehow suddenly vanishes!!

Ideally, they should adopt something like a fair price mechanism where in the prices remain constant irrespective of octroi or not across all cities/locations.

I believe VW had some sort of this mechanism at the time of their launch IIRC.
But Arnab, it is the same with for Honda City, VW Vento and Verna. All of them will increase the same Ex-showroom Mumbai so when compared to them this will still be VFM.

For example on road is 11.2L for Titanium Fiesta. In Bangalore that on road will be close to 12 cause of higher road tax in Karnataka. Similarly Honda City and Verna are priced well above 13L for the top end trims.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 12:13   #47
BHPian
 
Vitalstatistiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bombay-->Delhi
Posts: 149
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Prices at 7.69 lacs may be sort of a misnomer as the staring prices Ex Showroom Mumbai is Rs. 8.02 lacs(i.e 5% more than the published 7.69 lacs) already!!
Shocked? Seriously? Isn't it as common a knowledge as petrol prices differing between different states. Our friends from Bangalore cry about it on daily basis, because the state levies are even higher there. Go back and check any car's launch creatives, they all disclose Delhi ex-showroom prices, because that the lowest. Every single one of them !
Vitalstatistiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 12:43   #48
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide/B'lore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

We knew the pricing would be better this time but this is sort of a shocker. Base diesel is priced below every other competitor and in the ball-park region of compact-sedan top ends. This sure, would get in a lot more foots for the fiesta in FORD showrooms. But then we all know the age old trend will be followed: Launch it mouth-watering and increase it as the demand rises.

Some points I notice:

1. What's the point in missing MID from the base and mid-variants? That will be a deal breaker for many am sure.

2 . Excellent move to keep safety features standard across all the variants. Makes a very strong case in favor of fiesta for folks who value safety features more than other bells and whistles.

3. Variant to variant there's a 40k difference in pricing if compared to EcoSport. Will surely prevent self-cannibalization. Good move.

4. Going by the drive dynamics of the car am sure lot of enthusiasts will go for this now who shyed away from Linea owing to the horrific FIAT A.S.S . Ford's after-sales if not the best , but still is alright and has a wider reach.

Was mulling over choices like RAPID(solely for the 1.6 diesel rocket engine), Ecosport(for the EcoBoost & space-age look), Terrano(I dont like the looks or the interiors of Duster). Now Fiesta added to the list. Healthy competition is great for us end users

P.S : Eagerly waiting for team-bhp review.

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th June 2014 at 12:53.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 13:04   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Shocked? Seriously? Isn't it as common a knowledge as petrol prices differing between different states. Our friends from Bangalore cry about it on daily basis, because the state levies are even higher there. Go back and check any car's launch creatives, they all disclose Delhi ex-showroom prices, because that the lowest. Every single one of them !
@Vital
Agreed. But then when I check the ON Road prices, there is a disconnect with the full page ad. I may be informed as an end user but to the lay man, this may be a big turn off and eventually he would bad mouth a no. of places.

I agree that ex SR Del may be the lowest but then B'lore and Mumbai consumers pay substantially higher because of octroi charges.

..
Was comparing Fiesta Trend with Honda S Diesel and some key differentiators seemed to tilt on Honda's favour.
Most important was the MID skip in the Fiesta.

However, where Ford scored was the below:
1) Two Airbags Vs One in Honda
2) 6 Speakers vs 4 in Honda(no CD support)
3) ACC vs Manual(a good differentiation point)
4) Remote Central locking in FF
5) Rear AC vents in HC, which is missing in FF
6) Tilt and Telescopic Steering in HC. Tilt only in FF
7) Partial folding seat in HC. Full folding seat in FF
8) Normal steering in HC vs leather wrapped in FF
9) Missing fog lamps in HC and front fog lamps in FF
10) Bluetooth comparability in HC. Not present in FF.


Price OTR-

Ford Fiesta Trend Diesel: Rs.10,90,079(OTR Thane)

Honda City-S Diesel: Rs. 10,94,992 (OTR Thane)

Last edited by noopster : 20th June 2014 at 15:41. Reason: Price corrected from ex-showroom to OTR
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 15:27   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,181
Thanked: 1,034 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
4) Remote Central locking in FF
I think the remote central locking is part of both the cars.

One other point - Fiesta has 195 section tyres as opposed to skinny 175 section tyres in the Honda City.

I guess it comes down to back seat space and practicality Vs driving dynamics and exclusivity.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 15:42   #51
BHPian
 
yaniv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Thane
Posts: 37
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

The new Fiesta seems to be a peach of a car, the front grill looks amazing and would like to check one out in red. The colour was not available at the showroom in Thane and the showroom representive had no idea when they were going to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Price OTR-

Ford Fiesta Trend Diesel: Rs.10,90,079(OTR Thane)

Honda City-S Diesel: Rs. 10,94,992 (OTR Thane)
With respect to the price point, Ford will have to ramp up their marketing activities if they intend to make any serious dent in the car space coupled with improving their infamous after sales service. At the current market price, the Fiesta doesn't seem to be a viable option.

Cheers,
Vinay

Last edited by noopster : 20th June 2014 at 16:03. Reason: Original post has also been corrected
yaniv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 16:06   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Exactly the point Vinay and +1 to your views.

There has to be a great improvement in the marketing activities to push this one.
Honestly, I did not personally like the front paper advt. in TOI today.

Even the brown colour shade in which the New fiesta was shown somehow wasn't that impressive. The Kinetic blue really suited it and now it seems Ford has discontinued that shade itself. What is the head honchos at Ford upto?
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 16:12   #53
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

If I was in market now for a new car with 7L in hand, I would have stretched tge budget to fit for the Ambiente and would have got a decent 2-din music system with bluetooth support from aftet market. So good to see that they have put 195 section tyres in all of the variants. Probably, later I could have gone for a remap, he he.
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 16:16   #54
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Thane
Posts: 1
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@Vital

However, where Ford scored was the below:
1) Two Airbags Vs One in Honda
2) 6 Speakers vs 4 in Honda(no CD support)
3) ACC vs Manual(a good differentiation point)
4) Remote Central locking in FF
5) Rear AC vents in HC, which is missing in FF
6) Tilt and Telescopic Steering in HC. Tilt only in FF
7) Partial folding seat in HC. Full folding seat in FF
8) Normal steering in HC vs leather wrapped in FF
9) Missing fog lamps in HC and front fog lamps in FF
10) Bluetooth comparability in HC. Not present in FF.
@arnabchak; the other things that differentiates in favour of Honda city would be better rear leg room, better ASS and the interior finish.

I find the refined 1.5 TDCi oil burner under the FF'14 hood as a big advantage as with the City iDtech looses out with higher NVH.

Last edited by noopster : 20th June 2014 at 16:17. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Nauticals is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 16:23   #55
BHPian
 
Arjun Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 450 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Exactly the point Vinay and +1 to your views.

There has to be a great improvement in the marketing activities to push this one.
Honestly, I did not personally like the front paper advt. in TOI today.

Even the brown colour shade in which the New fiesta was shown somehow wasn't that impressive. The Kinetic blue really suited it and now it seems Ford has discontinued that shade itself. What is the head honchos at Ford upto?

True,add in today's times was Truely not impressive. Ford needs to change their marketing consultants. The add was boring and dull and looked like ford were advertising their audio and sync system rather than the car. Not sure if it's the same consultants that worked on the Ikon Josh Machine campaign. That was super.


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 16:47   #56
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,781
Thanked: 16,913 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
No 'enthusiast' worth his/her salt will buy a car with such a dull engine, especially since the styling inside and out screams 'youth', 'sport' etc.
Not everyone wants a petrol car. Majority of enthusiasts want performance but shy away from petrol's. Case in point is the T-Jet, Polo GT TSI and Octavia 1.8TSi.

Even an enthusiast will relent to some practicality.

And give me a good handling car with slightly lower power output than a car with excellent performance but poor dynamics (Read Verna).

If I could afford the low FE from T-Jet and the fact that it runs on the more expensive fuel, yes the T-JET maybe a good option but majority cannot.

The reason for not getting the Ecoboost is because the numbers just did not justify it. Even if you deregulate the diesel, the FE of the diesel is far superior to the Ecoboost or T-Jet.

The Fiesta is a hoot to drive around corners and I don't mind the lesser performance for that steering, ride and handling package which is quite brilliant.
Vid6639 is offline   (19) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 17:20   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
True,add in today's times was Truely not impressive. Ford needs to change their marketing consultants. The add was boring and dull and looked like ford were advertising their audio and sync system rather than the car. Not sure if it's the same consultants that worked on the Ikon Josh Machine campaign. That was super.

The Ford marketing has been pretty lackluster of late.

The last known good campaigns are the Josh-Ikon and the Old Fiesta(now Classic)- Go Fida tagline.

Figo, the Classic, Fiesta(pre facelift) all had forgettable campaigns.

Not only that, the marketing caught the wrong side of law:

http://www.ibtimes.com/ford-apologiz...shians-michael

Name:  Ford Marketing Disaster.jpg
Views: 4140
Size:  75.4 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2014 at 18:47. Reason: Fixing quote
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 17:34   #58
BHPian
 
Arjun Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 450 Times
Default New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not everyone wants a petrol car. Majority of enthusiasts want performance but shy away from petrol's. Case in point is the T-Jet, Polo GT TSI and Octavia 1.8TSi.



Even an enthusiast will relent to some practicality.



And give me a good handling car with slightly lower power output than a car with excellent performance but poor dynamics (Read Verna).



If I could afford the low FE from T-Jet and the fact that it runs on the more expensive fuel, yes the T-JET maybe a good option but majority cannot.



The reason for not getting the Ecoboost is because the numbers just did not justify it. Even if you deregulate the diesel, the FE of the diesel is far superior to the Ecoboost or T-Jet.



The Fiesta is a hoot to drive around corners and I don't mind the lesser performance for that steering, ride and handling package which is quite brilliant.

True and well summarised Viddi. The Fiesta is a good car to drive and handles extremely well. The torque and other performance related issues can be ironed out by something like the Race Dynamics Diesel Tronics. I for sure am a big fan of Race Dynamics. It's just awesome on my Punto. Ordering one for my Neo Elantra as well now. Considering the new Fiesta as a worthy replacement for my Punto in the next 6/8 months.


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 20th June 2014 at 17:36.
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 17:49   #59
BHPian
 
fight_club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 152
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

I visited Bhavna Ford Today to check out the New Fiesta and was disappointed to find only one model on display.

I personally would like the old set of Mag wheels and that "Metallic blue" color both are missing in the new one.

I checked the Cabin and look slightly better then the old one thanks to two tone color.

Those worried about Back seat may not be thrilled with the new one as its only slightly better and for a 6 footer like me not the best place to be though things have mildly improved with the headrest and better "recline" angle so to speak.

What Ford has done brilliantly though is priced it very well and its full 2 lacs cheaper than Honda City top model.

I might just go for this and told the guy I need that Blue color and old alloys
fight_club is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 19:19   #60
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,781
Thanked: 16,913 Times
Default Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
I don't disagree except for the incongruity I see between its styling inside and out (edgy, aggressive, sporty) and the car's engine. Also, the rear is still awkward, the window line too pinched (this is a major fault IMO of the Hyundai 'fluidic'/Ford 'kinetic' styling language, the rear bench is too cramped for leg room and width. The plastic quality on the pre-facelift Fiesta was abysmal, hope they've rectified that.
Unless you have driven the car or seen the car for yourself I would not go by photos and conclude that it does not looks good.

The Fiesta looks much much better than before and the rear especially is now much better with the sharper lines.

If I were to classify C2 segment cars based on legroom it would be Honda City -> VW Vento/Skoda Rapid -> Hyundai Verna -> Ford Fiesta -> Fiat Linea.

The plastic quality is improved on the inside as well as interior colour shades.

The EPS on the Fiesta was always known to be the best. It may not be pure hydraulic but the Fiesta EPS gives you best of both worlds.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th June 2014 at 23:34. Reason: Quoted post edited
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look Aditya The Indian Car Scene 542 7th December 2016 11:05
2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look Jaggu The Indian Car Scene 117 25th November 2016 13:31
A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift khan_sultan The Indian Car Scene 44 12th June 2016 18:54
2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look FlyingSpur The Indian Car Scene 75 29th January 2016 11:34
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift GTO The Indian Car Scene 255 7th September 2013 22:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks