Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2014, 08:51   #1
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 531 Times
Default Junglee.com introduces Used Car category

BENGALURU: Junglee, Amazon India's price comparison portal, is set to add pre-owned cars and two-wheelers to its list of products, offering consumers in 160 cities across the country a choice of 25,000 vehicles in a move that experts say will boost sales in the segment along with enhancing the e-tailer's portfolio

Link - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/45682675.cms
hothatchaway is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 17:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,705
Thanked: 89,028 Times
Default re: Junglee.com introduces Used Car category

Nice strategy. Junglee has phenomenal traffic and is 2nd only to Olx (among the popular websites with used car listings). Interesting strategy too. While they seem to have a small number of individual listings, a majority are from their partners (Mahindra First Choice, Carwale, Cardekho, Zigwheels, Gaadi etc.).

From the buyer's perspective, it's convenient as he doesn't have to visit 5 - 7 different websites to search for a car. It's all in one browser tab.

This is of course the opposite of OLX's strategy which has direct listings.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 07:33   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Junglee.com introduces Used Car category

Would this lead to something like the recent Deccan Chronicle - Times of India fiasco where TOI copied the DC's classified section to fill pages?

Even if Junglee gets consent from the partner sites, those individual sites would also need to include a clause in their terms and conditions so that the seller agrees to the ad being shown elsewhere.

Since the seller in case of used goods is an individual, they should have the flexibility of choosing where to give their ads as well as where not to give their ads.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 14:37   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,705
Thanked: 89,028 Times
Default Re: Junglee.com introduces Used Car category

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Would this lead to something like the recent Deccan Chronicle - Times of India fiasco where TOI copied the DC's classified section to fill pages?
Not at all. There is an agreement between Junglee and the partner websites.

Quote:
Even if Junglee gets consent from the partner sites, those individual sites would also need to include a clause in their terms and conditions so that the seller agrees to the ad being shown elsewhere.
Pretty sure it's already there.

Quote:
Since the seller in case of used goods is an individual, they should have the flexibility of choosing where to give their ads as well as where not to give their ads.
Honestly, I don't see why any seller wouldn't want their ad on such a high traffic website.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 14:55   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Junglee.com introduces Used Car category

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honestly, I don't see why any seller wouldn't want their ad on such a high traffic website.
Till the product is sold, a high traffic site is a blessing. After that, it is a curse. One of my friends had put an ad in one portal, which got replicated in a few copycat portals automatically. After the requirement was done, he pulled down the ad in the place where he posted. However, he was getting calls even a few months down the line due to these duplicated ads that he didn't have direct control over. He almost changed his cell number to stop these calls.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:32   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default Re: Junglee.com introduces Used Car category

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Till the product is sold, a high traffic site is a blessing. After that, it is a curse. One of my friends had put an ad in one portal, which got replicated in a few copycat portals automatically. After the requirement was done, he pulled down the ad in the place where he posted. However, he was getting calls even a few months down the line due to these duplicated ads that he didn't have direct control over. He almost changed his cell number to stop these calls.
Good to see that your friend's car had such a high demand!!

BTW, which car did he sell?
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:43   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Junglee.com introduces Used Car category

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Good to see that your friend's car had such a high demand!!

BTW, which car did he sell?
It was not an automotive ad. He was selling some of his old furniture and appliances, since he was moving from rented apartment to his newly constructed/purchased apartment. The rates were attractive, since he wanted it cleared before vacating his rented apartment to avoid shifting them to new place. It became even more attractive over time as the market price of some of the home appliances went up in a couple of months.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Junglee prelude to a Sunny New Year - Dandeli & Goa wanderer4x4 Travelogues 11 25th February 2015 22:13
New Entrant into the Car Air Filter Category - PHILIPS thedreamcatcher Modifications & Accessories 2 31st May 2011 12:34
Which car is best at sub 10L category-Need help? Gany What Car? 10 29th July 2009 12:01
New Car Buyer - 5L category risga Introduce yourself 7 16th April 2005 08:15
Best Sedan in 5-6 lakh category? ksil Sedans 33 21st March 2005 10:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks