Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th June 2015, 17:07   #631

Default Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chohan View Post
Autocar review says that automatic version will be available in the lower SX varient. That means it misses out on lot of features. I was hoping for the diesel automatic to be the flagship varient.
I posted this too but my post wasn't approved for some reason. This is a real bummer for me too. I am in for buying a new vehicle and was planning to book Creta as soon as it was confirmed that it was a 6-speed auto and not a 4-speed one. But this came as a bummer. There will be no SX(O) variant for the automatic. And the SX variant loses out a lot of good features.
Old 27th June 2015, 17:15   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Hai Guys, there is rumor that CRETA will get the same ground clearance as the chinese spec model which is 183mm and that the shark fin antenna/ 17" diamond cut alloys, etc will be available as options and not as standard equipment. Any info on these aspects.
Ground Clearance has been raised. Exact figure will be revealed in a few days' time, when the full technical specifications are officially announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Rushlane blog suggests that automatic will be available only in diesel variant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The only real miss is a petrol AT. Assume it will come at some point.
That's because the test cars for the Media Drive comprised of Diesels (manual & automatic) only.

I suggest waiting till the petrol variants are unveiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Do we get rear disc brakes like the rest of the world or has that been changed to drums?
Front discs, rear drums.

Quote:
1. Is the LED position lamp same as that of the DRL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
I have the same doubt. The features have been published on the Creta microsite, but it does not mention anything about a Daytime Running Light. It says LED Positioning Lights. I hope they don't just give us the led lights which act as the Park Lights. Any confirmation on this?
1) LED Positioning Lamps are more akin to those found on the pre-facelifted XUV 500, albeit brighter. They are not exactly DRLs, and come with lesser lights inside.

Quote:
2. Will the Creta get 60:40 split folding seats?
2) No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjagota View Post
Bad News (atleast for me). The Automatic Diesel won't be offered in the SX(O) trim.
Quote:
Autocar review says that automatic version will be available in the lower SX varient. That means it misses out on lot of features. I was hoping for the diesel automatic to be the flagship varient.
Don't feel bad just yet.

The SX AT has quite a few features over and above the SX Manual, one of which is the Navigation-based Head Unit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Did anybody notice electrically adjustable driver seats on the top end trim ?
Don't think so. The Official Features list doesn't have it. (LINK (Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta))

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Any confirmation on cruise setting, really useful on recent NH roads.
It doesn't look like we will get Cruise Control here in India.

Three essentials which might have been saved for a mid-life facelift - an All-Wheel Drive system, Cruise Control and a sunroof. I expect those in 2-3 years' time, specially when the competition starts to catch up.

But, the Creta is still sufficiently loaded to take on the competition head-on. It has got it's basics right - excellent responsive engines, first-in-segment diesel AT, good ride quality, excellent NVH levels, a proper handler at all speeds (unlike older Hyundais), excellently-tuned suspension, and a long list of premium features - overall, a complete package which has plenty of German "stamp" on it (not surprisingly). That should be good enough to give the Creta a head-start in the race, come 21st July!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th June 2015 at 17:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 17:27   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Which model does this spec sheet refer to ? I ask because the headline bullets include a reference to a 7" AVN while the table below refers to a 5" system.
Old 27th June 2015, 17:36   #634
BHPian

Default Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:

I hope that this isn't the truth. Hyundai is capable of doing just that. They have done it with the I10 grand before. The manual transmission is cheaper by about 90k OTR Bangalore and gets 2 airbags and Diamond cut alloys. The Automatic I10 grand misses out the two features.

It looks like only SX trim auto was made available for the media drive. Trust Autocar to have got it right. Their article earlier today stated that the top spec variant would get the auto. Now they seemed to have changed that to the SX trim.

Is Hyundai afraid that the top spec auto will be a threat to the Elantra?

Hyundai don't do this.Really disappointed.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 27th June 2015 at 17:51.
Old 27th June 2015, 17:37   #635
BHPian

A first look video from ACI that is actually not a first look

Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 17:40   #636
BHPian

No Automatic on SX (o) Variant as per Autocar India and Overdrive reviews. Very sad and the most probable reason is Hyundai wants to keep the price bracket low. I mean the price of the top most variant low which will help Hyundai project the Creta as an affordable mid size SUV.

In fact Hyundai should offer Automatic Option on the top end SX (o) trim so that the people wanting an automatic transmission will not have to compromise on safety and features. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope we will get a top spec automatic.
patil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 17:48   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
No Automatic on SX (o) Variant as per Autocar India and Overdrive reviews. Very sad and the most probable reason is Hyundai wants to keep the price bracket low. I mean the price of the top most variant low which will help Hyundai project the Creta as an affordable mid size SUV.

In fact Hyundai should offer Automatic Option on the top end SX (o) trim so that the people wanting an automatic transmission will not have to compromise on safety and features. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope we will get a top spec automatic.
Depriving the AT of top spec features is a ridiculous move. This is what put me off when I was looking at the Eco Sport. I am really disappointed.
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 18:37   #638
BHPian

No AT on the Diesel SX(O) is a dampener; Makes no sense

Was about to step out at the neighborhood dealership to book, reading the first impressions BUT held back now reading about the absence of AT on the top variant. Might not be a deal breaker for many, but those Droool Worthy Diamond cut alloys and safety features are a must on the list

The perfect (or near perfect) replacement remains elusive so far
Old 27th June 2015, 18:37   #639
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Depriving the AT of top spec features is a ridiculous move. This is what put me off when I was looking at the Eco Sport. I am really disappointed.

I second this opinion.
Whoever wants to get an Automatic is usually safety conscious. This is the reason Automatics were offered on higher variants traditionally.
This would make me think again to buy Creta.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2015 at 14:27. Reason: Typos
niv26 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th June 2015, 19:07   #640
BHPian

Review from Motorbeam

Quote:
The diesel automatic won’t be offered in SX(O) trim and will only come in the SX variant. The difference between the SX(O) trim is it gets 17-inch alloy wheels, 7-inch AVN, leather seats and traction control system while the SX variant gets 16-inch wheels, 5-inch touch-screen and fabric seats. The other features include smart key, push button start, electrically folding rearview mirrors, rear AC vents, reverse camera, etc. Hyundai continues to skip on a distance to empty (range) feature which is omitted on the Grand i10, Xcent and i20 as well.
Quote:
Boot space is pretty good and Hyundai has given a full sized alloy mounted spare wheel. The top variants get six airbags.
Review from IAB
Quote:
The SX (O) variant of the Creta will come equipped with six airbags, ABS, EBD, VSM, HAC (Hill Ascent Control) and ESC, which can be turned off if necessary

Last edited by damager21 : 27th June 2015 at 19:10.
Old 27th June 2015, 19:35   #641
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2015 at 14:29.
niv26 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th June 2015, 19:50   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Which model does this spec sheet refer to ? I ask because the headline bullets include a reference to a 7" AVN while the table below refers to a 5" system.
The headliner specs refer to the 7" AVN (Audio/Video/Navigation + 6 speakers) Head Unit in the SX (O) variants, which is again highlighted under "Hi-Tech Features" on top. It is paired to display the view from the reverse camera as well.

The 5" touchscreen Audio System is the one given in the SX AT (or SX). It supports navigation too (as was evident from the pic which was sent by my birdie two days back (Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta)), but I don't think it has support for the reverse camera view.

IMO, the regular SX (or maybe the S) manual variant gets a non-touchscreen 2-DIN Head Unit, similar to the one found in the Elite i20. Still unclear about this one.

This might be a deliberate move by Hyundai India to make the SX AT more appealing at a lower price point.

Refer to this post (Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta) for a more clearer view of the differences between the two.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-official-features-list.gif

The SX (O).
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretadashboard1.jpg

The SX AT (or the SX).
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-image_lr.jpg

The SX Manual (or the S).
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretainteriorspied.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 19:55   #643
BHPian

I can't believe we have filled so many pages just speculating! Relax folks, why don't we just wait for few days more for the specs to come out?
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 20:01   #644
BHPian

Was waiting for the last many days to see if Hyundai was launching AT with a 4 speed or 6 speed gearbox. If they launched AT with the 4-speed gearbox then I was looking to change my booking to manual SXO Creta. Was really happy and relieved today to learn that Creta would come with 6-speed AT. But now, this news that Creta AT would only be available in the SX variant is a real bummer. I guess, will have to wait for some more time to find out what features will be part of the SX AT variant. Will have to make a final call after that. This is a real dilemma having to choose between convenience of the AT gearbox or safety/convenience/features/other equipment. The wait continues...
over.drive is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 20:34   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Any confirmation on cruise setting, really useful on recent NH roads.
Looks like no sunroof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It doesn't look like we will get Cruise Control here in India.

Three essentials which might have been saved for a mid-life facelift - an All-Wheel Drive system, Cruise Control and a sunroof. I expect those in 2-3 years' time, specially when the competition starts to catch up.
Cruise control in Creta confirmed by Carwale, Overdrive and MotorOctane in their review.

Quote:
Like the Chinese-spec Hyundai ix25, the Creta will also feature creature comforts like cruise control, automatic climate control, keyless start and reverse parking camera. Hyundai India has brought the same model to our country without skimping much on the features list in the India-spec model.
Quote:
The Creta’s interior styling is a lot more stylish and feature loaded than competition. The Creta gets keyless entry, push start and stop, cruise control, automatic headlamps and wipers, reverse parking camera, touchscreen infotainment system with bluetooth connectivity, steering mounted audio controls and even rear AC vents. It will get six airbags, diamond-cut alloy wheels, leather seats, 7-inch AVN system, push start and stop.
Quote:
Inside the car, like a typical Hyundai, there are many creature comforts including cruise control, touch-screen infotainment system, climate control, rear AC vents, push button start and a reverse camera with parking sensors. However, these features are expected to be there only in the top variants. The base trim gets halogen headlamps, matte black grille, no roof rails or fog lamps as well as body-coloured A-pillar and door handles.

Last edited by damager21 : 27th June 2015 at 20:38.
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread