Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th January 2015, 22:02   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Honda launches new top variants for the Amaze and Brio!

As per Gaadiwaadi, Honda could introduce factory fitted sports kit for Amaze and launch RS variant. Following snap was spied testing in factory. Amaze is a beautiful looking car, all it needs is better interiors.
Attached Images

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 01:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
@ashwin489

In India, we cannot expect a small hatch back to come with a 3.5L turbo engine. All we are going to get are puny .8L, 1L and 1.2L engines; and it makes sense too. We do not have the infrastructure to run high performance cars everyday. The 1.2L engine in Brio is perfectly fine except for a bad low end torque. Come back to reality is all I can say !
Reality is not good enough for everyone . One fine day, when my warranty runs out, I will plonk down a 3L V6 engine (if it fits into the engine bay) or at least a 1.5L ivtec into my brio.

Reality is also not stagnant, which is why we now have the TSi and hopefully 1.5L Jazz in the near future.

Btw, our infrastructure being bad is certainly not the primary reason for our anemic cars. That is because most of us see cars as a device of commute or as a possession to improve societal value. No offense intended; different strokes for different folks. When a lot more people see cars as a performance toy/hobby/passion, we'll see more performance cars.

Sorry for going OT.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 17th January 2015 at 01:20.
ashwin489 is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 02:45   #33
BHPian

Reality is not stagnant. I agree with you. How many years did it take for us to get a TSi ? That is why I mentioned about coming back to reality. Things will definitely happen, but it is going to take time.

And if you observe places where they have bigger engines like the V6 on almost every car on the road, you can see that people drive it not because they are enthusiasts. Percentage of enthusiasts in any country would be a minority just like in India. But many countries have bigger engines to aid faster speeds on the highways. Engines are less stressed when they are big. For example, in the US or AU, typical daily commute may mean 50 to 100 miles and they have roads that take you from one place to the other at 70 - 90mph. That is the main reason they have bigger engines and not because they are all enthusiasts. And their cars are inherently heavier too because of safety norms prevailing. So a bigger engine is a necessity and not a luxury. Things will change in our country too, but will take a lot of time. Till then a Brio with a 1.2L engine is almost perfect for us.

By the way, the idea of a bigger engine in Brio is nice. Swap with a Vtec, the V6 might never fit in.

And no offense taken bro. I got your point. Cheers !
DieselAddikt is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 17:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
...Brio is a reasonably good car to drive. It has a rev happy engine which is a great performer...
+1.

I am not a fast driver still, sometimes on roads like Mumbai Pune Express way, since, the engine is so smooth, I can easily hit rated max speed* (14x km/h) without realizing the engine RPM (~4000) till the ECU kicks in and cuts the speed. I am sure, this motor can easily be taken upwards of 6000 RPM and speeds over 14x km/h (by tweaking ECU) without feeling strained.

I have overtaken cars two segments higher than Brio with ease and can cruise at ~4000 rpm all day, no issues.

-BJ

*PS: True to T-BHP motto, I neither practice nor encourage over speeding on our highways. I am just sharing my experience with this tiny motor. Please drive safe

Last edited by bj96 : 31st January 2015 at 17:18. Reason: typos
bj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 01:15   #35
BHPian

Does anyone know how the touch-screen AVN system fares in terms of speed and accuracy. In Team-BHP Mobilio review, it was pointed that the system was buggy and hung a lot. Has anyone test driven the new model? Or does anyone have experience with how this one is faring in the Mobilio.

Was wondering if Honda will place this one in the new Jazz and offer in City VX model in the near future.
Vigkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 16:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Link to Team-BHP news article

Honda has just launched a new variant of the Amaze that is better suited for CNG use. The new variant is named the Amaze 1.2 S MT Plus and has been priced at Rs 5,99,585/- (ex-Delhi). The factory fit CNG kit is priced at Rs 54,315. Like the regular petrol variants, the S MT Plus will also be powered by Honda's 1.2-liter i-VTEC engine.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 12:41   #37
BHPian

Hello friends,

I booked amaze VX variant today. However the showroom guys mentioned that they have a VX(O) variant readily available. Can you please suggest if the avn unit is worth the extra amount ? Is there any difference in audio quality when compared to a the unit they have in the VX variant ? Also can it play videos ? Speedy answers would be much appreciated as i can alter the booking today itself.
arunmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 13:15   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Hello friends,

I booked amaze VX variant today. However the showroom guys mentioned that they have a VX(O) variant readily available. Can you please suggest if the avn unit is worth the extra amount ? Is there any difference in audio quality when compared to a the unit they have in the VX variant ? Also can it play videos ? Speedy answers would be much appreciated as i can alter the booking today itself.
When they say readily available, it could mean that it has been lying the stockyard for some time. So first thing, ask them to provide the VIN number and check month of manufacture. You don't want a 5-6 month old car.

The initial posts in this thread indicated that the AVN system was a buggy unit. They may have updated it. But see if you can test it out once before confirming. I would not expect major difference in sound quality, but the Navigation and other features would make it worthwhile. It can play videos (I think only when the car is stationary).

Lastly, if it is a couple of month old car, you can try to engotiate and get it closer to the price you are paying for the VX. If it is an older stock they want to get rid off, they will be responsive to negotiation.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 14:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Hello friends,

Apart from the AVN, esnure you get a very good discount. Forum posts seem to suggest discounts in the range of 50+ (cash out, no exchange, loyalty) to 80k (with exchange etc)
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 10:53   #40
BHPian

So first thing, ask them to provide the VIN number and check month of manufacture. You don't want a 5-6 month old car.

Thanks mate. I checked and they said this car was invoiced in April. So decided to go against it.

Checked the demo link provided in Honda's website and it appears to be good. I checked with another dealer to see if this unit can be added as an accessory in a lower variant and they quoted 70,000/- .
arunmichael is offline   Reply With Quote