Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd June 2016, 19:38   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: BMW India stops sale of M Peformance Power Kits *EDIT* Power kits are back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
Any indication of the official launch date ?

What parts were changed in the power kit of the e90 320d.
August. In the E90 the intercooler, cooling fan, air ducts, ecu and exhaust was changed.

In the F30 only intercooler and ecu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Man this is tempting. The N57 motor in my X3 30d in stock form itself is quite insane. The power kit claims to take the power figures from 258PS/ 560NM to 285PS/ 600NM. If it includes larger front brakes, should be worth it. I am also very tempted to get the staggered 19" wheels, which I thought I will hold off until next tyre change. If I am getting the power kit, the bigger wheels make a good case for themselves.

This is how the power graph looks, before and after.
Its not there for the X3. They have been supposed to release it for a year, but I don't think anyone has got it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
I'm on the same boat on my next yet to be delivered 530d.
I believe we'll be getting only the ECU and the brakes as we already have the Intercooler.
I'll get the MPPK once launched but I'd suggest stay away from those 19 inches as they can be a pain to drive and maintain in our roads.
You will get the ECU, intercooler and brakes.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: BMW India stops sale of M Peformance Power Kits *EDIT* Power kits are back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Its not there for the X3. They have been supposed to release it for a year, but I don't think anyone has got it yet.
You mean nobody has got it around the world yet? That's a dampener. They've mentioned it in their website though, so we can still keep our hopes up I suppose.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

You will get the ECU, intercooler and brakes.
My bad,
I've been wrongly informed.
I spoke to another dealer today and was told that it's not happening in the near future.
quite different versions from two different dealers.
Is there any way to import it privately?
#enzowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:52   #49
bhp
BHPian

Any updates on this ?

Its august and there is no news of a re-launch yet from BMW India
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2016, 22:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

Were the Power Kits relaunched finally?
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 08:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Were the Power Kits relaunched finally?
No, this is probably due to certain emission issues. Apparently, BMW has to get their models recertified / homologated if they sell officially.

I can recommend using Racechip ultimate with Bluetooth connect from my personal experience, works very well
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote