Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2015, 16:21   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,077
Thanked: 639 Times
Default Re: Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015

Shall remain a specialty vehicle. Maybe more of a vanity van or a high end transporter to-from the airport for foreign visitors to IT companies. And then i see large rich families (Gujju?) who enjoy traveling together getting one of these maybe. Who wants a Force Traveler in their family?

But in that space, this thing probably will remain unbeatable. And if nothing else because except for custom vehicles, there isn't any other option available i guess. I'm not sure its fair to compare it to the Force Traveler. The moment we do, we label it overpriced / flop. And that is like saying that all cars take us from point A to B so should all be priced the same irrespective of who they target and what they offer.
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 14:12   #47
BHPian
 
Senna4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UP16/Gothenburg
Posts: 309
Thanked: 1,023 Times
Default Re: Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015

Already into second half of 2015, launch of Toyota Hiace should be close now. Expectedly, Toyota has started importing units of Hiace. Hiace is powered by a 3-litre diesel engine mated to an automatic gearbox, as reported earlier.

These Hiace have 14-seat configuration, as opposed to 10-seat showcased earlier. It could be to justify the 40L+ price tag.

Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015-untitled.png

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 6th August 2015 at 14:23.
Senna4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 14:32   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
Already into second half of 2015, launch of Toyota Hiace should be close now. Expectedly, Toyota has started importing units of Hiace. Hiace is powered by a 3-litre diesel engine mated to an automatic gearbox, as reported earlier.

These Hiace have 14-seat configuration, as opposed to 10-seat showcased earlier. It could be to justify the 40L+ price tag.

Attachment 1400327
They have imported it even a few days back. So a launch this year is far from reality. Seeing the history of sliding door vehicles anything above 3 Lakhs was a flop. The Evalia was a practical Van and even though the majority of owners are happy about it , it never took off. And just in time when Evalia production has seized Toyota is releasing one. Maybe they had these thoughts earlier, predicting some volume for the Evalia.
Now the scenario is different.
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 14:53   #49
BHPian
 
Senna4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UP16/Gothenburg
Posts: 309
Thanked: 1,023 Times
Default Re: Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
They have imported it even a few days back. So a launch this year is far from reality. Seeing the history of sliding door vehicles anything above 3 Lakhs was a flop. The Evalia was a practical Van and even though the majority of owners are happy about it , it never took off. And just in time when Evalia production has seized Toyota is releasing one. Maybe they had these thoughts earlier, predicting some volume for the Evalia.
Now the scenario is different.
Going little OT here, but sliding doors are a problem limited to personal car buyers. Evalia was marketed to be a personal car (being a Nissan didn't help either) whereas Omni Cargo and Eeco Flexi are successful.

Hiace is targeted towards commercial segment from start. It's failure, if any, would be due to high pricing and not sliding doors.
Senna4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 15:15   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
Going little OT here, but sliding doors are a problem limited to personal car buyers. Evalia was marketed to be a personal car (being a Nissan didn't help either) whereas Omni Cargo and Eeco Flexi are successful.

Hiace is targeted towards commercial segment from start. It's failure, if any, would be due to high pricing and not sliding doors.
True, Nissan targeted the Evalia to private owners. But the dealerships targeted the Taxi /Cab owners as it was doing any good in the private car segment. Dealers were successful in that also. But Omni in any avatar was a running success due to low cost. Maybe the little success that Evalia found in taxi segment would have triggered this launch.
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 08:39   #51
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,004
Thanked: 2,025 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015

Aah.. so the famous Bangkok taxi is making foray into India. I am sure Toyota will outdo themselves and price this cab over their Fortuner at say 35-40 lacs, claiming a luxury limo car.
It will only work if they strip it down and price it to Force traveler level, then it may find sales as office cabs, school buses or some kind of company mass transport. Getting Indians to drive this mini bus as a personal vehicle is difficult.
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 10:57   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 922
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015

In Hiace, I do not find anything that can justify a 40 Lakhs price tag.
Before launch, I think they should at least design new interiors for premium look.
Current interiors (including seats) look like that of Tata Ace (Toyota fans please excuse).

Last edited by jinojohnt : 7th August 2015 at 11:06.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2016, 19:00   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
silverado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai-Pune
Posts: 1,011
Thanked: 635 Times
Default Re: Toyota Hiace to make official entry in 2015

I was going through Changan automobiles thread, realized even they have a HIACE lookalike called G50.

Joylong is another HIACE lookalike which is extensively used in Malaysia.Infact you see moe Joylongs than HIACE.
http://www.joylongvan.com.ph/
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Godfather of all People Carriers - Toyota Hiace (tourister??) Cyrus43 Super-Cars & Imports in India 43 20th June 2017 16:43
Honda Civic Type R: All set for re-entry in 2015 sarathlal The International Automotive Scene 21 3rd June 2015 09:27
2009 make car - Registered as 2010 make? MAS Indian Car Dealerships 16 5th November 2009 10:48
Time to make an entry/intro :) Rossiter Introduce yourself 5 27th April 2009 13:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks