Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 31st January 2015, 15:00   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
YBA gets rendered, now with spare wheel on tailgate. Design as expected stays close to the New Vitara.
That looks quite good. That slopping door line and that C pillar adds a lot of character into the design.

If the interiors are all black, which I hope it will be, expect to see a lot on claustrophobia from all the reviews once the YBA is out.
Old 31st January 2015, 18:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

The rendering looks good. Hope they will launch it next year. Next year looks interesting with x25 from Hyundai, and SX4 crossover from Maruti.
Old 31st January 2015, 19:38   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Next year looks interesting with x25 from Hyundai, and SX4 crossover from Maruti.
Both the ix25 and S Cross launches are in 2015. S Cross in May and ix 25 in Oct -15.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 22:00   #49
BANNED

Let's not mix these two, ie S-Cross and ix25 with the YBA, YBA is a compact SUV which will rival the EcoSport, whereas the S-Cross and ix25 are larger models, more in line to compete with the Duster-Terrano and the likes.
Old 31st January 2015, 23:20   #50
BHPian

Quote:
YBA gets rendered, now with spare wheel on tailgate. Design as expected stays close to the New Vitara.
Design looks smashing and very competent to take on Ecosport.

But then, how I wish Maruti stays loyal to the concepts / renderings. Usually their production version are well watered down and very less aggressive and poor-lookers compared to the concepts and initial renderings. Case in point: Celerio and Ciaz.
Old 4th February 2015, 21:28   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Reports indicate that the YBA, will be having a 1.3-litre diesel engine, which already powers the Ertiga and the Ciaz.

Quote:
The 1.3-litre Fiat engine (D13A) will produce 90bhp and this will be equivalent to the compact SUV segment, like the Ford Ecosport (89bhp).
YBA is speculated to have the Z+ variant too with screen system with GPS and reverse parking camera as an extra over the Ecosport. The other features on the YBA will be keyless entry, push start-stop, in-dash system with Bluetooth, USB and aux connectivity.
The YBA is based on the Swift platform and is likely to have sporty interiors. There won’t be an all-wheel drive and this will be a two-wheel drive (front wheel drive) compact SUV.

http://motoroctane.com/news/8645-mar...esel-confirmed

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th February 2015 at 21:32.
Old 9th February 2015, 07:43   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the YBA on test, spare tyre on tail gate is visible.

Name:  B9WbAOHCIAEBVmb.png
Views: 4904
Size:  254.9 KB

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...840128/photo/1
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 12:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the YBA on test, spare tyre on tail gate is visible.
Thanks for the pic. But referring the earlier pics, it doesn't look like a spare wheel on tail gate, rather, it is the dummy tail lamps.

Also, if it is a spare wheel, it won't come this much close to the side of the car, imo.
Attached Images

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th February 2015 at 12:39.
Old 9th February 2015, 14:26   #54
@KP
BHPian

Finally, some meaningful competetion to the Ecosport. But why delay the launch? They should launch it before S-cross in my opinion. They already have a utility/wagon type car in the stable. Can't understand their logic
Old 11th February 2015, 13:39   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Finally, some meaningful competetion to the Ecosport. But why delay the launch? They should launch it before S-cross in my opinion. They already have a utility/wagon type car in the stable. Can't understand their logic

S-Cross is a product available off the shelf internationally. They only need to test it for Indian conditions, do required homologations, decide on the features and market positioning needed and launch it.

Whereas YRA is a new car being developed from grounds up. It would require a LOT more testing before being declared as road worthy.

In terms of positioning as well- YRA and S-Cross will be in different segments- the former competing with the Ecosport while the latter would take on the likes of the Renault Duster and Hyundai ix25.
Old 11th February 2015, 13:42   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

In terms of positioning as well- YRA and S-Cross .........
Guess you meant YBA and typed as YRA!

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th February 2015 at 13:43.
Old 11th February 2015, 14:28   #57
BHPian

Looks decent, and if Suzuki packages and prices it well, there is no reason why it should not sell in decent numbers.

Historically, Suzuki was always viewed as a maker of cheap, cheerful & reliable 4x4 runabouts. Even customer acceptance was pretty good, in demanding markets such as UK and Europe for the Jimny series at one point of time.
The Vitara also did not do too badly across the world.

In fact, the present day Maruti Gypsy measures 4010mm, nose to tail, and if Maruti can put in a diesel, the 1.3 MJD diesel already has a north-south installation in the Enjoy MPV, tweak the bumpers, the chances of the Gypsy taking on the Bolero in the hinterlands cannot be ruled out.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 14:51   #58
BHPian

Quote:
In fact, the present day Maruti Gypsy measures 4010mm, nose to tail, and if Maruti can put in a diesel, the 1.3 MJD diesel already has a north-south installation in the Enjoy MPV, tweak the bumpers, the chances of the Gypsy taking on the Bolero in the hinterlands cannot be ruled out.
If they improve the looks and interior too, it can probably sell in the cities too. Reminds me of my childhood when I used to admire my uncle's Gypsy
Old 11th February 2015, 15:02   #59
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
S-Cross is a product available off the shelf internationally. They only need to test it for Indian conditions, do required homologations, decide on the features and market positioning needed and launch it.

Whereas YRA is a new car being developed from grounds up. It would require a LOT more testing before being declared as road worthy.

In terms of positioning as well- YRA and S-Cross will be in different segments- the former competing with the Ecosport while the latter would take on the likes of the Renault Duster and Hyundai ix25.
This brings me to the question - won't the cars eat into each others' market purely based on pricing? I understand they are in different segments with different builds/engines/purposes etc., but somehow I feel that the price range will have an overlap. So, you make a choice of launching one among the two.

No other car manufacturer has launched both cars and a good case in point is Honda not bringing Vezel to India because there is already Mobilio in that price range. Or am I missing something?

Last edited by @KP : 11th February 2015 at 15:15. Reason: Grammar corrections
Old 11th February 2015, 15:47   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess you meant YBA and typed as YRA!
Oh yes! Right. This YRA YBA stuff gets confusing at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
This brings me to the question - won't the cars eat into each others' market purely based on pricing? I understand they are in different segments with different builds/engines/purposes etc., but somehow I feel that the price range will have an overlap. So, you make a choice of launching one among the two.

No other car manufacturer has launched both cars and a good case in point is Honda not bringing Vezel to India because there is already Mobilio in that price range. Or am I missing something?
Yes, they would. Infact, i believe YBA has a better shot at success, positioned against the highly successful Ecosport, which Ford is least interested to sell. Indians demand road presence from their SUVs, and the YBA beats the S-Cross here.

All the more important then that the S-Cross gets here first and establishes itself against the likes of Duster and ix25 before YBA hits the market!

As for the Honda Vezel - it is based on the Honda Jazz, while Mobilio is based on the Brio. It would be tougher for Honda to price Vezel against the crossover competition as compared to a product from the cheap brio platform. Honda is going for maximum profit these days - and I think it is for this reason that they have side stepped Vezel and is working on the Brio based SUV for the Indian market. Expect the same interiors in an SUV soon, with some premium wood finish to add 'class'!
Closed Thread