Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st December 2015, 13:59   #901
BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
For a moment I thought my handle changed to Sebzgeo89!!!

I think yours is the only known existence of a paprika red 2014 Fiesta other than mine. Hope you having a good time with it. Do post an update or a review if possible with loads of pictures!

Regarding the rear seat folding mechanism, I remember folding the seats to remove the covering plastic when I bought the car. I do not recall facing any problem whatsoever.
I've been following your post for a long time. Got approved only a week back. It's your ownership thread that prompted me to go for the Paprika Red. Even I have not seen a single red fiesta here. Have seen all the other colours, most of them being white. And yes I'm having a great time with the car. I'll try posting some pictures when I get time.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 16:40   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Somewhat OT. A chance visit to website of Ford India brought out that the list of their offerings has been revamped. Both Classic and Old Figo have been taken off the list, but Fiesta interestingly still stays there. Link below.

http://www.india.ford.com/all

A mail to customer care seeking clarification remained unanswered.

Anyone got any idea why Ford has decided to keep the car comatose instead of allowing it to die,
Yes, the New Fiesta is still on the website. Posted my interest in the website, the dealer called me and said New Fiesta is not available anymore (which is a real shame).

Ford India has changed a few banners on the new Fiesta, now it says 91PS, I guess they might bring it back with the current tune up of the Ecosport/Aspire/Figo.

Ford should really bring it back and should sell it as Production against Order (or whatever term they use), that way all those who don't mind the rear end design looks and the rear seat space but actually enjoy the car for the way it drives.

I have been owning Fords cars for more than 7 years, first the 2009 Ikon, now the 2011 Figo. Ford has never been strong in looking aspect, where they shine is "putting that big smile and overclocked heartbeat of the driver", sadly it does not happen with their new cars.

Ford please bring back the New Fiesta which is a true true ford, Iam sure many would be ready to buy one. At least Iam ready to buy the car ASAP "White TDCi Titanium". I lost my chance to buy the car last year, which I wont miss next time, so holding on to my Figo until then.

Last edited by ramharis : 5th January 2016 at 16:41. Reason: Spelling mistake
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 08:52   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Yes, the New Fiesta is still on the website. Posted my interest in the website, the dealer called me and said New Fiesta is not available anymore (which is a real shame).

Ford India has changed a few banners on the new Fiesta, now it says 91PS, I guess they might bring it back with the current tune up of the Ecosport/Aspire/Figo.
I had happened to chat with Ford representative couple of weeks back. He mentioned that "officially" Ford has not discontinued Fiesta and same has been communicated to its dealers. However if I am interested, I can contact nearest dealer. But we all know that Fiesta is not available with any of the dealers. So I personally feel its dead end for Fiesta in India and I don`t see it succeeding even if I they launch with updated engine. But seeing premium hatchback market picking up, whether Ford will pull up a surprise by launching Fiesta Hatchback, only time will tell
DragonHawk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 19:56   #904
BHPian

That certainly will be a good move, Ford should scrap the sedan and bring in the hatch, especially including the ST (will be a great competition to Polo GT and the likes). But this being Ford, it most likely wont happen.
Ford bring the Fiesta hatch with the original EPAS not the current ones in Aspire and Figo
ramharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 16:58   #905
BHPian

Went yesterday to Harpreet Ford for second service. Generally good experience. Was attended to promptly and car was delivered back in two and half hours.

Saw a Fiesta (Titanium - Smoke Gray) in their showroom. Checked VIN and is manufactured in Feb '15. A good bargain should be possible in case anyone interested. The sales guy said that Ford so far has not informed them of discontinuation of Fiesta, whatever it means.
rsm97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 14:59   #906

Wanted clarification on something:

Last night, my Fiesta had an unfortunate brush with a bus and the LHS mirror casing came off and fell out. The assembly, glass and turn indicator are all fine. So do I have to change the entire assembly or only a new casing should suffice?

Last edited by Wolfconsole : 22nd January 2016 at 15:04.
Wolfconsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:15   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfconsole View Post
Wanted clarification on something:

Last night, my Fiesta had an unfortunate brush with a bus and the LHS mirror casing came off and fell out. The assembly, glass and turn indicator are all fine. So do I have to change the entire assembly or only a new casing should suffice?
This link should help;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...5l-tdci-9.html (Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi)

Similar incident.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:25   #908
BHPian

I am in the look out for a new car and the Ford Fiesta ( Aston Martin grill) is in my wish list, was in touch with Elite and Cauvery Ford and they told me they do not have any stock and production has stopped, since it was listed in the Ford website - i called up their customer care and they guy on the phone said though it is still listed the production has stopped, he offered to check if some stock is available and get back - this was a week ago, i do not think any dealer in Bangalore has any stock remaining. Hope Ford is planning to relaunch it with a face lift? or is an all new Fiesta in the making?
The Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 14:47   #909
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
I am in the look out for a new car and the Ford Fiesta. Hope Ford is planning to relaunch it with a face lift? or is an all new Fiesta in the making?
Well buddy, I would say keep enquiring for it, but chances of getting a Fiesta now are bleak. No news of getting an all new model, may take another one and a half years at least for it.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 15:40   #910
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
I am in the look out for a new car and the Ford Fiesta ( Aston Martin grill) is in my wish list, was in touch with Elite and Cauvery Ford and they told me they do not have any stock and production has stopped, since it was listed in the Ford website - i called up their customer care and they guy on the phone said though it is still listed the production has stopped, he offered to check if some stock is available and get back - this was a week ago, i do not think any dealer in Bangalore has any stock remaining. Hope Ford is planning to relaunch it with a face lift? or is an all new Fiesta in the making?
A replacement for the Fiesta is atleast another year or two away. Till then, I hear that big discounts are running on the Renault Fluence. 12L Ex Showroom bangalore for the top-end E4 variant makes for a very sweet deal for an out and out proper D segment sedan. The motor is tractable though runs out of breath once you push it on the highways (remap ought to take care of things to certain extent), acres of space inside with a very comfy rear bench, loads of gizmos, good safety kit, solid build, and elegant design both inside and out The car is not as taught as the Ford in terms of handling dynamics but the EPS unit is quite precise and is one of the better ones out there
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 13:47   #911
BHPian

Thanks IshaanIan and itssathishsharma ,

Regarding the Fluence - its out of my budget even with the discounts , so i have decided on the new Linea Elegante variant, hopefully this should materialize in the coming days. Had the Fiesta been in stock it would have been a very serious contender.
The Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 16:00   #912
BHPian

My stock goodyear tyres are due for replacement. Please recommend if there is a better tyre option or should i stick to the stock goodyear. I do not plan to change the rim.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 19:32   #913
Senior - BHPian

One thing that i have found out in these 22k kms covered with this gem of a car is that the alignment does not get affected easily, shows how good the suspension is built/tuned. I got the last alignment and rotation done at 9k and did not bother to do it after that since i want these Goodyear's to wear off soon. Even after completing 13k kms after alignment out of which 2k were on very bad roads, the alignment did not get affected, goes straight like an arrow on highways.

In comparison, my Vento does not hold its alignment after 5-6k kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfconsole View Post
I honestly think that this side mirror cover has not been well put together by Ford. Mine got knocked off, deetjohn also had the same issue and now you. The cover + paint labour is around 2k. Mine got knocked off within months of owning this car and i am attaching the bill for your reference, glad that the motor is fine. This cover costs a bomb for a piece of unpainted plastic.

In comparison, my Vento's side mirror cover is immortal . Has had multiple hits and one time it hit a Swift's side mirror at 70+ around hills, his side mirror came off and fell down but Vento's mirror did not even fold in.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-team-bhp.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
My stock goodyear tyres are due for replacement. Please recommend if there is a better tyre option or should i stick to the stock goodyear. I do not plan to change the rim.
Please change to some thing else, Goodyear's are hard and extremely noisy. I had got my tyres rotated at 9k and after that did not even care to do so and now my Fiesta is at 22k. I want these Goodyear's to wear off soon.

In 195/60 R15, you have Yokohama earth 1 ,Michelin 3ST and Continental MC5 which are good options. Please do not go for XM2's, they offer average grip and are not meant for cars like Fiesta.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 26th January 2016 at 19:33.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 09:45   #914
BHPian

Aren't the Michelin 3ST's quite expensive? Isn't there an option that offers the best of both worlds, between the MRFs and Michelins?
Sebzgeo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 11:30   #915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Aren't the Michelin 3ST's quite expensive? Isn't there an option that offers the best of both worlds, between the MRFs and Michelins?
You can look at Continental MC5 as coolboy007 suggested above. I have driven a Fiesta shod with MC5 and its a very good match for the car.

ContiMaxContact™ MC5
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote