Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd March 2015, 13:29   #46
BANNED

Default Re: Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming

Tata Bolt at Geneva Auto show first look, Seriously it has a killer looks.

https://twitter.com/indianautos/stat...65263352635393
Attached Images

akhil.sharma is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:14   #47
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming

Some more images courtesy IAB:

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportfrontthreequartersrightatthe2015genevamotorshow.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportsideviewatthe2015genevamotorshow.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportdashboardfullviewatthe2015genevamotorshow.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportwheelatthe2015genevamotorshow-1.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportfrontseatsatthe2015genevamotorshow.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportrearseatatthe2015genevamotorshow.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportsunroofatthe2015genevamotorshow.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportsunroofexterioratthe2015genevamotorshow.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming-tataboltsportrearbumperatthe2015genevamotorshow.jpg

17" rims, disc brakes on all 4 wheels, Webasto's sunroof

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd March 2015 at 15:16.
Gannu_1 is offline   (18) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Some more images
Gawd, the Bolt Sport looks smoking hot. I sincerely hope the Bolt Sport does not join the list of many drool-worthy cars that Tata displayed in Geneva over the years without letting them see the light of the day.

If Tata introduces a performance sub-brand and the Bolt Sport (in this Geneva spec and trim) is launched as the first model, they have a great shot at succeeding. If it makes it to our market, the Bolt Sport would be 'the' hot hatch to challenge Polo GT TSI's supremacy. Who would have thought Tata to come up with a model like this?
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

I like everything about this Bolt except the wacky front bumper.

This Tata is indeed a global product. Why do I say that? Apart from aerodynamics and stylish looks, the front bumper is designed to double up as a plough to clear up snow too

Name:  e88700556a255042d97fa5f5dfa68111.jpg
Views: 2180
Size:  114.6 KB

Image taken from google for representation purpose only. Not meant to hurt anyone's sentiments

Last edited by S2!!! : 3rd March 2015 at 15:54.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I
This Tata is indeed a global product. Why do I say that? Apart from aerodynamics and stylish looks, the front bumper is designed to double up as a plough to clear up snow too
Yes, like most sports car around the world this too will be used to clear up snow

Front bumper looks bit awkward because matching treatment is missing in rear bumper! especially when viewed it from side.

Last edited by Latheesh : 3rd March 2015 at 16:09.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:28   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks good from the front, the snowplow treatment included. Liking the aggressive stance. However, the side is just too rounded and the Vista genes are dragging it down in terms of looks.

Have the figures been revealed? Also why is it still branded TATA after all the talks about the performance brand?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:36   #52
Team-BHP Support

Yeeks!

I'm surprised to hear most of the comments for the modified looks are positive.

I'd take a stock Bolt with a neat set of alloys over this any day! In fact these alloys are pretty sweet too. It's the body work i dislike.

The Bolt is a very good looking car on its own, and the bodywork seems to add 200 kgs of visual weight to the car. Looks 100% like an aftermarket job, rather than something from the company.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th March 2015 at 12:17.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Rehaan. I was hoping to see something exciting, something that could be pitched against the Punto Tjet / Polo GT!

Now, I feel, Tata shouldn't waste their resources on this by launching it in the market. Instead they should concentrate on building a better looking car which can hold on its own against the Polos and Puntos. Sports versions can come on top of that but not on this.

Last edited by safari_lover : 3rd March 2015 at 17:39.
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:05   #54
BHPian

+1 Rehaan sir,

Hopefully the Bolt Sport can become a worthy alternative to the VW Polo GT and the upcoming Fiat Punto T-Jet. I do have this question though(Hope it is not silly), can the Bolt's Chassis take power upto 120 BHP?
MadiMaama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:09   #55
BHPian

I like it.

120 bhp engine, stiffer suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS, dual airbags, and 205 mm tyres. This car certainly ticks all the right boxes.

As far as design goes, I don't like what they've done with the front, but the rest of the car looks good, and the red trim in the interiors looks nice as well.

All that's left to see is how it really drives in the real world.
kadanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

Styling inspiration - "Where Eagles Dare" :
Attached Images

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd March 2015 at 20:25.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:48   #57
BHPian

So it turns out to be more of a "Sport" variant of Bolt rather than a new brand/sub-brand.

Look-wise I find it fine other than that weird looking front bumper. I especially like Black interiors with Red accents. I believe, more difference over standard Bolt would be in terms of ride/handling and performance rather than looks.
nug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:07   #58
BHPian

Wink Re: Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming

This car may have 100 good things and 1 awkward looking front bumper.
But everyone seems to be only talking MORE about the bumper.

Honestly, a very good effort from TATA.
The Black interior with red stitching looks just 'awesome'.
The lack of shiny chrome highlights will take care of that nasty reflection.

Hope it sees the light of the day, else this car will be remembered only for the front bumper.

Last edited by RavSam : 3rd March 2015 at 21:08. Reason: Missed few words
RavSam is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2015, 11:58   #59
BHPian

The front surely looks a little over done, but still looks good. If it is trimmed down a little, it'll look great.
Overall design is good. Bolt sport appears to be a great car. But the point is will it ever come to the showrooms?
We've already seen many Indica based low GC, high performance concepts in past.
I wish TATA makes this one a reality. Leave the sub brand behind, and they should promote this under the TATA brand only.
Improve the after sales and they'll do wonders.
I own a Safari Storme, and I can say that their after sales is improving. Their focus in on customer satisfaction. They keep on taking feedback, and even the SA's are keen to hear and resolve the customer's problems. For fellow BHPians living in Delhi, I visit Concorde in I.P Industrial estate.
v_safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2015, 13:08   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How come no one whined about this when VW brought in the Polo GTs? Had VW overhauled their terrible dealerships overnight? Improved their shoddy after-sales service? Or magically fixed the DSG's reliability?
Tata Motors has enough and more technical chops. They don't need any more of it. What they need is a dose of panache, and gumption (I had another word for it, but that does not fit in TBHP's polite company). AND a leader who will "risk some" with a load of the dice or two , backed by his strength of convictions.

One product, the Grand Punto brought Fiat back from the dead. Jobs did it with the original Mac and then iPhone. Tata Motors needs 1-2 such "look-at-me-here-I-am" products. A "me-too" product will not help differentiate you from the rest of the flock.

But if history is an indicator, a "performance Tata" sounds more like an oxymoron. In a great tragedy to Indian automotive scene and industry, I feel they prefer to fade away to history, thinking, hoping, planning, wishing for the best- rather than make a bold move or two.

Note from Support - Special characters removed from post. Please avoid "abusive" words even in passive forms.

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th March 2015 at 15:43.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote