Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th June 2015, 12:02   #616
BHPian

What do you mean by this cross members on roof look weird? Every car has that and they are called Roof Bows. Unless you have them, where does Roof, which is large panel, gets support and stiffness?
NaveenKD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 12:08   #617

Default Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

The feature list looks awesome. A few doubts though,

1. Is the LED position lamp same as that of the DRL?
2. Will the Creta get 60:40 split folding seats?

BTW, the news about CRETA getting 200mm GC is wonderful
Old 27th June 2015, 12:18   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Official website has been updated to include the new Official Image.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-off-site.gif

Official Press Release:
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-pr1.gif
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-pr2.gif
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-pr3.gif
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-pr4.gif

RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 12:29   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
The feature list looks awesome. A few doubts though,

2. Will the Creta get 60:40 split folding seats?

BTW, the news about CRETA getting 200mm GC is wonderful

As far my source goes, no split seats. But I hope the source info turns out to be wrong.
Old 27th June 2015, 12:35   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Official website has been updated to include the new Official Image.
Impressive set of features there!

Its good to see them highlighting on safety features, especially airbags all around, ESP etc. Looking forward to the ride and handling aspects.
vb-san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 12:44   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
As far my source goes, no split seats. But I hope the source info turns out to be wrong.
The seats are large and supportive, while the cabin is reasonably spacious. The room for the rear passenger is very generous and is fairly comfortable and adequate for average sized Indians especially when it comes to kneeroom.
Quote:
The boot space looks impressive and can easily accommodate luggage of a family, while the 60:40 split rear seats add to the SUVís flexibility.
Passenger comfort is a primary focus, and there more than sufficient kneeroom for rear seat passengers. The boot is impressive with close to 400-litres of luggage space.

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...review/22340/2
Old 27th June 2015, 14:02   #622
BHPian

Looking at the first drive reviews up on a couple of websites, the Creta looks impressive and should do very well. I personally love the look of the car sans most of the chrome elements. No petrol AT is a downer and i believe a nice 6-speed petrol AT would have been nice for the folks who drive less and prefer the refinement of petrol engines. Lower cost is an added benefit too
Old 27th June 2015, 15:03   #623

Bad News (atleast for me). The Automatic Diesel won't be offered in the SX(O) trim. :(
yjagota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 15:04   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are the views of most of the Twitterati that were present in today's Media Drive of the Hyundai Creta:

Name:  T1.GIF
Views: 3887
Size:  51.7 KB
Name:  T2.GIF
Views: 3877
Size:  58.7 KB
Name:  T3.GIF
Views: 3877
Size:  44.8 KB
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-t4.gif
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-t5.gif

In addition, AutoX gives a huge thumbs up to the ride quality of the Creta:

Quote:
On the road Ė well, at Hyundaiís perfectly paved test track anyway (which consists of two short straights, and a nicely banked roundabout Ė the Creta felt extremely well balanced and surefooted on the road.
With the new i20 there was a sense that Hyundai had taken a leap forward in the dynamic abilities of their vehicles, and this is reflected in the Creta as well.
In the Elantra, for instance, the ABS would cut in a little too soon.
In the Verna, the rear end would get loose.
But in their latest generation of machines, there are no such problems. They stop and go with the surety of the best machines that have been engineered on the Autobahn. Now that theyíve conquered design and features, this is the next frontier for this Korean giant Ė the integrity of whatís under the skin. And this is what makes them extremely dangerous for every other automaker on the planet.
Now, letís be clear, this is a very preliminary first-drive that we can only use as a reference point to infer what the car will be like to live with. But we can tell you this much, itís doesnít disappoint. The brakes are very good, with the ABS providing a lot of confidence. The body control is extremely good as well, with the steering responding sharply to your inputs. Steering feel is far improved over Hyundaiís of old, but itís still not as good as the Duster for instance. We only drove the car on the test track, but based on the way it handled we can assume that the ride quality will be pretty good as well. It certainly appears more suited to the tarmac than the Duster. The Renault has a rugged flavour, while the Hyundai certainly feels more like a city slicker Ė and a slick one at that!
The driversí seat holds you firmly in place, and all the controls fall perfectly to hand. The only shortfall is that the steering column doesnít adjust for reach. Space in the cabin is good though. In the rear, you get nicely executed AC vents, a central arm rest, and a 12-volt socket. You also have great head-and-leg room, but shoulder room when three abreast (especially when youíre sandwiched between two well nourished auto journalists) can be a little tight.
The automatic transmission, while not lightening sharp, lets you shift manually if you so choose. What it does brilliantly, however, is remain smooth and refined at all times. The engine response is more than adequate with either gearbox, but this engine (the 1.6 diesel) does seem to buzz a little more than you would like. Now, itís not a diesel clatter thatís annoying, but it is a little more intrusive than you would like.
But, really, what weíre doing here is nit-picking. On the whole, as an everyday machine, that Creta is everything we expected it to be Ė and more. Like I said before, it looks better in the flesh than in the pictures Ė which is to say that it looks just the right amount of imposing and elegant on the road. Itís certainly a step-up on the inside from anything in its segment, and thereís no doubt that itíll be an extremely capable and comfortable car to live with everyday.
AutoX

Now, with a tremendous amount of anticipation, let's wait for GTO's official Team-BHP review of the Creta!
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 15:45   #625
BNM
BHPian

Did anybody notice electrically adjustable driver seats on the top end trim ?
Old 27th June 2015, 15:49   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like one of those rare products where the company behind it has got everything right- A Segment that is hot in India, The design, features, quality, engine options, transmissions and based on the current estimates, the price also. The only real miss is a petrol AT. Assume it will come at some point. Eagerly awaiting the team bhp report.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 16:22   #627
BHPian

That is some really good news on Creta. It has everything it needs to make it the next industry best seller. It is loaded with features, some of which are segment firsts. Confirmation on the 6 speed AT diesel is fantastic news as well. I really hope HMIL does the needful to meet the huge demand they will see for Creta in the coming months and do their best to keep the waiting periods to a minimum. In 2011 we had to wait for around 7 months for the Verna Diesel SX 1.6 to be delivered even after booking it 2 weeks after launch. Hope it is different this time. Have pre-booked Creta this time (booking #1 at the dealership) for the diesel AT variant. Really looking forward to the official release from HMIL on pricing details for the different variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
I have the same doubt. The features have been published on the Creta microsite, but it does not mention anything about a Daytime Running Light. It says LED Positioning Lights. I hope they don't just give us the led lights which act as the Park Lights. Any confirmation on this?

Last edited by over.drive : 27th June 2015 at 16:47.
Old 27th June 2015, 16:42   #628

Autocar review says that automatic version will be available in the lower SX varient. That means it misses out on lot of features. I was hoping for the diesel automatic to be the flagship varient.
Old 27th June 2015, 16:54   #629
BANNED

Any confirmation on cruise setting, really useful on recent NH roads.
Looks like no sunroof.
Old 27th June 2015, 17:00   #630
Senior - BHPian

Well, finally cat is out of the bag. Great to know Creta will come with 6-speed AT. Way to go Hyundai. You have my money on this one. Will definitely go for it. Been waiting for an AT diesel SUV and the cheapest one today starts at 30+ L. Although it is a mini-SUV, it will serve my purpose more than enough. I'm not exactly fording/wading type who takes a car to streams, marshes, mud or terrain. Only downer is rear drum brakes but it's nothing I cannot live with. Also good to know of soft suspension. Comfortable slow speed runs are more important to me. I'm not corner-attacking type who crave for stiff suspension. Also very good to hear this car looks better in real than in pics. That is very re-assuring. Come on.... come on Hyundai, you are wasting time. Bring it on. July 21 seems so far away.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread