Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2015, 10:51   #271
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

The Verna's petrol & diesel motors are fine for this car. I hope Hyundai will not offer the i20's 1.4L Diesel even as an option! Increasingly, we are getting cars that look the part but don't move the way they look. It's a pity really.
amit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 11:08   #272
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV to be Unveiled in India in June

Launch of Hyundai ix25 SUV is set for a later date, probably in August 2015.

Slated for launch in India by August 2015, just ahead of the festive season, new ix25 is expected to be given a new name here. The reason being, their ‘i’ series of naming, in India is reserved for hatchbacks – i10, Grand i10, Elite i20, and i20 Active. Some buyers might think the name ix25 hints at something which is based on i20 hatch (which is not the case). To avoid this confusion, Hyundai India will most likely give it a new name. We expect this new name to be revealed at the official unveil next month.
Ah..That looks promising regarding the launch dates. And I sincerely hope that we get the higher powerplants from Verna rather than those from i20. I am seriously contemplating this one but all depends on our own review and how it fares against other contenders.

On a different note, with all humility and risk of getting a dose from moderators and no offence to anyone, I just hope they don't name it as Banta-Fe like Santa-Fe!

Last edited by BoneCollector : 19th May 2015 at 11:10.
Old 19th May 2015, 11:44   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

On a different note, with all humility and risk of getting a dose from moderators and no offence to anyone, I just hope they don't name it as Banta-Fe like Santa-Fe!
If Hyundai follows the same logic

Jokes Apart, look-wise it has ticked the right boxes, however knowing Hyundai vehicles it all matter's on ride quality and suspension setup of the upcoming vehicle.
And if they are bench-marking on Ride Quality with Duster then it should be good

PS: I am a Duster Owner so cant avoid being Partial.

Last edited by soumobakshi : 19th May 2015 at 11:51.
Old 19th May 2015, 19:53   #274
BHPian

Little off the topic, I happened to drop by this Hyundai Dealer ( Borivali East - On the WE Highway) to check out Verna 4s couple of weeks back. I was surpised when the saleswoman told me that they are accepting the booking for ix25 with 5 Lac INR.

She was frank enough to admit that they do not have any details about the car but as it is launched, whoever are booking now would be allocated the car in the first lot.

Is it okay for the dealer to start accepting the bookings even when the product has not been launched ?
Old 19th May 2015, 20:50   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

5 lac!! That's called day light robbery & highly un-ethical! But then, who cares! There will be a bunch who will go "deposit" that amount & get the car in the first lot for the sake of novelty. And the dealer benefits from the interest gained from the deposit.
Old 19th May 2015, 21:11   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
5 lac!! That's called day light robbery & highly un-ethical! But then, who cares! There will be a bunch who will go "deposit" that amount & get the car in the first lot for the sake of novelty. And the dealer benefits from the interest gained from the deposit.
I tried doing ( paying booking advance) that in Chennai to see if they provide more information on release dates , but didn't succeed. They have no information on release dates and they were not accepting advance booking !!

Last edited by ampere : 19th May 2015 at 21:30. Reason: Fixed a minor typo
Old 19th May 2015, 22:14   #277
BHPian

I tried to extract some information from local dealer in Chandigarh as I know the owner very well. Sales head was confident that car bookings start in June with delivery by next month. He says Hyundai will give option of 5 or 7 seater and automatic is confirmed. Lets see if he gave the right information.
Old 20th May 2015, 18:13   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
I was surpised when the saleswoman told me that they are accepting the booking for ix25 with 5 Lac INR.

She was frank enough to admit that they do not have any details about the car but as it is launched, whoever are booking now would be allocated the car in the first lot.

Is it okay for the dealer to start accepting the bookings even when the product has not been launched ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
I tried doing ( paying booking advance) that in Chennai to see if they provide more information on release dates, but didn't succeed. They have no information on release dates and they were not accepting advance booking !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
I tried to extract some information from local dealer in Chandigarh as I know the owner very well. Sales head was confident that car bookings start in June with delivery by next month. He says Hyundai will give option of 5 or 7 seater and automatic is confirmed. Lets see if he gave the right information.
Booked a petrol top variant (SX or SX (O)) earlier today. (DETAILS (The "I Booked my Car" Thread))

Official go-ahead for the bookings have been given, as per the Hyundai dealers in Chhattisgarh. They are accepting bookings for the ix25 right now.

Launch is slated for June-end with deliveries slated for early July, as per the information I received from my dealer. The AT option will be provided with the 1.6L petrol and the car will be a 5-seater, is what I got as feedback. No info on if there will be a 7-seater version yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Indeed! 5 lacs is completely insane!

But there are people who will grab this opportunity, pay the insanely huge amount, then twist the dealership's arms to no end for the first-come-first-served basis. They HAVE to have the car before everyone else - it's a matter of pride & prestige for them.

The dealership simply laughs their way into the bank. Easy money earned through free interest.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th May 2015 at 18:14.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 18:35   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Booked a petrol top variant (SX or SX (O)) earlier today.
Wow!!! Congrats RavenAvi!!! The 11 lacs OTR is really tempting me. Actually a mini-SUV was never in contention for me, I was looking for premium hatchback - especially Jazz but if the pricing is true, iX25 will also come into contention

However, 5 lacs is insane and I unfortunately do not have any friends who own a dealership. So I will wait for the launch and probably take delivery sometime later.

Last edited by Vigkey : 20th May 2015 at 18:40.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 20:38   #280
BHPian

Just thinking aloud - in my personal opinion, if the June launch date is correct, the timing for ix25 is planned by Hyundai in such a way that ix25 hits the market before Jazz launch planned for 8th July so that potential customers who may get attracted to Jazz due to H badge, find it all the more difficult with the i20 Elite, I20 Cross and ix25 line up. It will definitely make Honda's job more difficult in terms of product pricing and positioning. I feel an interesting market dynamic unfolding.
Car_fanatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 20:54   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_fanatic View Post
Just thinking aloud - in my personal opinion, if the June launch date is correct, the timing for ix25 is planned by Hyundai in such a way that ix25 hits the market before Jazz launch planned for 8th July so that potential customers who may get attracted to Jazz due to H badge, find it all the more difficult with the i20 Elite, I20 Cross and ix25 line up. It will definitely make Honda's job more difficult in terms of product pricing and positioning. I feel an interesting market dynamic unfolding.
You are absolutely right Car_fanatic. Proof?? See my post just above yours
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 22:52   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The AT option will be provided with the 1.6L petrol and the car will be a 5-seater, is what I got as feedback.
So, no diesel ix25 with AT? Hmm...! When will these guys learn? Does Hyundai have to imitate Ford so badly? Since Ecosport sells only petrol AT, Hyundai is launching petrol only AT. Do these guys know that cheapest diesel AT SUVs are at 30+ Lakh OTR? And there is a big vacuum under that price.
Old 20th May 2015, 23:13   #283
BHPian

Its sad to see that no AT being offered for the diesel variant. They really missed an opportunity right there.
Old 21st May 2015, 01:31   #284
BHPian

As far my source goes, he says Diesel AT is coming for sure.
Old 21st May 2015, 01:56   #285
BHPian

Guys, Petrol AT of Diesel AT, if they are going to give the prehistoric 4 speed torque-converter, I don't think there is any point. I am pretty sure they will give the same 4 speed box in Verna and I am not very keen on that. If they give a 6 speed box, then it will be a game-changer for sure. Let us wait for more concrete news to pour in.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread