Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th July 2014, 11:24   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush_Traveller View Post
Wow, a 76% month on Month volume increase for Alto thatís stunning, I remember some seeing 2 new Altoís parked along the roadside near my house a few weeks back, Alto is still a hot seller compared to the fact it looks bit tardy compared to Hyundai Eon which is sold just 1/5th of Altoís sales. June has been an awesome month for MSIL, despite the rains not falling good sales have recorded for MSIL.
Along with Maruti, Honda is picking up good sales, Amaze has again picked up some pace along with the magnificent new city. Mobilia launch will so some wonders soon to boost up some more sales for Honda.
Hyundai has 3 top sellers, Xcent, i10 grand & Eon all selling at approximately same volumes (7K Ė 6K along with Verna (3K).
It will be interesting to see what the festive season bring out for the best sellers, all eyes are on the Ciaz, Mobilio & other new launches, recently the revetron engine is making quite a lot of buzz, lets hope it can turn some stones for TATA.
We have to congratulate Hyundi and Honda for taking on Maruti mass mania in the country even though all three are producing reasonably good cards for reasonable value and Maruti continues to be undisputed king and accumulating more profits compared to others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Indian Car Scene!
Can you please share what is the secret of Bolero selling consistently for the past so many years ? which segment really buys this utility vehicle?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th July 2014 at 15:42. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Old 12th July 2014, 12:19   #32
BHPian

Default Re: June 2014 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDRAVI View Post
Can you please share what is the secret of Bolero selling consistently for the past so many years ? which segment really buys this utility vehicle?
Go to any city 100+ kms away from a big city, travel on State Highways & you will get your answer.
paharino1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 12:25   #33
BHPian

What's up with the celerio s number ? is there still production constrains or the demand has settled down ? I expected it to be some where between swift amd wagon r or the least in 10k figures.
Old 12th July 2014, 12:42   #34
BHPian

What is wrong with Ford management, even after starting multiple shifts at the plant they are unable to get the EcoSport waiting period down for the domestic market . This alone can increase their domestic monthly sales figures. most of the prospective buyers will eventually move to other cars.
Old 12th July 2014, 12:59   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDRAVI View Post
I heard from a fellow journo that the Bolero has a 7 - 8 month waiting period in Nasik Remember that Nashik district has over 3,000 villages. It's pretty much the hub of that region.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 13:33   #36
BHPian

Thanks Aditya for the wonderful analysis.

Kudos to Honda for number 3 position with no new offering from Mahindra, Honda might stay at number 3 for coming months. Although XUV and scorpio numbers are killing competition from Terrano and Duster.

Of the mentioned cousins Terrano is showing lower numbers as this car does not have any discounts..
Old 12th July 2014, 14:20   #37
BHPian

A "fuel type" split up of the numbers would have been quite helpful and informative, considering that Diesel is/will be no more subsidized and is set to increase every month.

I believe Tata is heading in the right direction by introducing the Revotron range of petrol engines. A little Tata IMO, had always caught the pulse of the people, it was catering to (though they missed the intricacies, which is an other story). Almost all of it's launches were revolutions in our market, be it the Sierra, Sumo, Safari, Indica or the compact sedan (they started it all).
wheeledsoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 14:53   #38
BHPian

I just bought a Bolero Plus (Di) recently and there was no waiting period at all... They delivered the vehicle in 3 days from Nashik. Long waiting period Boleros are the ones with m2DiCR engine.
Ahmed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 15:23   #39
BHPian

Every time I see this thread, apart from going through my favorite models and manufacturers I also keep an eye on how Tata Nano is faring. I think Tata should do a rethink on their strategy and come up with a model having some more juice in the entry level segment. The entire idea of volume sales for a low cost mass market car has tanked, its high time to change the model and strategy.

Last edited by shinuak : 12th July 2014 at 15:40. Reason: correction
Old 12th July 2014, 15:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

If there is a serious threat to Hyundai, it is from Honda. I'm sure they are probably scared of thinking how the sales numbers will look like if Honda positions a model in each segment with a diesel heart. Except against the Alto for now i guess.

In my mind, what works for MSIL but doesn't for Hyundai inspite of Hyundai churning out good looking, well appointed cars is that each of the MSIL cars has a distinct character! Something that Hyundai's are probably now lacking. The hyundai's all have started looking the same inside out. The Maruti's on the other hand look pretty different from each other across the segments.

And for some reason, Maruti Suzuki continues to tug at the hearts of millions of first time car buyers in India. I've seen well paid IT beginners in my office picking Alto over the Eon or the rest! And proudly defending their decision as if that little Alto will last them a life time. Only time i remember a manufacturer ever tugging at heart that way was during the Hamara Bajaj campaign!
Old 12th July 2014, 16:10   #41
BHPian

The really interesting thing that's happened this month is that the Superb has been dethroned from its top spot by the Camry. I really did not see that one coming any time soon. Along with Corolla decimating its opposition, some good news for Toyota after their strike problems.
apurva512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 16:20   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
The really interesting thing that's happened this month is that the Superb has been dethroned from its top spot by the Camry. I really did not see that one coming any time soon. Along with Corolla decimating its opposition, some good news for Toyota after their strike problems.
All of Toyotas high margin products (innova, fortuner, corolla, Camry) are class toppers. Looks like even after the etios disappointment toyota ate laughing their way to the back. This should give an indication to Toyota to bring their products (Rav 4, Yaris) which even at a premium will sell due to legendary toyota reliability and service.
Old 12th July 2014, 22:21   #43
BANNED

Just a small curious question.

Does the numbers put up against Alto is a mix of all 3 Alto models (800, Alto Classic & K10) .
Old 13th July 2014, 01:48   #44
BHPian

The sharp increase in YoY & MoM domestic car sales will definitely provide comfort for the top bosses of respective manufacturers to think about allocating more $$$ in their respective R&D kitties
Old 13th July 2014, 08:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
If there is a serious threat to Hyundai, it is from Honda. I'm sure they are probably scared of thinking how the sales numbers will look like if Honda positions a model in each segment with a diesel heart.
Isn't that so good for us, customers? Competition among manufacturers is good and always welcome. In some segments, introduction of new models is only increasing the segment share and allowing each manufacturer to have his share of pie (Dzire, Amaze, Xcent).

Hyundai and Honda seem to have clear strategy out to target various segment and I am looking forward to following launches for them to make a comeback

Hyundai - Facelifted Verna (facelifted solaris launched in Russia looks so good), Facelifted i20, Facelifted Elantra and new Hyundai ix25

Honda - Mobilio, Jazz, Facelifted CRV...

Anyways, interesting times ahead to keep watch on Sales figures in coming months

Last edited by Simhi : 13th July 2014 at 08:12. Reason: spell check
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread