Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 14:40   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
2014 Volkswagen Polo engine options:

1) 1.2 L 3 cylinder MPI 75 PS
2) 1.2 L 4 cylinder TSI 105 PS
3) 1.5 L 4 cylinder TDI 90 PS
4) 1.5 L 4 cylinder TDI 105 PS



Source:http://indianautosblog.com/2014/07/v...-leaked-136638
Here are the observations:

1. No Diesel DSG
2. 1.2 TSI to be offered in a manual avatar as well

This is more like a heart surgery (engine change) then a plastic surgery as very little change on the outside for anyone other then existing Polo owners to spot the difference.

Last edited by GTO : 11th July 2014 at 15:33. Reason: Adding image :)
aseem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 14:57   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,876
Thanked: 9,713 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Few more as I've noticed from the scoop shots:
  • Slightly larger MID with white backlighting. Cluster dials remain the same.

    Name:  MID.jpg
Views: 14998
Size:  73.9 KB
  • Inverted L-type head restraints for the rear seat.

    Name:  IMG20140702WA0006.jpg
Views: 15055
Size:  101.4 KB
  • Revised tail light cluster reflectors.

    Name:  IMG20140702WA0003.jpg
Views: 16774
Size:  141.8 KB
  • Addition of dead pedal.
  • Spare key appears to be a second electronic flip key fob.

    Name:  IMG20140702WA0005.jpg
Views: 16397
Size:  114.2 KB
Gannu_1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 15:00   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Spare key has been a FOB for sometime. We have a spare FOB with our Comfortline purchased in 2013.
aseem is offline  
Old 10th July 2014, 15:08   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,876
Thanked: 9,713 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Spare key has been a FOB for sometime. We have a spare FOB with our Comfortline purchased in 2013.
Thatís strange! The GTs were offered a regular spare key.
Gannu_1 is offline  
Old 10th July 2014, 16:27   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mysore/Dharwad
Posts: 92
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
2014 Volkswagen Polo engine options:

1) 1.2 L 3 cylinder MPI 75 PS
2) 1.2 L 4 cylinder TSI 105 PS
3) 1.5 L 4 cylinder TDI 90 PS
4) 1.5 L 4 cylinder TDI 105 PS

See following:
Attachment 1259964

Source:http://indianautosblog.com/2014/07/v...-leaked-136638

This is one comparison i am dying to see.....
  1. 1.2 tsi manual- 105 ps 175 nm torque, free revving petrol
  2. 1.5 tdi manual 105 ps(same as petrol), 250 nm torque( higher than petrol, but at lower rpm) and a relatively less freely revving motor.
got to see which is quicker & which is more fun to drive
i_see is offline  
Old 10th July 2014, 16:57   #21
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 776
Thanked: 687 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see View Post
This is one comparison i am dying to see.....
  1. 1.2 tsi manual- 105 ps 175 nm torque, free revving petrol
  2. 1.5 tdi manual 105 ps(same as petrol), 250 nm torque( higher than petrol, but at lower rpm) and a relatively less freely revving motor.
got to see which is quicker & which is more fun to drive
I dont think VW plans a 1.2 TSi MANUAL, only with a DSG. Pity, I would definitely buy a VW Polo GT 1.2 TSi if it was Manual.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid typing... like... this... Read the Announcements before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2014 at 18:35. Reason: see note in post :)
gsurya is offline  
Old 10th July 2014, 17:04   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I dont think VW plans a 1.2 TSi MANUAL ... only with a DSG.. pity, I would definitely buy a VW Polo GT 1.2 TSi if it was Manual.
As per the brochure uploaded here the 1.2 TSi manual is on the cards. So your wish might come true, keep the downpayment ready
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 17:26   #23
BHPian
 
Yeldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kochi
Posts: 719
Thanked: 644 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

If VW have added power folding OVRMs and offer a reverse camera at least as a dealer fit accessory, this car is perhaps going to be the best premium small car which could be an excellent second / city car for owners of larger luxury vehicles from other German manufacturers.

Wondering about the proposed price too. The GT TSi DSG or the GT TDI could very well nudge the 10 lakh mark, I suspect.
Yeldo is offline  
Old 10th July 2014, 18:05   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
If VW have added power folding OVRMs and offer a reverse camera at least as a dealer fit accessory, this car is perhaps going to be the best premium small car which could be an excellent second / city car for owners of larger luxury vehicles from other German manufacturers.

Wondering about the proposed price too. The GT TSi DSG or the GT TDI could very well nudge the 10 lakh mark, I suspect.
In Bangalore, the 1.2 TSI already nudges past 10 lakhs on-road. ~ 10.17 I remember seeing, on their pricelist.
k_ajay is offline  
Old 10th July 2014, 19:39   #25
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Here are the observations:

1. No Diesel DSG
2.
I hope the new Vento comes with a diesel DSG...
siddutta is offline  
Old 10th July 2014, 22:43   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 325
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see View Post
This is one comparison i am dying to see.....
  1. 1.2 tsi manual- 105 ps 175 nm torque, free revving petrol
  2. 1.5 tdi manual 105 ps(same as petrol), 250 nm torque( higher than petrol, but at lower rpm) and a relatively less freely revving motor.
got to see which is quicker & which is more fun to drive

The DSG in Tiptronic will rip the Tsi manual any given day unless one's a brilliant heel and toe driver . Overdrive has a comparison of the GT twins if you're interested. A remapped 1.6 TDI will blow the socks off the Tsi .... If you can stand the accompanying typhoon of noise
JishD is offline  
Old 11th July 2014, 09:33   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,739
Thanked: 2,151 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post

A remapped 1.6 TDI will blow the socks off the Tsi .... If you can stand the accompanying typhoon of noise
Trust me JishD, I have driven GT TSI and it is quick. But having owned the GT TDI for a while now, I can tell you that one must drive this beauty to believe it.

Everytime I depress the throttle on empty roads, I can see the vehicles in the RVM dissappear so quickly.

However, if there is one big glitch in GT TDI, its the stopping power !!

More than anything, I Hope VW have reworked on the Breaking power of the Polo.

With 1.5 TDI, 90 PS & 230 NM Torque on the F/L Polo, it really needs a good set of breaks more than anything else.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 11th July 2014 at 09:35.
Vik0728 is offline  
Old 11th July 2014, 11:01   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 426
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
As per the brochure uploaded here the 1.2 TSi manual is on the cards. So your wish might come true, keep the downpayment ready

I don't think the brochure mentions anything about a Manual TSI or there is anything in it which can be interpreted to mean that, at least not from what i saw. it shows the 3 variants on top and below that it lists the 3 engine options. What is listed below is just the specifications of the engine and not the details of the variant.

I could be wrong though
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 11:23   #29
BHPian
 
Ferrariwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 204
Thanked: 430 Times
Post Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

This might be a bit off-topic but is a new Vento expected any time soon as both the cars were facelifted at the same time the last time. Mods please delete if found irrelevant.
Ferrariwell is offline  
Old 11th July 2014, 11:28   #30
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 186
Thanked: 135 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I don't think the brochure mentions anything about a Manual TSI or there is anything in it which can be interpreted to mean that, at least not from what i saw. it shows the 3 variants on top and below that it lists the 3 engine options. What is listed below is just the specifications of the engine and not the details of the variant.

I could be wrong though
In the brochure, There are two variants 1.) GT TSI 2.) TSI (105 PS). Second one looks like TSI with manual transmission.
Vishal.R is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo 1.2 petrol LXi 2011 - An exhaustive summary DevilsCry Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 45 20th January 2017 18:17
Honda Amaze and Brio get some changes (October 2014) Aditya The Indian Car Scene 26 12th November 2014 15:20
Honda City - 22000 Km Summary Experience ashokabs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1 11th January 2011 17:05
A quick summary of road trip to Guruvayur Traxter Travelogues 16 18th May 2010 11:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks