Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 19th July 2014, 18:43   #151
BHPian

I will be taking delivery of New Polo Highline TDI soon.

Regarding the new Apollo Alnac tyres (185/60 R15) what do TBHPians suggest -

Should they be changed ?
If yes, which tyre to go for and what about the size and the spare tyre, considering its the same tyre but of the size 170/75 R 14 or something like that, but certainly 14 inch.

Wheels, the tyre shop's manager on Outer Ring Road, Opp. Raddison in Paschim Vihar, Delhi quoted that -

1.) Alnac is almost same as Accelere, only the brand name changed.
2.) A new Alnac tyre costs 3950 and for exchange he can offer about 3200-3300 each tyre, if I exchange them on the day of delivery of the New Polo.
3.) The tyre he had recommended was perhaps the upgraded version of Bridgestone Turanza costing 5100 each.

Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

Last edited by vishalchaudhary : 19th July 2014 at 18:45.
Old 19th July 2014, 19:31   #152
BHPian

Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Dear vid6639 & Gannu_1,

I think that there are 2 bulbs in the Fog Lamp cluster on the new Polo. The inner ones are fog lights and the outer ones are cornering lights. They work as soon as you switch on the parking lights and turn the steering to either side.

They have the same in the Passat
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 04:16   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
What I am really disappointed with is the lack of electronic folding of side view mirrors. Was really hoping they had included it in the facelift. Anyone know if it can be custom fitted or something?
The New Polo does come with electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors. I was going through the e-brochure of the New Polo and it lists the electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors as standard for the Comfortline and the Highline variants while the Trendline gets manually adjustable ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-polo-mirrors-copy.jpg  

Old 20th July 2014, 09:14   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanshikseth View Post
The New Polo does come with electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors. I was going through the e-brochure of the New Polo and it lists the electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors as standard for the Comfortline and the Highline variants while the Trendline gets manually adjustable ones.
He was referring to electric 'folding' not adjustments. The mirrors would fold themselves when you rotate the mirror adjustment knob or lock the car.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 11:48   #155
BHPian

I thought the new Polo was launched @ 4.99 lacs. Volkswagen Ad in today's Mumbai Mirror quotes the Introductory price as "4.89 lacs". How is this possible?

Though highly unlikely, can this be a price applicable only for Shaman Cars, Prabhadevi? As per CarDekho, launch price in Mumbai is 5.14 lacs while in Pune it is 4.89 lacs.
Attached Thumbnails
Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-volkswagen-polo.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by damager21 : 20th July 2014 at 12:02.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 11:56   #156
BHPian

The 4.99 Lakhs was ex-showroom Delhi, maybe Mumbai is 10k cheaper.
Old 20th July 2014, 12:07   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
The 4.99 Lakhs was ex-showroom Delhi, maybe Mumbai is 10k cheaper.
Mumbai is always more expensive than Delhi thanks to octroi charges.
Old 20th July 2014, 14:33   #158
BHPian

Agree, however transport charges to Delhi could be the reason. VW cars are made in Chakhan
Old 20th July 2014, 20:33   #159
BHPian

gannu_1(ganesh) has already posted a exhaustive detail on various changes. . I visited VW Palace cross on friday evening and spoke to the sales manager Mr.Kiran Kumar in great detail regarding the new facelift.
I would like to point that apart from coolant tempearture a boot open warning has also been added. I have attached the pictures of the same along with the inverted headrests. They help a lot in improving rear visibility. The rear space has been improved slightly. The seats are more curved in (the back contour) and space has been slightly increased due to increase in wheelbase. Yes, for now the high line gets steel rims.
Had a test drive of the TDi also. It is slightly quieter and the fuel efficiency has increased. The efficiency of the TD car being pushed around by many people has been returning a constant of 15 Km/liter calculated in front of me by full tank to full tank basis. That is good. The lag has reduced as pointed out by ganesh.
BTW I have not attached pictures but comfort line I guess comes with full black sadly not the high line.
On road prices have marginal differences and it is completely justified for the new additions. On road difference of Old 1.2TDi high line and New 1.5TDi high line is 15k if I am not wrong. In fact polo 1.2MPi price has been reduced in Bangalore 6k lesser maybe.

Pictures attached to the post.

My phone's camera sucks. I need to upgrade soon. Sorry for the poor quality pictures.

Gannu_1's Post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-polo-10.html (Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo)

Regards
Suraj
Attached Thumbnails
Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-00.jpg  

Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-01.jpg  

Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-02.jpg  

Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-03.jpg  

Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-06.jpg  

Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-07.jpg  

Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-08.jpg  

Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-img_20140718_173402.jpg  

Attached Images

psuraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 20:55   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

'TOSA' alloys as told by VW are a clean addition to this update. Tyres were Apollo Accelere (185/65 R15) but the spare was a steel one with 175/70 R14. Did try a a few emergency braking manoeuvres but never felt any fish tailing and nervousness. Clean sharp action to the stop.
Actually tyres are no longer Accelere's. They have been changed to the new Apollo Alnac 4G tyres. These tyres have got very good reviews internationally.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:00   #161
BHPian

Default Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
On a boring afternoon I get a call from BHPian Amarendranath to accompany him for having a look at the New Polo (2014). Since was jobless, went to check the Polo out. Boy-o-boy, this version is a silent advancement to the Polo. Today being a holiday the Sales Executive sent the car to us with a driver. Nice gesture from VW and the dealer, does seem enthusiastic in selling the car, happy to see VW improving.

VW definitely has moved the pole a bit further in styling and feel of the car. Though the TD we had was short one (3-4 kms) but was a enjoyable one that gets one craving for owning it. The one we drove was TDi (90PS & 230Nm) with 326 kms on odometer and a low fuel warning lamp lit.

PS: Thanks to BHPian Amarendranath for asking me to accompany him and the dealer to provide us the vehicle.

So finally all praises for vw eh? I agree. A brand with outstanding product line. It sad to see them fail on customer service. The irony behind their sales and service is now apparent. Being a vw customer I hope things turn out better for all the vw customers out there. Touch wood and Amen. But I'm definitely getting those workshop technicians dismissed. I'll do what all I can to them replaced. It's people like them spoiling the brand's image. And oh boy the Polo! Dinkachika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Actually tyres are no longer Accelere's. They have been changed to the new Apollo Alnac 4G tyres. These tyres have got very good reviews internationally.
I noticed that along with the Alnac, few cars get the Good Years. Forgot to post the picture. So before delivery one should check for the tyres. Even I heard about the tyres. Much better than good years.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 20th July 2014 at 21:07.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:32   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Apologies. Blunder on my part.

In habit I mentioned Accelere. It was Apollo Alnac only! Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
So finally all praises for vw eh? I agree.
+1. They do make good cars and stuff BUT for their ASC experience. Hope they improve in this part of industry.

Anurag.
Old 21st July 2014, 04:17   #163

@Gannu_1 Thanks for the correction, I missed that there. Went to the showroom today to check out the new Polo, the mirrors don't fold electrically, yes. I really think that feature should have been included and is useful in India, especially while driving through those tight spaces.
Old 21st July 2014, 11:01   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanshikseth View Post
@Gannu_1 Thanks for the correction, I missed that there. Went to the showroom today to check out the new Polo, the mirrors don't fold electrically, yes. I really think that feature should have been included and is useful in India, especially while driving through those tight spaces.
I would disagree. All this fancy equipment is fragile and costs a lot of $$$ to replace. And those of us living in metros and other major cities know how often ORVMs are lost to two-wheelers, rickshaws, and even trucks! We started out with non-adjustable ORVMs, then went to manually adjustable, then to electrically adjustable, and now electrically foldable! You can bet the prices have risen by 10x-20x along the way.

How many times do we really need to pass through such tight spaces that the ORVMs need to be folded? Once a year? I'd rather just roll down the windows and fold them with my hand, thank you very much.

EDIT: We just booked a Grand i10, and the electrically folding ORVMs are ! What to do? The mind says one thing, the heart says another.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 21st July 2014 at 11:04.
Old 21st July 2014, 12:19   #165
BHPian

Do you have a choice of opting for non electrically folding ORVM's ?

I too have electrically folding ORVM's but rarely use the function
Closed Thread