Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 13:05   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
maddy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Coorg
Posts: 1,847
Thanked: 489 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You should spend more time in this forum. To answer, yes; Owners confirm the latest batches are much better compared to the initial lots.



I do NOT find anything wrong with this.
I visit the forum daily. My issue was with the drop in sales and not the increase. My query was when sales were dropping. Remember sales were better than scorpio at one time. Now it isnt. There was a time they were talkin Duster numbers. Not anymore. His reply was diplomatic but for an export reliant vehicle are you seriously saying the slow down in india also caused a slow down in australia and south africa and south america? You can send cars there dont you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
, its disappointing and borderline complacency
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Let's understand the context a bit better.
My argument was over the drop in sales. Can some scorpio sales be converted.

I was at one time a potential customer. Way back in 2012. The niggles thread scared me as the car was for my Parents and the nearest service station is 100kms away through awfully pathetic roads. How ever proactive your service is i dont want my Dad at his age to go through that.

If the Niggles in electrical and electronic components are really fixed i hope they tell that rather than let the new owners check for themself.

Kudos Mahindra. 3 great products. Bolero, Scorpio and XUV.

Before you folks jump on me my family has been Mahindra customers from 1975 and currently we have 3 M&M at home.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 13:20   #17
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,703
Thanked: 7,599 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
I do not understand how it scored 4 stars since the A pillar is not standing up to task and has deformed under impact. The front right column caved in. It scored 4 stars but there are a lot of caveats and many loose ends. (pun intended)



there were also other areas for concern



Also it says that the XUV that underwent crash test was the 'All Wheel Drive' varient. So what about the other varients, what structural members are missing there ? Cost cutting seems to be inherent in Indian companies so it is a normal question to ask.

First you question if it is safe. Then when someone provides a certification from a authorized entity, you look for negative mentions in the details. Isn't the overall star rating given AFTER accounting for all the details?

You can always read it the way you want. But many a times, its just your bias and not reality that is speaking.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 13:34   #18
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

I currently own an I20 and XUV 500. My signature indicates the cars I have owned earlier. The wait for version 2 of xuv 500 as most niggles would be addressed was worth it. Having covered 13535 kms on XUV 500 ( in eight months), haven't had any glitches other than door sensors acting up after the first service. The vehicle has been as good as the other vehicles that we have owned. Kudos to Mahindra on an excellent product and surely will suggest people if they are in the look out for an MUV/SUV.
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 13:36   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 641 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

I can understand when you say it comes across as bias, it felt the same way to me on reading my own post because of the way sentences are put together, but can't format it better anyways now. the points I raise about structural integrity are issues that I personally felt were valid, in a high selling car, you can say the SUV version of something like the Maruti Swift.

It seems the car has not satisfied structural integrity in so much that there is ingress into and deformation of the passenger cabin, but it has somehow passed the test because the deployed airbag prevented head injuries. I am worried about this especially since this is a high-selling car because, it will be an endorsement to other manufacturers who will release India-specific varients that cut corners but look stylish on outside.

I hope you understand the spirit of the argument, we have here aspirational brands that look stylish on the outside but pretty thin on specific fundamentals.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 14:03   #20
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,703
Thanked: 7,599 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
I can understand when you say it comes across as bias, it felt the same way to me on reading my own post because of the way sentences are put together, but can't format it better anyways now. the points I raise about structural integrity are issues that I personally felt were valid, in a high selling car, you can say the SUV version of something like the Maruti Swift.

It seems the car has not satisfied structural integrity in so much that there is ingress into and deformation of the passenger cabin, but it has somehow passed the test because the deployed airbag prevented head injuries. I am worried about this especially since this is a high-selling car because, it will be an endorsement to other manufacturers who will release India-specific varients that cut corners but look stylish on outside.

I hope you understand the spirit of the argument, we have here aspirational brands that look stylish on the outside but pretty thin on specific fundamentals.
I still do not understand what you mean by cutting corners in the context of the XUV5OO. Reducing weight to improve the efficiency of the car is a global trend and as long as you are doing it without compromising safety, don't see anything wrong in it.

Besides thinner sheet-metal (as compared to let's say Scorpio), are you hinting at any other examples of cutting corners?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 14:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
....What i expected is that M&M reply what efforts they are making to increase the sales...
Even if they are currently implementing any new process, they would NOT share it with anyone outside of the group. There should be enough discussions happening about the lower numbers is what my gut feel is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
....Since the goal was to increase numbers, suggestion would be explore automatic and petrol options.
While a diesel automatic is definitely a good thought, I am NOT too positive on the petrol part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
...His reply was diplomatic but for an export reliant vehicle are you seriously saying the slow down in india also caused a slow down in australia and south africa and south america? You can send cars there dont you?...
The export countries might be getting a different variant (which saisfies the laws & compliance there) and there could be production constraints for those spec. So they may NOT be able to convert the excess capacity to importing more XUVs.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 08:54   #22
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

Hi SDP, This is really a very good analysis of numbers. Makes me feel better as i have already booked the XUV500 and expecting delivery next week. The numbers definitely looks better than good in the overall context. I like to think that this is after the response from the manufacturer in solving the various niggles that have been reported.

I also personally spoke to at least three or four XUV500 owners who purchase the vehicle in last 2 years. The trend seemed pretty upswing.
XUV500_BLR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 19:03   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,708
Thanked: 3,288 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

Sales cross 1.5 lakh.
link
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 09:02   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 211
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: In 34 months, Mahindra XUV500 finds 1 lakh owners

This is great news and kudos M&M for producing a gem. It took 14 more months to cross another 50k sales and seem to be going strong as ever. Hopefully they get the much waited AMT version soon and have the sales chart on fire.
Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : Scorpio finds a new home! benbsb29 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 168 8th January 2015 11:22
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26
Study finds dogs can smell cancer _Crazi4Speed_ Shifting gears 2 24th September 2004 18:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks