Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th July 2014, 09:46   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Thanks.

Does anyone have idea how to transfer a company leased vehicle to a third party, before the lease period has expired?
Same procedure as a 2nd hand purchase, get the NOC from the financier along with other docs from your company.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 22:17   #17
BHPian

Thanks everyone. It was a pleasure to share the details.

I was initially skeptical about going through the process without an agent but the thought of having all the original documents in a strangers possession didn't allow my mind to be at peace. Plus I realized that if I can overcome the problems myself, not only will I save money but also would have the knowledge and experience to get it done during my subsequent purchases. I made several mistakes and blunders, however the experience was quite satisfying. I hope i get the RC card without any issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
You don't need to know Kannada either, the RTO staff are friendly (from my experience at both Jayanagar and Indiranagar)
Agreed. I did not find the need for local language during the entire process either. The officials at the 3 RTOs; KR Puram, Jayanagar and Indiranagar; I visited were kind and friendly enough for my satisfaction. This despite the confusion I caused and the crowd at the office. One person the KR Puram even arranged all my documents in order and filed them for me while I was sitting and waiting for my turn to get them verified. It was a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoopscv View Post
Thanks for the detailed information. One of my friend who thought it will take so many days to finish with both the RTO office, contacted an agent who charged 4k for this complete procedure .

One doubt: in the step 2, life time tax paid receipt is also need to be submitted?
Though the process was smooth for me, in some cases things do get complicated and cause delays. These, in my opinion, are sometimes due to lack of proper documentation on the applicants side. It is beneficial to go well prepared with the "correct and accepted" documents.

The question about LTT has been answered by AirWind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Thanks for sharing! Clearance certificate - do you mean NOC?
finneyp I am gad you brought this up! No, the CC and NoC are not the same thing.

CC - Clearance Certificate issued by one RTO within the state to enable a transfer to another RTO in the state. This is to be requested by submitting a hand written letter on the lines of the template I attached in my earlier post. It does not have a standard form.
For example transfer of a car from KR Puram RTO to Electronic City RTO required a CC from KR Puram RTO.

NoC - No Objection Certificate issued by RTO in one state to enable registration of vehicle in another state. The standard form required for this is Form 28.
For example transfer of a car from any RTO in Karnataka to TamilNadu requires a NoC from the Karnataka RTO.

I was under the impression that I could transfer our Jayanagar registered vehicle to my name in the same RTO itself. I was told that this is not possible and that I need to apply for CC. I was armed with filled Form 28 and produced the same only to see a confused expression on the RTO officials face. This is when I was told that CC and NoC are two different documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
- You will be asked for a "B" extract of the RC. This contains all the details of the vehicle registration that are not printed on the RC card. Importantly these include the hypothecation status and any other legal issues. This can only be got at a Bangalore One centre for Rs. 10. It is advisable to get this before you part with any money.

There's usually a lot of running around from counter to counter but if you have all the correct documents (including the CC) and come early enough, the actual application process can be completed in less than an hour.
Thanks for the tip! The "B" extract is something I will explore during my next used vehicle purchase.

Its a breeze if one has all the correct documents. I did not during my CC application process which led to multiple visits. The ownership transfer part was a lot smother.
rajathv8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 11:01   #18
BANNED

I transferred my vehicle on my own. In my case even the RTO office also changed from Indiranagar to KR Puram, I has to face a bit of harassment though. A multiple visit was needed to submit the documents. Make sure that you carry a proper Address proof along with your PAN card.
Officers are quite good. You will not face any issue if you don't know local language though.
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 20:43   #19
BHPian

Clear & informative article. I too have done most of my RTO works on my own and have had a smooth experience. Did Jayanagar RTO deliver the CC & RC to your address or the ex-owner's address? Once I had to get CC from Jayanagar RTO and was informed that it would be sent to the address on the RC only.
VaahanYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 11:02   #20
BHPian

Thanks for a neat and detailed description,
One question : How many days generally it takes for getting the New RC book/card by post from the date of submitting the documents ?
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 08:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaahanYogi View Post
Did Jayanagar RTO deliver the CC & RC to your address or the ex-owner's address? Once I had to get CC from Jayanagar RTO and was informed that it would be sent to the address on the RC only.
The CC was sent to my residence - the address that I put down on the envelope while submitting the documents. They did not make a fuss about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
How many days generally it takes for getting the New RC book/card by post from the date of submitting the documents ?
Submitted the docs on 19th July and received the RC on 7th Aug - 19th day after submission on docs

Last edited by rajathv8 : 17th August 2014 at 08:54.
rajathv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 13:55   #22
BHPian

Hi I have an urgent query which is connected to this topic. I am planning on getting the registration transferred to my name for a car I recently purchased.But the insurance for that has lapsed. So my question is while submitting my documents for ownership transfer is it needed that the insurance be on previous owners name or can I get a new insurance policy issues in my name and apply for transfer of vehicle.(Question specific to Karnataka RTO)
Rokztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 21:23   #23
BHPian

I do not have a straightforward answer to your question. So the options are :

1. Getting insurance in previous owners name
This will work in the RTO without doubt.
It may be easier to get the insurance done since all documents will currently be in previous owners name. The insurance can later be transferred to your name. Ideally the seller is expected to sell a car that has a valid insurance.
Would like to add that my car, which is now in Bangalore, was insured in Kochi and to get the ownership transfer I was asked to produce the car at the Kochi office for inspection! I did not get the insurance transferred and instead bought a new policy. More info here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sk-me-202.html (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me)

2. Getting insurance in your name :
Dont know if this will work at the RTO. It may end up being RTO specific - they have no regard for what is posted on the Transport Department website.
It may be a hassle to get the insurance in your name while all other documents are in previous owners name.

In short, if I were in your position I would stick to option 1. Hope this helps.
rajathv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 15:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
  • Form 28, application for NoC, is not applicable for transfers within state. A separate letter of application for CC from the seller is required. I ended up getting confused between NoC and CC which cost me two weeks.
Thanks for the great information. This link says 'Clearance Certificate is not required for two wheelers'. So CC is required only for cars.

Link: http://rto.kar.nic.in/cc-issucss.html
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 19:13   #25
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed writeup, this is no doubt very helpful.
alamtiwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 12:23   #26
BHPian

Default Re-registering a 2011 TN registered Figo in KA

Guys, I am planning to re-register my car from TN to KA. It is a 2011 Ford Figo with LTT already paid in KA. I am in process getting a NOC from TN RTO. I went through the procedure mentioned in KA RTO website, but it doesn't say anything about the cost involved or about the change in the existing documents.

I have the following queries with regards to the procedure of re-registration,

1. Cost involved in re-registration and for getting a new number ( I understand a fancy number will carry a premium on it's own)
2. How will the re-registration affect the Insurance? Would I be required to buy a new insurance for the new number or can I transfer the existing one?
3. The same with RC. Will the KA RTO issue me a new RC card with the new number?
4. Any other obvious points I am missing from the above list..

Mods: I was not able to find any thread with the above information, hence creating a new one. Requesting you to merge with an existing one, if required.

Edit: It is a 2011 Figo and I have requested the mods to change the thread name as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by satan's_valet : 24th December 2014 at 12:25.
satan's_valet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 14:23   #27
BHPian

Default Re: Re-registering a 2011 TN registered Figo in KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I have the following queries with regards to the procedure of re-registration,

1. Cost involved in re-registration and for getting a new number ( I understand a fancy number will carry a premium on it's own)
We had got our Gujarat registered i20 re-registered in Mangalore, Karnataka earlier this year. I am not sure about the costs because we got the registration transfer done through an agent. The money we paid him was inclusive of his charges, new registration number and RC smart card charges( IIRC it was around Rs 3000).Please refer to this post of mine and some post below it:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3400752 (Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced)

Quote:
2. How will the re-registration affect the Insurance? Would I be required to buy a new insurance for the new number or can I transfer the existing one?
No, you don't have to buy a new insurance policy for the new number, the same policy will continue. You have to give a copy of your new KA RC to the Insurance company( they may for a visual inspection of the car). They will update the address, new regn number etc for free. But on the policy, if you want the RTO location to be changed, either some amount will be refunded to you or you will have to pay differential charges(in my case an amount of Rs 1265 was refunded when I got the RTO location changed from Junagadh, Gujarat to Mangalore, Karnataka)

Quote:
3. The same with RC. Will the KA RTO issue me a new RC card with the new number?
Yes, they will issue a new RC smart card with your new regn number.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 24th December 2014 at 14:24. Reason: correcting spelling mistakes
skanchan95 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 15:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
We had got our Gujarat registered i20 re-registered in Mangalore, Karnataka earlier this year. I am not sure about the costs because we got the registration transfer done through an agent. The money we paid him was inclusive of his charges, new registration number and RC smart card charges( IIRC it was around Rs 3000).Please refer to this post of mine and some post below it:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3400752 (Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up year of ownership- UPDATE: rack replaced)

No, you don't have to buy a new insurance policy for the new number, the same policy will continue. You have to give a copy of your new KA RC to the Insurance company( they may for a visual inspection of the car). They will update the address, new regn number etc for free. But on the policy, if you want the RTO location to be changed, either some amount will be refunded to you or you will have to pay differential charges(in my case an amount of Rs 1265 was refunded when I got the RTO location changed from Junagadh, Gujarat to Mangalore, Karnataka)

Yes, they will issue a new RC smart card with your new regn number.
Thanks Kanchan.

I am still not sure if I should go through a broker for re-registering. I went on my own for paying the LTT and didn't encounter any hassle in the procedure. I will try going to the RTO once to check the process and if it seems like it is gonna be cumbersome, I will get it done through an agent.
Old 24th December 2014, 15:19   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

If the required documents like NOC, identity proof and address proof are there, registration shouldn't be an issue for you to go through a broker.

All that they need is an NOC mainly.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 15:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If the required documents like NOC, identity proof and address proof are there, registration shouldn't be an issue for you to go through a broker.

All that they need is an NOC mainly.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag. Can a broadband/landline bill be accepted for Address proof?