Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2016, 14:43   #631

Default Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

I think the S-Cross debacle gave seismic shocks to people at Maruti.
They then decided to take the revenge by capturing all the sales across all segments.

First the Baleno and now the Brezza.
Pricing awaited but I think we all know it will be a bumper hit
Roadilicious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:08   #632
BHPian

I have been watching VB for last 1-2 months and checking news daily. I believe that exterior are well laid out.
Exterior looks are always personal likings but VB does not have anything which people will start hating right off the bat.

As far as interior and sheet metal build quality are same or little better than Baleno we have a good package.

In term of pricing i think Maruti should price it something like below (If they want to go less then my estimated Min than they are welcome to do so )

Variant Min Max
Ldi 6.5L 6.99L
Vdi 7.20L 7.70L
Zdi 8.20L 8.70L
Zdi+ 8.99L 9.5L

I have calculated these price based on how S-cross/Baleno variants are spaced out and taken base price based on all the news spreading around.

If Maruti launch the price as mentioned in "Min" than we can expect huge waiting period but this might be wishful thinking. If Maruti price VB more than "Max" than another S-cross story might be on the way. If its more than "Max" than i will go ahead and purchase S-cross rather than VB as except Looks its inferior to S-cross in all areas and looks fade away once initial hype is over and VB is seen frequently.
karansm4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:10   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyKB View Post
I see a disruptive trend developing within the Maruti stable. First they brought back Baleno brand with absolutely no resemblance (direct or indirect). Then came in S-cross which is reminiscent of the SX4 brand but again no resemblance to its predecessor. And now, Brezza which in no way is a descendant of old Vitara. Infact, I remember a similar sort of experiment done with erstwhile Zen.
What is your problem if one version of the car is entirely different from the older version? IF both versions look similar (Eg: WagonR, Swift), then also someone will be there to complain about it, saying it doesn't look anything different!
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:27   #634
BHPian

It's an amazing looking vehicle and will surely be a winner from day one. Long waiting period like Baleno, Creta can be expected. At the same time, Maruti has upped the game by several notches, and the sales of Vitara Breeza will surely effect almost all the cars priced between 6-12 lakhs. People will specific needs such as a sedan will not be affected but any casual or first time buyer will atleast have one look at Breeza. This makes it even harder for companies like Volkswagen, Nissan, Renault to sell their cars.

I am not sure, but I think Maruti Suzuki will loose some sales because they are not launching a petrol engine. Not everybody requires a diesel engine for various reasons

For example - I am in the market for a car currently but my daily running doesn't exceeds 15 kms, so a diesel doesn't makes sense. I have almost finalized the Polo Trendline petrol as my choice. Now if Maruti would have launched a petrol Breeza with a starting price of 6-6.5 lakh, I would have atleast went for a test drive and who knows I would have booked it. But by not offering a petrol motor, Maruti may have missed on the final blow to the competition.
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:36   #635
BHPian

I have had made up my mind that my next car has to be an automatic. But it seems Maruti wants to spoil my plans by forcing me to go ahead and book the bigger Swift, errrr.. Brezza. I am still convincing myself to wait for a couple of months for any birdie to drop the good news that Brezza will be launched in auto as face lift or whatever they call it.
Come on Maruti, if not a launch, at least give us a hope.
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:40   #636
BHPian

Mod Note: Thread closed. Please continue the discussion at this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
It's an amazing looking vehicle and will surely be a winner from day one. Long waiting period like Baleno, Creta can be expected. At the same time, Maruti has upped the game by several notches, and the sales of Vitara Breeza will surely effect almost all the cars priced between 6-12 lakhs. People will specific needs such as a sedan will not be affected but any casual or first time buyer will atleast have one look at Breeza. This makes it even harder for companies like Volkswagen, Nissan, Renault to sell their cars.

I am not sure, but I think Maruti Suzuki will loose some sales because they are not launching a petrol engine. Not everybody requires a diesel engine for various reasons

For example - I am in the market for a car currently but my daily running doesn't exceeds 15 kms, so a diesel doesn't makes sense. I have almost finalized the Polo Trendline petrol as my choice. Now if Maruti would have launched a petrol Breeza with a starting price of 6-6.5 lakh, I would have atleast went for a test drive and who knows I would have booked it. But by not offering a petrol motor, Maruti may have missed on the final blow to the competition.
Why dont you check out Tata Nexon? It looks smoking hot and its available in petrol

Last edited by GTO : 3rd February 2016 at 15:47. Reason: Link to report :)
Closed Thread