Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 18:44   #286
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

@sameerg I would suggest that you wait for a couple of months when the Hyundai Tucson launches. Might meet the requirements you've pointed out, will also have more features than Jetta and is expected to be similarly priced

Having said that I test drove the highline DSG Jetta sometime back and was super impressed by the car. It reads your mind, handles amazingly well and the ride quality is flawless
epuneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 19:11   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,284
Thanked: 1,206 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by epuneet View Post
@sameerg I would suggest that you wait for a couple of months when the Hyundai Tucson launches. Might meet the requirements you've pointed out, will also have more features than Jetta and is expected to be similarly priced
Quote:
Having said that I test drove the highline DSG Jetta sometime back and was super impressed by the car. It reads your mind, handles amazingly well and the ride quality is flawless
If he wants a good driver's car at the budget, ^^ says it all. Tucson would probably come with the same 1.6 diesel engine.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 07:46   #288
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Tucson would probably come with the same 1.6 diesel engine.
Tucson may also come with a 2.0l CRDI engine based on what I read. But you're right - Jetta may still come out as the better drivers car, it's that good - engine capacity isn't all that matters. I was suggesting an alternative as Hyundai has better after sales service than VW and Tucson may have more features.
epuneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 09:35   #289
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by epuneet View Post
Tucson may also come with a 2.0l CRDI engine based on what I read. But you're right - Jetta may still come out as the better drivers car, it's that good - engine capacity isn't all that matters. I was suggesting an alternative as Hyundai has better after sales service than VW and Tucson may have more features.
It really depends on what you need. If you need a serious driver's car which listens to everything you say, and stays planted to the ground at all times, get the Jetta.

If you need an SUV, tremendous road presence, a slight bit of off-roading, get any SUV you prefer.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 20:57   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,763
Thanked: 10,649 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Jetta facelift 2016 pics surface in China,

Name:  jettachina3700x691.jpg
Views: 1719
Size:  48.6 KB

Quote:
various exterior options in visual, which has been updated. The headlights have lost chamfers and now have extensions near the grid, which has four proposed styles
Name:  jettachina4700x399.jpg
Views: 1704
Size:  26.4 KB

Quote:
The bumper has style more aerodynamic, while the lanterns were completely modified, making a more modern aspect. The official also says that this "GP" version will have a new engine 1.5 16V 110 HP MSI, replacing the previous 1.6 16V MSI. The 1.4 to 90 HP and the 1.4 TSI of 131 HP, offered in the Sport version, will be included.
http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.b...oes-de-visual/
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 22:20   #291
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 185
Thanked: 230 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

The front design looks a bit weird to me. It actually looks like a completely different car from the front and resembles the Passat to some extent.

The rear design looks acceptable. Though the pre-facelift Jetta(2011-2014) had the best looking rear IMO.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 03:34   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,284
Thanked: 1,206 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jetta facelift 2016 pics surface in China,
Whats wrong with the VW designers? They are making it weirder with every facelift, The original MK6 jetta launched still looks the best i feel, Also no facelift of jetta is planned to launch in India in 2016.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 04:16   #293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Hi,

Could someone please help me with the following information:
1. Which is the stock music system on offer with Comfortline? (RCD 320 / RCD 330 / Or the new one with CarPlay, as on HL variant)

2. What should be the minimum discount I should receive on TSI Comfortline variant, in Mumbai?

3. Is VW planning to discontinue Jetta in India?

Thank you in advance!
ashishskapoor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 07:21   #294
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,472
Thanked: 7,746 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Whats wrong with the VW designers? They are making it weirder with every facelift, The original MK6 jetta launched still looks the best i feel, Also no facelift of jetta is planned to launch in India in 2016.
This is most probably for China only. VW sell the cars as per Euro specs and then after a few revisions, let the Chinese designers run riot. You should see what they have done to the original Jetta and Bora

Last edited by ajmat : 27th June 2016 at 13:50.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 12:47   #295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 37
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Checked with the good folks at Volkswagen Delhi West about the new MIB II entertainment system for a possible upgrade to my RCD 320. Apparently it costs INR 1.2 lakh+ taxes! This is crazy pricing.
achyutaghosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 12:59   #296
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 8,024 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Hi,

Could someone please help me with the following information:
1. Which is the stock music system on offer with Comfortline? (RCD 320 / RCD 330 / Or the new one with CarPlay, as on HL variant)

2. What should be the minimum discount I should receive on TSI Comfortline variant, in Mumbai?

3. Is VW planning to discontinue Jetta in India?

Thank you in advance!
1. The Comfortline comes with the MIB II HU. Someone here has an ownership thread on the TDI CL variant - please look up that thread in the initial ownership reviews section.

3. No.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 18:43   #297
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Hi,



Could someone please help me with the following information:

1. Which is the stock music system on offer with Comfortline? (RCD 320 / RCD 330 / Or the new one with CarPlay, as on HL variant)



2. What should be the minimum discount I should receive on TSI Comfortline variant, in Mumbai?



3. Is VW planning to discontinue Jetta in India?



Thank you in advance!

1. CL has the MIB II unit. Check my ownership thread.
2. Couple months back they were giving me at least 80k cash discount.
3. Don't think so. They might discontinue for a while till the new model comes out, but definitely not a complete pull out.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 09:30   #298
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: mum,lko,kolkata
Posts: 530
Thanked: 521 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
.....If you need a serious driver's car which listens to everything you say, and stays planted to the ground at all times, get the Jetta.....
Or the Swift, the Punto Abarth.... They are all nimble & agile as befits many small FWD hot hatches. At a WB of over 2.6 meters, the Jetta would be something of an uncle in the land of teenage hell-raisers. For serious driver's cars you have to raise the bar a good bit higher - and leave out the FWD bit.

Last edited by shashanka : 20th June 2016 at 09:36.
shashanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 10:36   #299
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
the Jetta would be something of an uncle in the land of teenage hell-raisers.
You really have not driven the Jetta for any extended period of time I see?
I've not driven the Abarth Punto, but I have driven the Swift, and I can tell you it does not even hold a candle next to the Jetta.

Also, I am not sure if you talk about the Petrol Swift, or the diesel?
If we indeed are comparing diesels here, then the Swift already feels underpowered compared to the i20, or the Polo GT. Why would you even compare it to the Jetta?
bharat4ever is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 09:58   #300
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: mum,lko,kolkata
Posts: 530
Thanked: 521 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
You really have not driven the Jetta for any extended period of time I see?
I've not driven the Abarth Punto, but I have driven the Swift, and I can tell you it does not even hold a candle next to the Jetta.
Also, I am not sure if you talk about the Petrol Swift, or the diesel?
If we indeed are comparing diesels here, then the Swift already feels underpowered compared to the i20, or the Polo GT. Why would you even compare it to the Jetta?
Ah, well, I haven't driven the Alfa Montreal or the 911 either - but I'm reasonably good at following visuals, or rather videos. And for the same reason, for anything over 4.5 m in length wishing to be taken as a serious drivers car, the first thing to go overboard would be the FWD.

This is an entirely subjective view, and as I always maintain (in something as visceral as automobiles) - to each his own.
shashanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look Jaggu The Indian Car Scene 117 25th November 2016 13:31
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look noopster The Indian Car Scene 977 17th October 2016 23:05
A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift khan_sultan The Indian Car Scene 44 12th June 2016 18:54
2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look FlyingSpur The Indian Car Scene 75 29th January 2016 11:34
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift GTO The Indian Car Scene 255 7th September 2013 22:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks