Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2014, 10:11   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Did anyone who has gone to a showroom etc to test/book the Polo by any chance inquire about adding parking camera/sensors in the car? If so, please share details of what is possible. I have a Passat, and really like the way that you can simultaneously show sensor input and camera images at the same time. Is this possible to do in the Polo?
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:21   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Did anyone who has gone to a showroom etc to test/book the Polo by any chance inquire about adding parking camera/sensors in the car? If so, please share details of what is possible. I have a Passat, and really like the way that you can simultaneously show sensor input and camera images at the same time. Is this possible to do in the Polo?
The Highline variant comes with the proximity sensors on the rear bumper and the audible signal while engaging reverse gear. This has nothing to do with the HU however; it is a buzzer that hoots. If you need a visual signal, you will have to change the HU. The stock HU does not show the reverse assist display.
Old 25th July 2014, 00:14   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The Highline variant comes with the proximity sensors on the rear bumper and the audible signal while engaging reverse gear. This has nothing to do with the HU however; it is a buzzer that hoots. If you need a visual signal, you will have to change the HU. The stock HU does not show the reverse assist display.

Yes, it is possible to do so and Gannu_1 has rightly told the solution.

I got my stock HU changed from the dealership itself and it comes with reverse camera, navigation etc. So now I get the standard audible beep of the highline alongwith the rear camera display.

I'll try and post my review of the car soon and mention in detail about it.

Last edited by vishalchaudhary : 25th July 2014 at 00:21. Reason: adding text
vishalchaudhary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 00:40   #184
BHPian

May be i am negative here but why i am feeling that we have got same old car in the name of facelift. We got internationaly phased out headlamps on the new polo facelift, same with the ac controls, music system, instrument cluster , slightly different tail lamps.( this was the case in pre facelift model too). The only common thing between our version and international is bumper and steering wheel.

Last edited by tushky : 25th July 2014 at 00:43.
tushky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 01:45   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
May be i am negative here but why i am feeling that we have got same old car in the name of facelift.
That's what a facelift is: same old thing in what the marketing guys hope is a more attractive package. Best wait for an actual new model, especial if upgrading from the same.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 08:13   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
May be i am negative here but why i am feeling that we have got same old car in the name of facelift.
Lol. What will you say about models launched from Maruti time-to-time?!

A mere facelift itself is just a minor refresh/uplift to the car and to remind the public that "such a car is still selling and please buy it!".

The all-new Polo is coming in 2016 or 2017 IIRC.

Quote:
The only common thing between our version and international is bumper and steering wheel.
At least that is new. Thank god!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 08:43   #187
BHPian

Quote:
May be i am negative here but why i am feeling that we have got same old car in the name of facelift. We got internationaly phased out headlamps on the new polo facelift, same with the ac controls, music system, instrument cluster , slightly different tail lamps.( this was the case in pre facelift model too). The only common thing between our version and international is bumper and steering wheel.
I agree. In the international Polo, the fog lamps extend in similar fashion, but the extended portion has the day time running halogen lights. Just like the Laura and Superb earlier had.
It get a super looking and feature rich navigation unit.
The steering wheel is same but stalks are new and of course the cluster also. Head lights are defibitely more striking. VW should have at least kept these things common and skimo on features like front parking sensors, maxidot, larger wheels, sharper tail lights.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 08:57   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That's what a facelift is: same old thing in what the marketing guys hope is a more attractive package. Best wait for an actual new model, especial if upgrading from the same.
The All New Polo is not likely to come before 2016.
Old 25th July 2014, 08:57   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
But, I noticed some vibration when I came off the gas pedal and at idle. Is the block sitting on rubber mounts?
Trust me, it`s a hydraulic mount. Rubber mounts usually rock you while starting and switching off the engine, which was absent in new polo. As far as the vibrations in gas pedal is concerned, things get better once the engine warms up and reaches the operating temperature.

Quote:
The things I didn't like are the very lifeless steering and the weak brakes. I had read that there were some changes to the feel of the steering but it felt the same.
Steering weighs up nicely once you build up some speed, but I agree with you that its still not a hydraulic steering.

Surprised that you did not like the brakes. I found them to be sufficient. Lacks some tactile feedback, however still better than earlier brakes, if you stand on it, it works.

Quote:

With the Diesel, the engine itself is the biggest change. They should have retired the 1.2 3 pot in the petrol too with the 1.2L TSI.
+1, can't agree more here.
linuxmanju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 10:31   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

So what's the difference between the current 1.5L and GT? GT will still come with the 1.6L diesel engine?

Is there actually anything that can be expected in GT as I see the normal variants itself get most of the stuffs!
Old 25th July 2014, 10:37   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So what's the difference between the current 1.5L and GT? GT will still come with the 1.6L diesel engine?

Is there actually anything that can be expected in GT as I see the normal variants itself get most of the stuffs!
The only major difference between the TDI and GT TDI is the power output. The already launched TDI engine produces 89 horses whereas the TDI will produce 105 horses.

But honestly, I would prefer to see few more exclusive changes in the GT.
Old 25th July 2014, 10:40   #192
BANNED

Quote:

VW may scrap the Polo Cross & provide the kit on GT to provide differentiation in exteriors & some more 'sporty' interiors.
Old 25th July 2014, 10:45   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
VW may scrap the Polo Cross & provide the kit on GT to provide differentiation in exteriors & some more 'sporty' interiors.
I doubt that. If thats the case, there was no reason for them to provide the updated 1.5 TDI in the Cross.

I think the differentiating factors will be something like sporty interiors (read black), and of course the 105ps engine. After all GT is just a badge to differentiate as a slightly more powerful variant. Its no GTI kind of performance car.
vb-san is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 10:55   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This new engine 1.5L TDI produces 89bhp and 230Nm of torque, whereas the GT TDI produces 104bhp, 250Nm.

A remap to the regular TDI engine will take specifications to GT TDI one.

There should have been done distinct differentiation between the TDI and GT TDI.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 10:59   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This new engine 1.5L TDI produces 89bhp and 230Nm of torque, whereas the GT TDI produces 104bhp, 250Nm.

A remap to the regular TDI engine will take specifications to GT TDI one.

There should have been done distinct differentiation between the TDI and GT TDI.

Anurag.
My thoughts exactly, If there is no mechanical differences between both. I would rather go with 1.5 Comfortline and remap it, I am pretty sure extracting 15 more horses with this engine would not be an issue. That way I could save around 1.5 Lakhs at least.
Closed Thread