Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th October 2015, 21:29   #46

Default re: Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched

Guess what comes up on the Chevrolet India FB page today.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-screenshot_20151007212612.png  

ashscool is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 07:31   #47
BHPian

Default re: Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashscool View Post
Guess what comes up on the Chevrolet India FB page today.
That teaser pic is actually the Chevy Trailblazer. The high stance, imposing grille and projector lamps all point to the Trailblazer. Plus, it makes sense to use to world "unparalleled" for the SUV than the Spin MPV.
karthick_b is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 09:42   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

The Spin twins will be coming with a 1.5L petrol automatic option producing 109 bhp power and 142 Nm of torque and will get the tiptronic transmission. This is in addition to the 1.3L diesel option, which will put out 75 bhp power and 175 Nm of torque.

While the Spin will be a 7-seater MPV, the Spin Activ will be the compact SUV taking on the Hyundai Creta & the Renault Duster. The Spin twins will have a distinct rear-mounted spare wheel similar to the Fiat Avventura.

Pricing is expected to be in the 9 lakh - 12 lakh range, when it is launched next year.

Quote:
The Chevrolet Spin will be made in India and its base will be shifted to India from Indonesia. The 1.5-litre petrol engine on the Chevrolet Spin will be producing 109bhp and 142Nm of maximum torque. This will come mated to Chevrolet’s tiptronic transmisison. The diesel is a 1.3-litre that churns 75bhp of power and 175Nm of maximum torque.

The Activ version is the SUV package on the Spin. This version is for those who need the space of an MPV, but need an SUV-looking vehicle. Chevrolet will be getting the Spin and the Spin Activ, with an SUV package.
Motor Octane
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 17:19   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

The Chevrolet Spin MPV was caught testing on the Taj Expressway by the Gaadi team.

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspin3.jpg

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspin.jpg

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspin21.jpg

Quote:
Talking about the design, the MPV houses dual front grille, bulgy headlight and well-carved tail lights which seamlessly merge into the boot of the MPV.

On the dimensions front, the MPV stands 4,360mm long, 1,735mm wide and 1,664mm tall with a wheel base of 2,620mm. The ground clearance is 157mm. Specifications are taken from the Chevrolet Spin available in Indonesia as it is most likely to remain the same for the model which will be launched in India.
Gaadi
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 01:00   #50

Here's an update and a few more pictures of the vehicle up close. I was shoo'd off by the car wash company as soon as they saw me with my phone out, but this is worth a look.

- Transmission that I saw was a manual transmission and looked like a petrol variant.

- The center console was flowing all the way from the dash through the floor and high up to support the short gear lever.

- Electronically adjustable rear view mirrors. Fabric bucket seats. Only 2 seats for the last row.

- Excellent ground clearance and an sure contender for the MS Ertiga.

Video -
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-img_20151021_142811.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-img_20151021_142821.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-img_20151021_142831.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-img_20151021_142813.jpg  

ashscool is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 20:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

This one was taking a shower at Whitefield,Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783370037.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783385533.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783400893.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783413496.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783426644.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783440807.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783452949.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783473694.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783487582.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783499989.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783516373.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783528274.jpg  

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-1452783538782.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (16) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 16:42   #52

Cool Spotted in Whitefield, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
This one was taking a shower at Whitefield,Bangalore.
Looks like they have more than one car spending some time in Bangalore. I can tell the white highrise in the background of your photos is "Alpine Viva" on Kadugodi-Hoskote road.

Clicked the below pic myself 2 hours ago near the same car wash in Whitefield, Bangalore - Red GJ 17 numberplate. Had to take the pic from a distance - the attendants shooed me away while I was taking a peek at the interiors from the glass windows. Notice that the camouflage pattern is different.

Name:  IMG_20160118_1433533.jpg
Views: 2131
Size:  99.3 KB

Last edited by Harry Iyer : 18th January 2016 at 17:07.
Harry Iyer is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 14:25   #53
BHPian

The Indian market is now desirous of great looking products at even entry price points and this is likely to be a close to 10L vehicle. I don't think this is going to make any impression unless this is priced significantly lower than competition. In its current avatar, I think this is dead on arrival.

I wish GM would bring the Spin Active and price it at Ertiga levels. That might make a dent in both Ertiga as well as Creta sales - which combine to around 15k per month.

See photos below. At least the interiors need to be upgraded to Active levels. It does not cost much but is the difference between the car finding a home and gathering dust in stockyards - see Mobilio for a real life example.

But GM being GM, they will launch the plain jane variety, price it at market leader levels and then scratch their heads when they sell in double digits.

Spin Active Rear Three Quarter

Even the GP Avventura style spare treatment looks good.

GM Needs the active interior with this large touch screen at the least.
Asifgrkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 15:26   #54
BHPian

Display this at Auto Expo 2016 and launch in 2017...!!! Chevrolet must have gone nuts. This MPV already looks dated for 2016 rather 2015 and by 2017 this would meet the same fate as the Sail twins.

Last edited by Vinodh_Gowda : 20th January 2016 at 15:27.
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 15:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Spotted in Whitefield, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Iyer View Post

Had to take the pic from a distance - the attendants shooed me away while I was taking a peek at the interiors from the glass windows. Notice that the camouflage pattern is different.

Attachment 1462564
Driving a Military Green 1942 GPW helps you see.

I almost sat inside the car and took pics.Nobody even dared to come near me.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 19:10   #56
BHPian

A new car launch and the associated spy pics are supposed to excite the audience.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening in this case.

Another stillborn GM baby!!
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 20:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
A new car launch and the associated spy pics are supposed to excite the audience.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening in this case.

Another stillborn GM baby!!
+1 on this Sir.

After a string of flops,GM still believes that there is something for them in our market.

Waseem......
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 20:15   #58
BHPian

I don't see any cooling coil for the rear AC. Is it elsewhere? Looks like the vents are piped to carry the air from the front. It's not a great set up for an MPV, especially on a hot summer day, the cabin won't be effectively cooled.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:01   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

The Spin MPV has been officially unveiled at the Auto Expo.

To be launched next year with a single 1.3L diesel option.

Front borrows cues from the Beat/Cruze, but the silhouette is very Ertiga-ish:

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspinautoexpo2016frontthreequartersleftside.jpg

...which is more accentuated by this side profile look. Alloy design seems to be inspired from the Swift:

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspinautoexpo2016sideprofile.jpg

Plain looking tail-lamps don't gel well with the flat rear:

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspinautoexpo2016rearthreequarters.jpg

Front seats seem to have adequate bolstering for under-thigh support and sides. Headroom is ample as well:

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspinautoexpo2016frontseats.jpg

Steering wheel is borrowed from the Chevy common parts bin:

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspinautoexpo2016dashboard.jpg

Lack of a big screen display + no Automatic AC option makes this an eyesore:

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspinautoexpo2016centreconsole.jpg

Decent boot space, with the 3rd row up:

Chevrolet Spin MPV caught testing in Gujarat. EDIT: Will NOT be launched-chevroletspinautoexpo2016boot.jpg

IAB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd February 2016 at 16:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2016, 02:58   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

This car looks like a generation old already! I never thought it looked this ugly. Guess the pictures shared were not the same as this version.

I can safely say the fate of this car is already decided.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote