Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 19th March 2015, 14:35   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
126 BHP is Absolutely True and so is the Automatic Transmission..

I'm 99% Sure that all the Cars Parked at the Event were Diesel hence, there is a really high possibility of an AT Diesel because the ix25 was AT. I always wanted to open the hood but these guys didn't let me do that.

1.6L 126 BHP as conveyed by Nielsen guys to me. Dead Pedal was there, Boot Space is a bit better than Ecosport and the Seating Position is good.

6 Airbags - Yes and no idea about the rest.
That looks like a great package and thanks for sharing the details. I also received a call from the local hyundai dealer last month as a part of the survey and asked many questions. I have asked them to call me again once the vehicle is in the showroom. But have a feeling that the price will be in the XUV territory. Hope i am wrong .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 17:01   #197
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
That looks like a great package and thanks for sharing the details. I also received a call from the local hyundai dealer last month as a part of the survey and asked many questions. I have asked them to call me again once the vehicle is in the showroom. But have a feeling that the price will be in the XUV territory. Hope i am wrong .
Naveen, rather it was your post which I remembered when I got a call for this New Compact SUV Survey. I asked him whether it's Hyundai or Honda and the moment he said that I own an Ecosport, I just told him he's from Hyundai and certainly talking about the ix25. To my surprise, he told me that I've to come over and the car is there for Display, that was

Regarding Pricing, if it were to be in XUV Territory then they would surely have the XUV on Display but they had the Scorpio. I pointed out to them that the Ecosport just takes a beating on Power and other Bells & Whistles like Projectors & DRL's aren't much of a Game-Changer atleast for me if the price difference between a Top-Spec ix25 and Ecosport is huge, a sane Decision would be to stick with the Ecosport.

Told them that it gives a Wonderful Efficiency (19.3 Km/L) Without AC (Winters somewhat still here in Delhi) and Maintenance Costs are really low and Ecosport is their Nearest Rival. Hope they get the Pricing Correct and Ford gets a Shock since they took Customers for a Ride in terms of Sudden Price Shocks right after Launch.
tsk13 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 20:19   #198
BHPian

Good looking car. I guess it had to, if it borrowed so many design elements from Evoque
Old 21st March 2015, 00:49   #199
Senior - BHPian

Post re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
126 BHP is Absolutely True and so is the Automatic Transmission..

1.6L 126 BHP as conveyed by Nielsen guys to me. Dead Pedal was there, Boot Space is a bit better than Ecosport and the Seating Position is good.

6 Airbags - Yes and no idea about the rest.
Great on the confirmations, tsk13. Thanks very much. 126bhp 1.6 ltr, automatic and 6 airbags all sound wonderful. In fact, too good to be true. But knowing Hyundai, they are capable of this.. Exciting!

Tsk, from your entire survey related experience, do you have any feelers that the top-end diesel auto variant could come within 10.5L-11L ex-showroom?

Quote:
Naveen, rather it was your post which I remembered when I got a call for this New Compact SUV Survey. I asked him whether it's Hyundai or Honda and the moment he said that I own an Ecosport, I just told him he's from Hyundai and certainly talking about the ix25. To my surprise, he told me that I've to come over and the car is there for Display, that was

Regarding Pricing, if it were to be in XUV Territory then they would surely have the XUV on Display but they had the Scorpio. I pointed out to them that the Ecosport just takes a beating on Power and other Bells & Whistles like Projectors & DRL's aren't much of a Game-Changer atleast for me if the price difference between a Top-Spec ix25 and Ecosport is huge, a sane Decision would be to stick with the Ecosport.

Told them that it gives a Wonderful Efficiency (19.3 Km/L) Without AC (Winters somewhat still here in Delhi) and Maintenance Costs are really low and Ecosport is their Nearest Rival. Hope they get the Pricing Correct and Ford gets a Shock since they took Customers for a Ride in terms of Sudden Price Shocks right after Launch.
Yes! I agree and that makes sense. Size wise also, the ix25 looks very similar to EcoSport than XUV5OO. The test drives and comparisons were also done with EcoSports and Dusters. Pricing of this vehicle is certainly going to be very interesting, given the configurations already confirmed, also keeping in mind that Hyundai want to price it close to EcoSport.

And yes, Ford will learn its lesson soon. Their high handed days are already long over. I know a couple of guys in my workplace who lost interest in EcoSport in spite of its quick availability and are going for Fiat Avventura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Good looking car. I guess it had to, if it borrowed so many design elements from Evoque
Haha! Yes, stole the words right out of my mouth. Such a Evoque-esque side profile beauty, no?

Last edited by k_ajay : 21st March 2015 at 00:52.
Old 22nd March 2015, 12:07   #200
BHPian

Hi Guys,
My honest opinion is that we should not expect the ix25 to be priced anywhere close to Ecosport.
We may take the price of the i20 active as reference price and expect the ix25 to be priced at least 3 lakhs more than the i20 active.
Firstly the size of the ix25 will put it in 24% excise duty bracket and not sub 4 meter bracket. Next is the size of the engine i.e., 1.6 litres.
There are so many other factors which will jack up the cost of the vehicle and make it more expensive than the Ecosport.
So we may expect the base petrol variant of the ix25 to be priced around 10 lakhs and the top end diesel variant of the ix25 to be priced around 13 lakhs.
I am being optimistic here again.
patil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 14:14   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Next is the size of the engine i.e., 1.6 litres.

I believe they will offer both 1.4 litre and 1.6 litre engine options just like in the Verna. That should give them 4% tax savings and help with the entry level prices.

Duster also comes with 90ps and 110ps options. If reports are to be believed, even S-Cross might have 1.3 90hp and 1.5 / 1.6 diesel options. And Hyundai has already made it clear of their intentions to hit the Ecosport segment. There has to be a 1.4 diesel option also to take all these competitors head on.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:06   #202
Senior - BHPian

Just like the I20 Elite, this car also looks highly inspired by the Evoque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:27   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Going by all the rumored specs, I don't feel this vehicle will be anywhere close to the Duster prices. Why not view it as a cheaper alternative to something like the Yeti?
Old 23rd March 2015, 06:54   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Going by all the rumored specs, I don't feel this vehicle will be anywhere close to the Duster prices. Why not view it as a cheaper alternative to something like the Yeti?
I did a compare on carwale, between this vehicle, the yeti, the adventure and the ford ecosport. The little unsung Yeti still comes out way on top of all the others in terms of features and everything else! Absolutely no compromise with the Yeti, while it may not be a big seller, it still offers much much more than these others named and is still a way cheaper alternative to the big expensive Euro crossovers/ mini-SUV's
Old 23rd March 2015, 08:21   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I did a compare on carwale, between this vehicle, the yeti, the adventure and the ford ecosport. The little unsung Yeti still comes out way on top of all the others in terms of features and everything else! Absolutely no compromise with the Yeti, while it may not be a big seller, it still offers much much more than these others named and is still a way cheaper alternative to the big expensive Euro crossovers/ mini-SUV's

ix25 seems to be dimensionally comparable to Yeti- longer while being only marginally narrower and shorter. The Hyundai arguably looks better and more SUV'ish (for the masses) than the Yeti. And being a Hyundai- it should be having good quality interiors and a nice feature set. Yes, it won't have the solid build of the Skoda though.

The 4*2 model of the Yeti at 18.9L has a 110bhp / 250nm diesel which is covered by the Hyundai 1.6 diesel with 128ps and 265 Nm. DSG would have been a superb differentiator, but Yeti doesn't get that either! The 4*4 model is more capable and has a more potent engine tune of 140hp- but priced way over the top at 20.5L

I think the market will perceive the ix25 (Or even the S-Cross for that matter) as 90% Yeti for 70% of the price (even if Hyundai prices it on the higher side).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:52   #206
Team-BHP Support

The other big difference:

One is CBU/CKD while the other being almost an Indian. And that makes it quite low on cost. The difference of engine (2L Vs 1.6L) also helps big way on cost. In my opinion a compact SUV (4/4.5m) does not need more than a 1.6L engine. And also in firing the top end grunt on the Hyundai, they give one whats needed for the straight line highway as well. So from that point of view the iX25 makes a lot of sense. Only drawback: If only they could have made it a bit more spacious on the rear.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 16:39   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Not questioning your argument, but can you elaborate a bit more on what features are you talking about in the Yeti which the IX25 is not going to offer.

To a layman like me, it seems a very compelling proposition from Hyundai if priced in the range of Duster. (I think anyone expecting it to be priced alongside Ecosport will be thoroughly disappointed). The IX25 will be a better looker than Yeti (though subjective) with better power and power-to-weight ratio (comparing with Yeti 4*2), should offer better mileage and A.S.S. Also, being a Hyundai, I expect it to be very well loaded with all the bells and whistles expected from this class of vehicles.

To me, the only areas where the Yeti will score more is the better and more solid build, better handling and better offroading abilities (though I doubt people buy the Yeti for offroading).

I am very bullish about the prospects of this vehicle. I expect it to be a big winner and it will easily replace the Duster as the segment topper. If priced closed to City/Verna etc., it can also take away lot of customers from the C+ segment as well. Only caveat being Hyundai does not become over greedy and price it well above the Duster territory.
Old 23rd March 2015, 19:01   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Not questioning your argument, but can you elaborate a bit more on what features are you talking about in the Yeti which the IX25 is not going to offer.
My sincere apologies - I did a comparo on the I20 Active, the Avventura, the Yeti and the EcoSport.
The IX25 or 35 is not yet visible on Carwale in terms of features etc.
I do appreciate your thoughts and believe you won't be far out as regards the new Hyundai IX 25 or 35.
Old 31st March 2015, 13:21   #209
Senior - BHPian

No further updates on the iX25? Does anyone have an informed clue about when the mini-suv will be launched?
Old 31st March 2015, 17:59   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
No further updates on the iX25? Does anyone have an informed clue about when the mini-suv will be launched?
6-8 months, according to my trusted Service Adviser. Could be a festive season launch, if true.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread