Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th June 2015, 18:34   #46
Default Re: Maharashtra RTO to go agent free - good or bad?

Coincidence? Perhaps not. The agent just called up. My transfer paperwork that was shuttling across various officers for a little over a year and 2 months has been approved today. I would get a paper rc book (nostalgia style) in the next 3 weeks by post.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 18:57   #47

I recently received from MH 01 an RC book for a car that I have been trying to transfer to my name for over 6 months. This was a transfer case from MH 02 and also from corporate to individual. First I was told that the RTO had misplaced the original RC book during all the "no agent" chaos.

Had to get additional papers signed from the company and re-submit as if it was a lost RC book. They took their own sweet time to process the NOC. After that, it was submitted to MH01 and they took the best part of 2 months to issue the RC book. And all this for a car which has had no encumbrance or lien.

The process is just painfully slow here.

b. I have the tax 'pauti' (receipt, as its called in Mumbai ). In case of any pull-ups, will that suffice since I haven't received the registration docs?
Yes. This is what I had to do for many months!

The RC that I received was a printed sheet of paper (narrower and longer than A4), not the old style RC book. First time I have seen something like this.
reverse_gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 12:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Ohh NO!

I recently bought a Padmini S1 from Nasik and agent there yet to apply for NOC (Owner was out of town for few weeks hence process not started. Agent told its mandatory for owner to come to police station with Govt. ID and sign there hence the dependancy)

What am I in for now? I had promised the owner that getting NOC done thought agent will be my responsibility when initially he was apprehensive of out station.

Feeling bad now!
My opinion:
Nothing has changed. Only the agent charges have changed, northwards. When I was in the buying process in Nashik, I was quoted 3-3.5k. Now, I ended up paying 5k
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote