Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 18th January 2016, 09:55   #286
BHPian

Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Seems like Maruti is not launching the Q3 after all, thanks to damager21. Are the people managing the Maruti webpage so ignorant ? They have taken down the image now.
http://www.marutisuzuki.com/vitarabrezza.aspx

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th January 2016 at 10:54. Reason: lets keep the tone civil. Thanks.
The Rationalist is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:20   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
...1. First-ever passenger vehicle in Marutiís portfolio that has been conceptualised, engineered and developed by the Indian team.
I believe I read the same thing when the A-Star was launched!
Old 19th January 2016, 06:41   #288
BHPian

Sent a mail to Maruti customer care about this and read the reply. What you say about the hilarious reply?

Vitara Breeze??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Customer Care.

We have received your communication regarding New Vitara Breeze.

As of now there is no official information regarding any new product / introduction in New Vitara Breeze. You may kindly note that, we shall keep our customers updated with all the information on these products at relevant point of time and through official communication channels.

We look forward to your continued interest and trust in Maruti Suzuki.

Regards,
ANY TIME MARUTI
(Call Us- Toll Free: 1800 102 1800 and 1800 1800 180)
Please visit us at http://www.marutisuzuki.com

C01

========================
Received: 1/17/2016 8:16 PM
To: ATM Queue
Subject: Wrong picture of Vitara Brezza

Dear Sir,

While we are eagerly waiting for the launch of Brezza, I am very sorry to see that
you have used the picture of Audi Q3 to represent Brezza (in the background) in your
page on Brezza at,

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/vitarabrezza.aspx

The Audi pic is clearly evident from the headlights and the grill. I request you to change this at the earliest to escape the embarrassment.

Hope you take the action at the earliest.

cheers,
girish

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Maruti has updated their Brezza page with front image of a car. Usually brands do show some image of the car as a teaser without giving away too much details.

Strangely though, the car in the background does not appear to be Brezza. The headlight looks like that of Audi while grill design looks like Datsun. Not sure why a manufacturer would put a random picture.
girishv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 09:19   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Sent a mail to Maruti customer care about this and read the reply. What you say about the hilarious reply?
Looks like your email worked! Perhaps they mailed you the generic response and then fired the IT manager. There's no picture there now, just the information about it coming soon.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 13:02   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Maruti Suzuki's 1.5L petrol engine not yet ready for launch? Reports now indicate the Vitara Brezza will be launched in diesel variant.

Quote:
It will be launched on 3rd February at the 2016 Auto Expo only with a four-cylinder 1,248cc diesel SHVS hybrid engine producing 89 bhp maximum power at 4,000 rpm and 200 Nm of peak torque at 1,750 rpm mated to a five-speed manual transmission.

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...41614444027905
Old 19th January 2016, 13:18   #291
BHPian

Question Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is Maruti Suzuki's 1.5L petrol engine not yet ready for launch? Reports now indicate the Vitara Brezza will be launched in diesel variant.
Hi Volkman, Maruti have managed to keep the car under the wraps, literally, for quite some time now, even so when the distance to the launch date is narrowing down.
Could you manage to find out if the car is going to have the Cruise control feature? I need to know this urgently as my Baleno is ready for delivery over the weekend. The feature in question is high on priority for me when buying a car.
Old 19th January 2016, 13:37   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Could you manage to find out if the car is going to have the Cruise control feature?
I think this in no- brainer, IMO- it will have cruise control in its top variant.

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th January 2016 at 13:44.
Old 19th January 2016, 13:55   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Volkman, Maruti have managed to keep the car under the wraps, literally, for quite some time now, even so when the distance to the launch date is narrowing down.
Could you manage to find out if the car is going to have the Cruise control feature? I need to know this urgently as my Baleno is ready for delivery over the weekend. The feature in question is high on priority for me when buying a car.
I believe some of the spy pics posted earlier in this thread seem to indicate presence of cruise control.
Old 19th January 2016, 14:53   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post

Vitara Breeze??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Customer Care.

We have received your communication regarding New Vitara Breeze....
Am sure the Auto-correct has played spoil sport here. They should have re-checked it before sending it though. Creates a poor impression; but then, can you expect a lot different from a company who published Audi picture in their official site instead of their upcoming product?!

Quote:
...I need to know this urgently as my Baleno is ready for delivery over the weekend. The feature in question is high on priority for me when buying a car.
How did you end up choosing the Baleno which doesn't have a cruise control? I guess you can always delay the Baleno delivery citing some personal issues. Even if the Brezza offers cruise control, that would be only in the top spec, which might be couple of lakhs above the Baleno top end. Hope you are prepared to shell out the extra money.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th January 2016 at 14:54.
Old 19th January 2016, 15:10   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Even if the Brezza offers cruise control, that would be only in the top spec, which might be couple of lakhs above the Baleno top end. Hope you are prepared to shell out the extra money.

No way Maruti can price the Brezza top end 2L more than Baleno top end. A maximum of 50K - 1L is my guess. At 2L premium over Baleno, Brezza will be dangerously close to SCross - a blunder Maruti won't repeat.

Check this:

Ritz ZXi: 5.50L
Add 50K for the additional metal
Add 50K for the additional features
Add 50K as the premium for an SUV
Add 25K for their greed

Minus 25K, a portion of the premium paid to Suzuki Japan, as it is developed in India.

If adds up to 7L for the top end Petrol Brezza. So, it can start st 5.5L for the base Petrol.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th January 2016 at 15:26.
Old 19th January 2016, 16:29   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
No way Maruti can price the Brezza top end 2L more than Baleno top end. A maximum of 50K - 1L is my guess. At 2L premium over Baleno, Brezza will be dangerously close to SCross - a blunder Maruti won't repeat.

Check this:

Ritz ZXi: 5.50L
Add 50K for the additional metal
Add 50K for the additional features
Add 50K as the premium for an SUV
Add 25K for their greed

Minus 25K, a portion of the premium paid to Suzuki Japan, as it is developed in India.

If adds up to 7L for the top end Petrol Brezza. So, it can start st 5.5L for the base Petrol.
I'd say that's too optimistic! I don't think anyone would frown if they decide to go head on with Ecosport in terms of pricing. Start at 6.99L and top out at 9.5L.

I dont think Maruti would mind an almost parallel pricing with S-Cross; people who want an SUV with lesser space will go for Brezza and those who want a better quality / space will choose S-Cross.
Old 19th January 2016, 16:46   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I'd say that's too optimistic! I don't think anyone would frown if they decide to go head on with Ecosport in terms of pricing. Start at 6.99L and top out at 9.5L.

I dont think Maruti would mind an almost parallel pricing with S-Cross; people who want an SUV with lesser space will go for Brezza and those who want a better quality / space will choose S-Cross.
SCross Diesel starts at 7.75L now. SCross Petrol (if exists!) can start at 1 lakh less, ie, at 6.75.

Less 50K for <4m length tax exemption.
Less 50K for the smaller 1.2L engine.
Less 25K for the missing (?) features.

The final "guestimated" price for the base Petrol Brezza stands again at 5.5L! And Diesel Brezza can start at 6.5L!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th January 2016 at 16:47.
Old 19th January 2016, 17:33   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
SCross Diesel starts at 7.75L now. SCross Petrol (if exists!) can start at 1 lakh less, ie, at 6.75.

Less 50K for <4m length tax exemption.
Less 50K for the smaller 1.2L engine.
Less 25K for the missing (?) features.

The final "guestimated" price for the base Petrol Brezza stands again at 5.5L! And Diesel Brezza can start at 6.5L!
Nice estimation, but you are forgetting something called "greed"
If proceed high during launch, I'm sure people will wait to avoid s-cross kind of disaster called price correction
Girish
Old 19th January 2016, 17:40   #299
Senior - BHPian

Tired of seeing the 1.3 DDis and 5 speed gearbox mated to every vehicle Maruti Launches.

If this too comes with that, even in its 90 bhp form, I ll be disappointed raised to N
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 18:53   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Tired of seeing the 1.3 DDis and 5 speed gearbox mated to every vehicle Maruti Launches.

If this too comes with that, even in its 90 bhp form, I ll be disappointed raised to N
Couldn't have agreed more, however Maruti isn't going to make any changes to this dependable engine, I was eagerly looking forward to the CVT and looks like that is also a distant dream.
Closed Thread