Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 19:58   #526
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 64
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot View Post
What will be a general opinion from Jetta owners and experts about buying a Jetta HL DSG (Dec 2011) with full service history and 63k on the odo. It came out clean in a service center check-up as well.
Insurance expires towards the end of this month. Tires will need a change soon too.
For 6.5 lac approx, does it sound like a good deal?
I don't want to be pessimistic, but you should also check the following:
* Suspension
* Front-axles
* Brakes
* All electronics/fancy features
* No of Owners ( as suggested already )

I had purchased a Jetta HL DSG (2009) model last year with similar ODO reading and although the car is definitely a pleasure to drive, I had problems come up with:
* Front-suspension
* Rear Shocks
* Front-axles (now being attended to)

These would not typically be major expenses for normal cars, but for German cars, it costs quite a bit. And, I did not do the due diligence, since I was buying from a known party.

Apologies, if I have dampened your spirits
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 20:02   #527
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Hubli
Posts: 165
Thanked: 233 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot View Post
The car is in Delhi.
Is this the Toffee Brown One ?

You're location shows Bangalore, why would you want to get that car from Delhi & use it here ? I am not saying 'Don't Use It', but the local Traffic Police will be targeting cars like these. If you want one, search them here itself. You'll get one for sure.

Also, I checked other cars price in Delhi, all of them are in 9-13 lakhs range. I will recommend Jetta, but I won't recommend the one you have shown interest on. (Sorry for that)
Reason - Low Price = Suspective, Niggles, etc.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 20:29   #528
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Is this the Toffee Brown One ?

You're location shows Bangalore, why would you want to get that car from Delhi & use it here ? I am not saying 'Don't Use It', but the local Traffic Police will be targeting cars like these. If you want one, search them here itself. You'll get one for sure.

Also, I checked other cars price in Delhi, all of them are in 9-13 lakhs range. I will recommend Jetta, but I won't recommend the one you have shown interest on. (Sorry for that)
Reason - Low Price = Suspective, Niggles, etc.

This is a silver color car.
Reason for getting one from Delhi is because I can get it registered in my name in Delhi and then bring it to Bangalore. I was thinking I would have one year from there on to pay the road tax here (that gives me time for the money too )

But I'm leaning towards letting this one go owing to the inputs from trusted advisers here.
FireFoot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 16:22   #529
BHPian
 
Dani7766's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Got a call from Abra motors, Chennai for recall. They told, they'll install a rectifier and do an engine retuning to suit the rectifier. The process would take 3 to 4 hours. Free pick up and drop would be provided. Also, a spare car would be arranged if required. No change in efficiency or performance is what she claimed.
Dani7766 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 18:14   #530
Senior - BHPian
 
RajaTaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tenkasi, TN
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 271 Times
Default

Folks, I would request your advice on DRL bulb for my Jetta Comfotrline. I am fed up with people showing five fingers to alert me that I forgot to switch off a light. Even police do that because it is yellow light. I need white LED. On Amazon I see Generic 1156 LED P21W bulbs available. Are they any good? Will there be Canbus error for such bulbs? Your inputs will be appreciated.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 21:20   #531
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 90
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Folks, I would request your advice on DRL bulb for my Jetta Comfotrline. I am fed up with people showing five fingers to alert me that I forgot to switch off a light. Even police do that because it is yellow light. I need white LED. On Amazon I see Generic 1156 LED P21W bulbs available. Are they any good? Will there be Canbus error for such bulbs? Your inputs will be appreciated.
I came across these Philips Xtreme Vision P21W LED 6000k bulbs.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-White.../dp/B00HWS7TQG

Comments have a picture of one installed in a Jetta as a DRL. The person says they did not trigger any bulb out errors, so I think they are CANBUS error-free.
halfbytecode is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 16:11   #532
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 752
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
I came across these Philips Xtreme Vision P21W LED 6000k bulbs.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-White.../dp/B00HWS7TQG

Comments have a picture of one installed in a Jetta as a DRL. The person says they did not trigger any bulb out errors, so I think they are CANBUS error-free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Folks, I would request your advice on DRL bulb for my Jetta Comfotrline. I am fed up with people showing five fingers to alert me that I forgot to switch off a light. Even police do that because it is yellow light. I need white LED. On Amazon I see Generic 1156 LED P21W bulbs available. Are they any good? Will there be Canbus error for such bulbs? Your inputs will be appreciated.

You could look at these bulbs available on Amazon.com (Link)

These specifically available for the MK6 Jetta.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 17:13   #533
Senior - BHPian
 
RajaTaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tenkasi, TN
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 271 Times
Default

Thank you. I was considering iJDMTOY for sometime against Philips as this is available with Amazon.in. So just ordered 1 set and will post after receipt and installation.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 20:01   #534
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Reconfirming again the current model of VW Jetta has officially been discontinued in India.
Three dealers in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane confirmed this.
One of the dealers said that VW is focusing more on Tiguan now.
ashishskapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look Jaggu The Indian Car Scene 117 25th November 2016 13:31
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look noopster The Indian Car Scene 977 17th October 2016 23:05
A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift khan_sultan The Indian Car Scene 44 12th June 2016 18:54
2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look FlyingSpur The Indian Car Scene 75 29th January 2016 11:34
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift GTO The Indian Car Scene 255 7th September 2013 22:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks