Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd July 2017, 16:27   #421
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars

New Nexa outlet coming up at Allasandra, Yelahanka, north BLR. Looks swanky in a custom-built new building.
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:04   #422
Senior - BHPian

Days of Premium Feature rich cars have come and is here to stay - Maruti Suzuki creates the buzz and the market shifts.
Baleno is a testimony to this and could in coming days dethrone the entry level cars in terms of monthly sales.

Name:  Master.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  119.1 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2017 at 11:12.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:38   #423
BANNED

@Mysticeyes

Your post sum up the actual ground reality very well. Nexa experience (from Booking to Delivery) is more or less same (if not worst) compare to any other dealership.

Car buying experience vastly depends on dealership to dealership basis.

So much effort is given in designing the interiors, keeping that spotless, hiring so many heads to serve water/tea but somehow, they are missing out in the main reason for which a customer is there. That is their car.

I am not bashing or saying serving water or tea is bad. But I see more people employed/present to clean the showroom floor/glasses, serving water/tea compare to people needed to wash the car, clean the interior and making a sweet delivery experience.

Dealerships are paying way more attention to details with their facility aesthetics compare to the car they are selling.

I was offered at-least 15 cups or tea/coffee, 12 bottles of water in 5 dealership visit compare to just 3 proactive offer for test drive in them. In most of the showroom, I found floor moping guys tailing me or other customers to keep the floor shiny where as customers were trying to figure out things on their own.

Most sales executives were only good for pointing towards the car and offering that price list. Entire dealership operation felt like a operation where everyone was busy with a checklist given to them for what to do, and they were just following that check list like machines.

This was regardless of brand or dealership.

Rarely I come across to a showroom or dealership where people personally engage with you, proceed with a friendly chat, discussing your need and build on that relationship.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2017, 19:43   #424
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Nexa venture pays out big time!

While starting Nexa, Maruti set a target to get 15% of the overall volumes by 2018 .
In FY17, Maruti achieved 15% of its total sales in volume terms from Nexa, three years ahead of schedule

Quote:
the production of premium hatchback Baleno has increased from an average of 9,000-9,500 units last fiscal to 16,000 units in the last couple of months. “This year, we should be crossing the mark of 300,000 units for the fiscal year. It is going to be around exceed 20% of the total sales and the number of models available at Nexa has also increased,
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1487
Size:  51.3 KB

link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 08:38   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Rarely I come across to a showroom or dealership where people personally engage with you, proceed with a friendly chat, discussing your need and build on that relationship.
Right now i am having that relationship with my Hyundai folks. Infact the sales advisor has become a family friend and comes to our house with his family for luncheons. Surprisingly with the Tata folks also, even though i did not take Hexa.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 17:53   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

In line with what Volkman said, it Looks like we will see new Nexa showrooms. Some of the initial showrooms are getting too small. I had been to Bangalore's first Nexa showroom @ JP nagar, and they had space just for one Ignis, Baleno and Ciaz. No space for the S-Cross - which was not available for till next week.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 11:03   #427
BHPian

The premiumness is only on advertisements, the fancy name 'Relationship Manager', their blazers, the ipads they carry instead of brochure hard copies and of-course the premium price they charge for everything and the show they do while taking delivery. There is not a single instance of premium or satisfactory post delivery experience.

I own a S-Cross and Ignis. While booking the Ignis in the name of my wife, I had quoted the MyNexa card number and the RM assured me that 1400 referral points would be added to my card. Its 4 months since I bought the Ignis and no referral points are added yet. I made a complaint one month back and nothing happened till now. Last week I emailed another complaint and the Nexa Quality Manager called me after 2 days and said referral points for 1 car is added to my card. Today is the 3rd day after getting the call and points are not added yet.

My S-cross insurance is due for renewal and they made me run around because I wanted to redeem the 1257 points credited at the time of purchase of the S-Cross.

They are charging Rs. 1180 for the Nexa card and nobody at the dealer know about the procedure to use it. Maruti should either train their staff to properly address card related things or they should stop selling the card.
dudevarkey is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 15:26   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
There is not a single instance of premium or satisfactory post delivery experience.
Quote:
Maruti should either train their staff to properly address card related things or they should stop selling the card.
I can understand how you feel.

But the fact of matter is neither Maruti's products nor its strategy for Nexa are at fault. The fault lies with their own territory managers and his/her dealers.

Unless the dealers start to realize and believe in what they are delivering in the name of Nexa, not every customer is going to experience the premium Nexa has to offer.
If only the training was adequately done about the Nexa loyalty card to the staffs you could have had your solution long back.

On a curious note, I doubt if all Nexa dealers or its employees have ever experienced the premium that Nexa has to offer apart from the visuals/audio during their presentation/training sessions.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 17:34   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The premiumness is only on advertisements
Oh definitely yes. See the conversation below in addition to phone calls, which obviously I cannot prove for additional alloy wheel. It's going since Sep 11 & until this minute, I haven't heard from them. It's typical Maruti attitude & premium for the folks working there!!

Name:  Screenshot_201710271731190394372424.png
Views: 290
Size:  258.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_201710271731331235857039.png
Views: 292
Size:  261.9 KB

And his few minutes is not over yet!!
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote