Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th October 2015, 14:16   #391
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Toyota India will not introduce the all-new Fortuner in the Indian market before 2017, according to N Raja, Senior Vice President and Director, Sales and Marketing, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Ltd.
Obviously.. When guys like GM is going to launch an all new SUV that looks like the previous gen Fortuner, why should they worry
Old 5th October 2015, 17:18   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
While Toyota may 'delay' the new Fortuner launch in India to reap maximum profits from the current Fortuner, wonder if they will start giving any offers or discounts on current Fortuners' to clear stocks for the new Fortuner
Latest ACI reports that current Fortuner is running a discount of INR 40,000.

It seems like there is a slow down in people buying the current one as they may be waiting for the new one & this time Toyota is caught on the wrong foot .
Old 5th October 2015, 17:51   #393
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have observed Honda since 1980s. Honda is not a company that likes to build dabba (box) on wheels.

In a civilized society/infrastructure, a soft roader WORKS. It is very rare people in those regions encounter 4x4 situations, and when they do it is probably intentional (to upload an offroad video on youtube for people in India to watch! )

Honda focuses in light, performance vehicles in developed markets. I dont remember a vehicle from Honda that has ladder chassis. Toyota provides product for both markets- developed and undeveloped.

2 different companies, 2 different philosophies

I am pretty sure the new Fortuner will be 'softer' than the old one, thats because market is shifting. Very few people want to be driving a dabba (box) on wheels to office.
Old 5th October 2015, 20:28   #394
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Am I the only one who thinks that the current Fortuner looks much better than the new one?

Not supporting Toyota's move in delaying the launch of the new model, but I can't imagine how the SUV loving masses will take to this new one's looks - it seems to have lost the macho looks of it's predecessor.

The new Endeavor looks fantastic - if Ford can price it well, I think they can take the fight to Toyota.
Old 5th October 2015, 22:51   #395
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Let's not go off-topic with the Honda CR-V, guys. Let this thread be about the Fortuner and its direct competitors.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 18:14   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a look at the two fiercely competitive behemoths side by side:

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-2016toyotafortunervs2016fordendeavourfrontinimages_2.jpg

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-2016toyotafortunervs2016fordendeavourfrontthreequarterinimages_2.jpg

Quote:
A member of the New Toyota Fortuner Club in Thailand has managed to snap the 2016 Toyota Fortuner parked alongside the 2016 Ford Endeavour, giving a better idea as to how the two scorn rivals compare in terms of exterior design.

Both models look remarkably better than their respective predecessors, and have a bold exterior design. The Fortuner has sleek headlamps and a heavily styled bumper, while the Endeavour keeps it simple yet strong.

Both the 2016 Ford Endeavour and 2016 Toyota Fortuner will be launching in India, although people interested in the latter, according to the company, will have to wait till 2017, while the former arrives early 2016.
IAB
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 08:34   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAB View Post
Both models look remarkably better than their respective predecessors, and have a bold exterior design.
Don't think so.

The Ford, definitely looks great. The old Endeavor stands no chance. A good looking brute.

Coming to the Toyota, the current Fortuner looks much better than this one. The old Fortuner is a classic in comparison.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 08:46   #398
BHPian

This Endeavor looks smashing. The old Endeavor was more of a box and looked disproportionate. IMO, its far better looking than the new Fortuner. A bit over-styled i feel. The previous Fortuner was the best looking of the lot.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:14   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
While Toyota may 'delay' the new Fortuner launch in India to reap maximum profits from the current Fortuner, wonder if they will start giving any offers or discounts on current Fortuners' to clear stocks for the new Fortuner.
Well said ! They know they cant sell it in any other country. I'm sure Toyota will come up with some cosmetic updates for the old model & probably some discounts as well.
Old 15th October 2015, 15:11   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2016 Toyota Fortuner has arrived on Indian shores. One unit has been imported from Thailand for R&D purposes, as per Zauba.

Get ready to spot camouflaged mules of the butch SUV in the days to come.

RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 18:17   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I have seen the new Fortuner and new Endevour both in Bangkok recently. There is absolutely no comparison, the Endevour wins hands down.
Hands down? Looks are a personal call. The new Fortuner has smashing road presence. New look black fortuner with DRLs is especially a stunner. But of course, if asked to choose I'd pick the Endevour because of its more traditional lines. And Endevour was always the better looker.

I am in Thailand currently and the new Fortuner is spotted easily but very difficult to come across the new Endevour. You can expect a similar fate in India.

Last edited by rrsteer : 15th October 2015 at 18:19.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 01:32   #402
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hands down? Looks are a personal call. The new Fortuner has smashing road presence. New look black fortuner with DRLs is especially a stunner. But of course, if asked to choose I'd pick the Endevour because of its more traditional lines. And Endevour was always the better looker.

I am in Thailand currently and the new Fortuner is spotted easily but very difficult to come across the new Endevour. You can expect a similar fate in India.
That's great news.
Could you please, if you only have the time share the first hand experience of the feel , fit and finish of both Fortuner and Endeavour.

May be a test drive report would be an icing on the cake
Old 18th October 2015, 20:40   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
That's great news.
Could you please, if you only have the time share the first hand experience of the feel , fit and finish of both Fortuner and Endeavour.

May be a test drive report would be an icing on the cake
Actually I was on a holiday in Thailand. I could rent only a Nissan Sylphy and Isuzu MU X. Hertz were displaying the pictures of the new Fortuner in their catalog, but could offer only the old Fortuner for rent. So, instead I chose the MU X which was a nice SUV too.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 14:01   #404
BHPian

Australian Fortuner with company fitted Bullbar.
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445329703.987690.jpg
Source:caradvice.au
In a few days time we will get the first English review of the 4x4MT Fortuner.
dean5545 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 21:38   #405
BHPian

And the Australian reviews are out.
Attaching the link to 2 of the reviews, One is a video review whereas the other is a written review with 100+ photos, so enjoy folks!
Video Review

Written Review:Caradvice
Credits:
Carsguide Australia and Caradvice Australia.
dean5545 is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread