Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th June 2015, 01:17   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep coming. More inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Got this pic over WhatsApp.

The Evo sports the TJet badge and Abarth-ish stripes and Alloys. Also, the 'Fiat' badge has been masked...
The Punto looks smokin hot in black!! And that exhaust is such a freakin turn off! It looks way better integrated in the Avventura.
Old 15th June 2015, 09:59   #317
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!

Add a black linea tjet to the mix and what a troika! That pic just exudes uber coolness. But yes the exhaust tip is such a turn off even on the line tjet :(
Old 15th June 2015, 10:37   #318
Senior - BHPian

whats with the exhaust pipe of the evo? looks like its dangling down due to a broken bracket. a real eye sore.
Old 15th June 2015, 12:19   #319
Senior - BHPian

The black color on Punto looks awesome. But dear Fiat, take out that chrome from the rear fog lamps, please.
Old 15th June 2015, 12:23   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
The black color on Punto looks awesome. But dear Fiat, take out that chrome from the rear fog lamps, please.
Agreed. That chrome strip is such a turn off on what otherwise is quite a stylish looking rear.

Anyways does not matter much since they are hardly going to sell.
Old 15th June 2015, 13:04   #321
Senior - BHPian

Looks Yummy, but with the amount if chrome they have on the car, should have named it Abarth Chrome edition.

I hope this gets launched soon.

--Anoop
Old 15th June 2015, 14:03   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I hope this gets launched soon.

--Anoop
So do I, very very badly. I can live with the horribly sprouting exhaust tip and the chrome, but I can't not have that engine in our next hatch. The Punto Abarth better be here in Aug.
Old 15th June 2015, 15:13   #323
BHPian

Can't FIAT do something for that "sore thumb" like tailpipe for an otherwise well proportionate and great looking hatch. Or is it just me who finds it odd looking?

Also, for how long Fiat wants to stick to those out dated pull type door handles - even Celerio comes with split type door handles now!
Old 15th June 2015, 17:04   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
Also, for how long Fiat wants to stick to those out dated pull type door handles - even Celerio comes with split type door handles now!
I find it interesting that people don't like the pull type handles, including our reviewers. For me the pull type ones are more intuitive and easier to use as all it takes is one pull gesture whereas in the other type one has to push the left half and simultaneously pull the door. Is it just a trend thing or is there a reason for this preference?
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 18:46   #325
BHPian

I think the exhaust has suffered some damage causing the tip to lower down. Most likely will be in the same place as avventura, unless they are having plans of rear bumper modifications. I wish they have dual exhausts instead of reflectors in the rear bumper
Old 15th June 2015, 18:57   #326
BHPian

Can we expect a festive season launch for the Punto T-Jet?

Another think which I am still not able to understand is if we are going to get 2 variants of Punto T-Jet - one ordinary (with a conservative tune, lesser or same as Linea) and one Abarth (with a tune of ~135 bhp). Any idea folks??
Old 15th June 2015, 20:01   #327
BHPian

Default Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that the current fiat lineup feels nothing like the power mentioned on paper. The 90hp punto is frustratingly slow low down and not really great on the top end either. Ditto the linea and the avvy. The Tjet linea again is 'adequate' not exhilarating. The weight reason provided is rubbish. The tune and the gearbox are the culprits.

Yep totally agree. Until and unless the gearbox is changed no tjet can do magic for Fiat. It is very very frustratingly slow low down and loud and noisy at the top.

In fact other forum members report that Evo and avventura are better to drive etc. if that is the case then am not sure why it's not advertised by Fiat? Is that not a good thing to Market? Has this been acknowledged by Fiat that they have tuned the engine for better drivability?

Am not even getting into other things like fit and finish, space etc. vis a vis competition.

Last edited by NFS2024 : 15th June 2015 at 20:04.
NFS2024 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 20:11   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post

Until and unless the gearbox is changed no tjet can do magic for Fiat.
Got this on a WhatsApp group,

"Punto evo tjet due in the next few months. 135bhp. Kerb weight 1110kg. 225/45R17 Pirelli tyres with 17" scorpion claw alloys. Full Leather interiors, all new 6 speed manual gearbox, stiffer suspension setup, all 4 disc brakes."

I can't vouch for the authenticity though.
schakravarthy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 20:12   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I find it interesting that people don't like the pull type handles, including our reviewers. For me the pull type ones are more intuitive and easier to use as all it takes is one pull gesture whereas in the other type one has to push the left half and simultaneously pull the door. Is it just a trend thing or is there a reason for this preference?
+1, I think its more a trend thing. But I prefer the pull type especially in punto where it blends really well with the design.
Old 15th June 2015, 22:00   #330
BHPian

While we have been talking about the BHP figures, does anyone have a clue on the torque figures, the BHP seems to be jacked up from the Linea by ~ 20%, would that be the case for torque, as in 250 odd NM or more ?

Thanks.
Closed Thread