Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2014?
Maruti Alto K10 25 1.02%
Datsun Go 12 0.49%
Maruti Celerio 129 5.26%
Tata Zest 962 39.20%
Hyundai Xcent 39 1.59%
Hyundai Elite i20 486 19.80%
Honda Mobilio 57 2.32%
Maruti Ciaz 121 4.93%
Honda City 238 9.70%
Mahindra Scorpio 75 3.06%
Toyota Corolla Altis 54 2.20%
Hyundai Santa Fe 29 1.18%
Audi A3 91 3.71%
Mercedes GLA-Class 45 1.83%
Mini Cooper 21 0.86%
Mercedes C-Class 70 2.85%
Voters: 2454. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26th December 2014, 17:47   #421
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2014. EDIT: Tata Zest it is!

I wish it doesn't go the Nano way. This car deserves to be a success. Congratulations Tata!
Old 26th December 2014, 18:13   #422
BHPian

Congrats, Tata!

I hope they now take customers and customer service seriously and show the same improvement in that area as well.

The entire after service set-up at Tata needs a revamp. Right from their service center infra to the service center staff. I don't think they will be able to do much in that area unless they have a dedicated center for commercial vehicles/taxis and treat the regular customers with a bit more focus. They can take Mahindra as an example where they now have dedicated service center for XUV. Having experience dealing with both Tata and Mahindra, I can clearly see the difference on how Mahindra value the customers and how they make them feel a bit special.

Buying a vehicle is one thing but for me the after sale support/service is important. With the service interval being only 10K KMS for most of the Tata vehicles, people will spend considerable amount of time at the service centers and unless Tata does not improve in that area, there is no way they can hope to improve their brand image.

- Shiva
Old 26th December 2014, 18:40   #423
BHPian

Congratulations to Tata !!! Zest is a departure from the traditional Tata vehicles and lets see them build on its success.

They beat the year's "Goliath" - Elite i20, which itself is a terrific all-rounder. Tata seem to taking steps towards better products and service. Hope they pick up some speed and keep the momentum going. IMO, they need to move fast to cash in on the positive buzz and not let it fizzle.
Old 26th December 2014, 19:28   #424
BHPian

WooHoo!

That was GOOD margin.

Tata has managed to capture the fancy of the masses & the discerning few.

People are interested, curious and somewhat excited too.

But now they must work even HARDER to support such excellent products with good SALES & SERVICE.
Old 26th December 2014, 19:50   #425
BHPian

To me it was the Car when I test drove it! I have over the last few days been chatting with many Zest owners when I come across them. Spoken to some drivers, some owners, all came across as very satisfied customers with the product in terms of performance and ride quality.

I keep repeating this based on my experience with my Club Class Manza, that people are going to be very surprised and have a huge smile come, some 12 months of ownership with the Zest!

More Power to Tata for have once again redefined this class and once again Tata proves without doubt that they provide More Car Per Car!

Taking this opportunity to Wish All at Team-Bhp & their families the very best for the coming New Year and may the cheer of Christmas last through every single day of the 2015!

The very best to the Moderators as well for having spent some much time through the year in keeping the forum moving forward!

Cheers!

Drive Safe! God Bless!

Have a great year ahead!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 19:52   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Garnering nearly 40% of the 2,454 BHPian votes on this thread, the Tata Zest is the Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2014

This is the second time that Tata was won the award; the li'l Nano won our inaugural COTY in 2009.

Here's hoping to see more competent, all-rounded products from Tata.

And for the first time in six years, a car had won the poll that GTO had not voted for.

I'm just hoping my SUV love dies down in a while, so that I can pickup the ZEST....
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 21:13   #427
BHPian

Wow! a great choice by BHPians. Although I voted for Zest, for me, it was a close fight between Zest and Elite i20. I sincerely hope Zest brings in far better numbers for Tata. It surely has cannibalized Manza's sales to a great extent. So, more numbers from Zest would help offset the Manza's fallen sales, till the time Tata does something radically different with Manza.
Old 26th December 2014, 21:19   #428
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to the team that developed the Zest for bagging the coveted award (Though my vote went to the Elite i20), that too beating the nearest rival by more than 100% votes.
Hope that it translates this into sales figures by rendering professional service support.
Old 27th December 2014, 11:09   #429
BHPian

Awesome!! I voted for the Zest cause it was a revolution when associated with the brand Tata! Happy that it won!! Hope to see more Zests on the road.
Old 27th December 2014, 16:03   #430
BHPian

That's a whopping winning margin of approx. 20% by Zest. Congrats to TATA for bringing a thoughtful and VFM product.

I had hoped for much closer fight especially when you have models like Elite i20, City, Celerio, A3 and others which captured the customers' imagination and market share so dominantly.

The runner ups on the podium (Elite i20 and City) have been able to attract customers queueing up their showrooms and sales numbers; while the Zest had though surpassed Amaze in Nov sales, it is still a hard nut to crack the Compact Sedan segment for the originator of this segment and TATA will need to overhaul their strategy for marketing, sales to service to change the customers' mindset.

A step taken towards availability of Zest as personal vehicle only and not catering to Taxi segment is welcome. Ramping up of production and availability of AMT should also help.

Zest with VFM offerings and features unheard in this price bracket and segment truly deserves more efforts and sale numbers to bring cheers to efforts put in by their design and quality department.

Elite i20 and City are growing stronger with each passing day, though they have somewhere lost their few die-hard fans like ones who used to vouch for previous gen i20 safety kits and reliability of previous gen City.

We are surely bound to see a good fight next year too when hoards of C-SUVs, SUVs, Crossovers, MPVs will try to capture the hearts of Billions here in India.
Old 27th December 2014, 18:52   #431
Senior - BHPian

I am smitten by i20 Elite but still voted for Tata Zest mainly due to two reasons.
a) Tata Zest has improvement is phenomenal.
b) i20 Elite has actually reduced many features from the earlier versions but yes its a stunningly beautiful car.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 21:41   #432
BHPian

Congratulations TATA Zest on winning the TEAM-BHP COTY Award 2014!!
Fortunately, this thread helped me in making my purchase decision easy. The best and unbeatable option in the compact sedan segment today!!

I now await my Revotron with a lot of excitement!!
Old 28th December 2014, 16:44   #433
BHPian

Cool Re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2014. EDIT: Tata Zest it is!

Congragulations TATA!

I think the result wasn't a surprise. The Tata people have clearly worked very hard for this and they deserve it. Good styling, great engine with the Revetron concept, amazingly loaded with features and a nice, competitive price tag!

TATA as a brand will definitely benefit from this, I feel

IMHO, Tata now needs to concentrate on its customer and after sales service. Selling a car is one thing, while this is totally a different thing, although equally important! Hope we can expect this much from Tata!

Congragulations once again!
Old 29th December 2014, 11:53   #434
BHPian

Great product from TATA and this indeed is a proud moment. Hoping that this car spells turnaround for Tata sales chart. Hopefully we get more 'complete' cars from TATA henceforth.

Z
Old 29th December 2014, 12:25   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
And for the first time in six years, a car had won the poll that GTO had not voted for.
An coincidentally, this is the first poll where GTO did not vote first, and moreover, waited quite a while before casting his vote. Probably, if he had taken the lead, we might have seen a different result.

This is just an observation, and not intended to take any credit away from the Zest. Incidentally, I voted for the Zest, but I can't claim that I wasn't biased by the current standings at the time I voted.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread