Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th May 2015, 00:28   #421
BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
The Wait is Finally Over! The car came in over the weekend, promptly finished up the paper work did the PDI on Monday and everything looked fine with 6kms on the ODO. The VIN no finished with CHZ (March 2015 mfd). Got my special number from the RTO today and the D-DAY is tomorrow ! YEY!
Congratulations! Which one is it? 75 hp or 90hp?
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 02:12   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Congratulations! Which one is it? 75 hp or 90hp?
90HP it is. Look at the post below, Quoting Rover2000's post.

Quote:
So here I am! booked the Punto Evo 90hp Sports White, end of March 2015 and eagerly waiting for its home coming.
Congratulations BTW.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 16:10   #423
BHPian

Smile Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look

Congratulations Rover.
Please post the pics soon. As some members have pointed out the Evo 90hp has a newer map compared to the Grande Punto 90hp. Let us know your observations.
Looking forward to a detailed review too in due time. As such there are very few owners' reviews of the Evo and not sure if any for the 90hp one.

Quote:
The Wait is Finally Over! The car came in over the weekend, promptly finished up the paper work did the PDI on Monday and everything looked fine with 6kms on the ODO. The VIN no finished with CHZ (March 2015 mfd). Got my special number from the RTO today and the D-DAY is tomorrow ! YEY!
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 17:12   #424
BHPian

My Hearty Thanks to all dear BHPians!

Here are some initial pictures right out of delivery. Though I took delivery of my new 'Pocket Rocket' early last evening I could manage to click few pix only after I got back home after all formalities(Temple pooja(2) followed by dinner treat for family)

Initial thoughts..well it is definitely not a rocket in the first and second gears but that was not my worry anyway as my driving is 90% highway. We are hitting the Highway today for about 80kms...so that is what I am looking forward too..a smooth ride!

Will try and provide more updates soon..as WE munch on the miles together!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-wp_20150507_010.jpg  

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-wp_20150507_013.jpg  

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-wp_20150507_014.jpg  

Rover2000 is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 18:43   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Here are some initial pictures right out of delivery.
Congrats Rover2000 on your latest acquisition. She looks Gorgeous in that shade.

From what I understand, your "80Km drive" must be done now and you surely will have some additional info on the 90 HP EVO behavior. Please list the same

Better yet, start the much needed EVO 90 HP Ownership thread bro, which probably does not exist on Team BHP yet !!
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 18:53   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new Punto Rover2000 . You will eventually get used to the gear ratios and the car does open up after 5-6k kms, wishing you the best and hope the car gives you a long trouble free ownership.

As a Linea owner from past 6 years, it is a very well built car and you will fall in love with the vault like build, dynamics, ride quality and the famed hydraulic steering. This car totally shines on highways.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 15:39   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Rover2000 on your latest acquisition. She looks Gorgeous in that shade.

From what I understand, your "80Km drive" must be done now and you surely will have some additional info on the 90 HP EVO behavior. Please list the same

Better yet, start the much needed EVO 90 HP Ownership thread bro, which probably does not exist on Team BHP yet !!
Thank you Vik!!!
I am not sure if I am competent enough to give a detailed analysis on the 90hp EVO, but nevertheless I will try and compile my findings in the next few days. Thanks for the encouragement though

on the highway drives - I have not pushed speed beyond 70-80kms just to ease out in the initial run period. What i did feel was the surge this 90 HP EVO provides beyond 2000rpm. Its like asking you to "move it you slowmo". This Pocket Rocket just hugs the roads brilliantly although i felt the ride was a little bumpy at times on uneven roads( tyre pressure 32psi all around).Otherwise this car is bliss to drive and it definitely turned much more heads than i expected!
Rover2000 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 15:47   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats on your new Punto Rover2000 . You will eventually get used to the gear ratios and the car does open up after 5-6k kms, wishing you the best and hope the car gives you a long trouble free ownership.

As a Linea owner from past 6 years, it is a very well built car and you will fall in love with the vault like build, dynamics, ride quality and the famed hydraulic steering. This car totally shines on highways.
Thank you!!
I definitely agree with you coolboy! this car totally shines on highways.
There was one thing I did test on the highway - The last time I parked my Verna on a park lane on the highway and whenever a huge truck or a Volvo bus passed by the car..you would feel this thrust which makes your car sway like a little swing. I wanted to test the same with my new EVO. Guess what I waited like a kid hoping this car would shake or sway the same way! But it hardly moved, stood there like a rock with minimal sway! more confirmation on the solid build of these cars!
Rover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 15:55   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

.... although i felt the ride was a little bumpy at times on uneven roads( tyre pressure 32psi all around).
That's the drawback of the higher GC. Low GC (pre 2012) cars hug the road and don't bounce around.
A friend of mine swapped the suspension setup as soon as he bought the car. He preferred occasional scrapes to the perpetual bounce.
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 15:59   #430
BHPian

Hi All,
It has been a week with my new Punto Evo now. I have been experiencing a light steering pull to the left on the highways though the road has down slope to the right. On flat roads it is visible.Will this be a factory alignment issue or any other ? Kindly advice
Rover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 16:32   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
It has been a week with my new Punto Evo now. I have been experiencing a light steering pull to the left on the highways though the road has down slope to the right. On flat roads it is visible.Will this be a factory alignment issue or any other ? Kindly advice
Hopefully the tyre pressures are correct in all 4 wheels whenever you are experiencing this 'pull'?!

Either you take the car to Fiat ASC and inform them about the issue or else take the car to any competent alignment guy who should be able to sort out the issues.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 12:43   #432
BHPian

Did anyone also face this : I think I mentioned this in my ownership report. I do not get a feeling that the entire cabin is cooled when the ACC is on.
For example when the outside temp is about 38C I set the ACC temp to 24. I get that cooling feeling only if I direct the vent towards me. On the other hand I've noticed that in our Swift Dzire the cabin gets rapidly cool and stays that way. In the Evo however, the cooling just disappears as soon as we turn off the AC.

I mentioned this at FASS and wanted it to be checked. The technician switched on the ACC and plonked in a digital thermometer into the AC vent. It showed -5 and he said it's ok. Morever he said that this AC does not rapidly cool, but tries to maintain the temp based on the outside temp so there's no extreme difference when we step out.
rav11stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 12:57   #433
Senior - BHPian

The fact;
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Morever he said that this AC does not rapidly cool

And the fiction.

Quote:
but tries to maintain the temp based on the outside temp so there's no extreme difference when we step out.
It is better to sit in another Punto Evo and check if it is the same. Also the ACC works a bit different from the manual AC(if your Dzire is equipped with it).
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 13:03   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The fact;
It is better to sit in another Punto Evo and check if it is the same. Also the ACC works a bit different from the manual AC(if your Dzire is equipped with it).
You're right. The Dzire had a manual ac. I'll check out another punto evo and see.
Anyone with a Punto Evo with ACC in Pune, can you pls let me know
rav11stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 13:30   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post

You're right. The Dzire had a manual ac. I'll check out another punto evo and see.
Anyone with a Punto Evo with ACC in Pune, can you pls let me know
Visit your dealership it ASC where you'll get a few Punto's equipped with ACC where you can check and report the problem.

ACC takes reference from outside temperature and cabin temperature. Hope none of these sensors were blocked during your usage! Not sure where it is located in the Punto but in my Swift the outside temp sensor is located on the dash to the right whereas the cabin temperature sensor is located on the left side of the steering wheel.

Do check them once.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote