Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd July 2014, 14:29   #31
BHPian

Default Re: *Rumour* Toyota Vios For India In 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Even I heard the news, albeit from a more trusted source - My friend who works in TKM, Bangalore. I would not like to name him or his designation, but as per what he said, the Etios facelift project has been totally scrapped, and the Vios - earlier known as Yaris will be coming in 2018.
Thank god for that !!
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:32   #32
BHPian

2017 is a long way to go. Ciaz and City would already have been fighting it out by then along with the Verna. Moreover, who knows, a new era of petrol SUVs/MUVs/MPVs/CUVs might dawn upon the Indian customer (Oh! how I wish!).

Attention Mods: Thread title needs to be edited. It still reads Vios in 2015.
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:36   #33
BHPian

It is the third generation Toyota Yaris Sedan model which is also having a Hatch back version, Yaris' predecessor was the Toyota Echo which is not in production now.

The Yaris cars are spacious from inside and comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
*Rumour* Toyota  Vios For India In 2015-1920px2014_toyota_yaris_1.5_xli_in_chile.jpg  

*Rumour* Toyota  Vios For India In 2015-1024x7683.jpg  

*Rumour* Toyota  Vios For India In 2015-extphoto2_blownups.jpg  

Attached Images

E C U is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 20:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Even I heard the news, albeit from a more trusted source - My friend who works in TKM, Bangalore. I would not like to name him or his designation, but as per what he said, the Etios facelift project has been totally scrapped, and the Vios - earlier known as Yaris will be coming in 2018.
2018!!!

Toyota, for all their good processes, do not seem to be responding to the Indian car market with any seriousness. Nothing else can explain this.

Seriously the short term Band-Aid until the Vios comes in would have been to address the Etios' shortcomings, but that also seems scrapped.

As it is, Vios will come above the Etios, so the twin-market-duds will continue to make losses.

So, what will they do till 2018?
Old 22nd July 2014, 22:41   #35
BHPian

According to me, etios petrol is excellent car but for the sub-standard dashboard and sub-standard NVH levels. If they fix those, it will start selling much more and I dare say it will be an excellent competitor to city. Hope Toyota is reading this.
Old 22nd July 2014, 23:10   #36
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
According to me, etios petrol is excellent car but for the sub-standard dashboard and sub-standard NVH levels. If they fix those, it will start selling much more and I dare say it will be an excellent competitor to city. Hope Toyota is reading this.

And I hope not! Toyota cannot presume that the etios can be a serious threat to the C+ segment leaders like the city and verna. It's an alternative to the Logan/ Verito or the Manza and nothing more. With all of toyota's brand loyalty put in, it has still failed miserably. In fact the etios is doing slightly better numbers due to it being used as taxis and the fact that there are a hand full of alternatives in the entry level sedan segment. Just look at the Liva's numbers and you will know what I'm talking about.
The new city is miles ahead of the etios. Yes, the etios has some positives like ride quality but to say that it can be at par with the city if Toyota resolves 2 issues is a far fetched claim.

Toyota needs a car like the yaris or the vios which may be slightly more expensive, but then a better product will be accepted even if it's a little pricey.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 07:54   #37
BHPian

Below news says vios will replace etios. Not in near future though.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/will-toyot...from=home-auto
Old 30th July 2014, 20:11   #38
BANNED

The Vios should have always been the choice of weapon in this sedan war. Etios was never comparable to the City or the Verna. And as far as the Vios getting a 1.8 engine, I guess it is highly unlikely because even in the foreign markets, the Vios makes do with the 1.5 engine.
kisharchit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 21:42   #39
BHPian

Chance of a 1.8 is less i think. They may continue with the 1.4 one as of now. IF a 1.8 is coming, it will be fitted in corolla first. Lets wait and see what Toyo will give us. Definitely a game changes if priced well with all equipments
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:25   #40
BHPian

Toyota desperately need this Vios in India - this is the volume segment. Etios is a dud and Corolla is much expensive. C2 is the slot they need to get busy at, rather than ugly makeovers for Innova/Etios.. Etios for C1, Vios for C2 and Corolla for D1 seems like an excellent proposition (with the T badging factored in, offcourse)!
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:57   #41
BHPian

Toyota seems content with a one trick pony for India - namely the current IMV platform vehicles - Innova and Fortuner. I am baffled that the world's largest car maker cant get a single product with the right balance of price / cost / profit / size / finish.

As an aside, I rent a number of vehicles on a regular basis in the UK and can vouch for one thing - Hyundai has definitely caught up with Toyota on design and build quality. Only very minor areas like 'perceived' long term reliability is where Toyota probably scores.

Last edited by prashanthyr : 22nd September 2014 at 16:58. Reason: minor correction
Old 25th September 2014, 11:10   #42
BHPian

@ Mods : This is my first post here on team-bhp, so kindly correct me anywhere if i go wrong.

From a very close friend who works in Toyota, I gather that that Etios face-lift is just around the corner. In all Likelihood it will launched next month i.e. October. I don't know in detail about the changes, but on the exterior it gets revised bumper like the one seen in the new Altis.

And both the Etios and Liva are likely to be discontinued by 2016.... And yes we will be surely seeing the Vios in India by 2016.
Old 25th September 2014, 11:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just Read the below article with regards to the Etios Facelift Brazil.

We may get the same facelift in India as well.

Here is the link:
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/09/2...-brazil-145581

Source:Indianautosblog.com

Very disappointing to see what I see!!

1) The unconventional Speedo Dials stays in the centre. That grouse still remains unaddressed.

2) May get a better MID. Not very clear from the Brazil model if the HU will come to India or not. Either ways, it looks cheap and as an after thought.

3) All black interiors. I appreciate this part.

4) Steering Wheel from Corolla.

5) Engine remains the same.

No news if Toyota has done something about the high NVH levels in this facelift.

Very disappointing to say the least.
Old 28th September 2014, 11:32   #44
BHPian

Just read this article from "indianautosblog", link below
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/09/t...etios-c-148372

It mentions that there is only etios "C" that will rival Honda City from 2016, and there is no "Vios" .

If they do a good job with changing etios, I am happy, but we have no clue as to what changes they have in mind.

Etios "C" stands for "core". We need a car that is as refined as city to be a worthy competitor, lets see what the Toyota engineers can do.
Hopefully they have option to bring in the "7 speed automatic" from corolla and then we have a good competitor for City automatic.
Old 28th September 2014, 13:01   #45
BHPian

Let this one come to india and make headlines.

1.2L 65-70 bhp engine with a price starting north of 15 Lakhs INR ex.

It will still sell !!
This is india where toyota still carry a self conceived luxury brand image. :-O
Closed Thread