Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2017, 10:26   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: How to transfer car from one State to another state?

Bunch of threads should give you info.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4170190 (Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4177720 (Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
I would like to know how to get the transfer done and is there a way to keep my number so I can drive it in both states or do I have to get it changed.
If you pay the road tax for Karnataka, you can drive the car with the same reg. in both states without a worry.

But, good chance you'll be stopped because of your AP plate. Unnecessary hassle.

Also, KA has among the highest road tax in the country, so you'd be wasting money.

Quote:
Also, I've paid life tax in Hyderabad, would I get a refund for it in case I change the number?
If you change the reg. to KA.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:23   #107
Team-BHP Support

Exclamation Re: How to transfer car from one State to another state?

Thanks for the URLs.

Moderator's Note:Please carry on with any further discussion on this subject at one of the existing threads as in the quoted post above. This thread now stands locked.

Please search the forum before you open a thread on any subject.
Closed Thread