Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th August 2006, 20:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
if she considers safety as not of a prior item, then it is bad, and i'd suggest her to keep praying for not allowing it to go 'sad'.
hope you got my point.
You are getting into the wrong point of discussion, when I said safety was out, I did not mean that it never meant anything to me or her. Safety definitely means a lot to me and I am not buying a vehicle to kill myself, and my entire family. What I am looking for is whether there is anything else apart from safety (frontal/ crumple zones etc) even handling that is to be considered before stopping to think about this vehicle.

Looking at my history of friend involved in accidents and cases of death, I have lost more number of friends and people whom I have heard or know or from the same locality in other vehicles which have the so called crumple zones, frontal safety etc than an Omni. If more peple ahve died in accidents in a Versa/M800/anyother than Omni, can we say that Omni is safer than Versa/M800!, not necessarily.

What I wanted to know is some worse, like may be AC missing or not fitable, somethign wrong with engine or gear box, etc. Something else beyond just only safety!!

But I must again say and thank all of you for your precious comments.
vincentt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2006, 20:35   #32
BHPian

Smile Safety issue .. not pushed out ... Other issued needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
if she considers safety as not of a prior item, then it is bad, and i'd suggest her to keep praying for not allowing it to go 'sad'.
hope you got my point.
Well its not that I have chucked out the safety issue totally. How can I be so mean ... if I am not concerned about safety of my family and mine too. Well I am looking for something more than that!! More than the safety issue, something of the vehicle that is not liked or liked!!

So safety is not out .. but out of the discussion here as that is always an issue. apart from that something else!!
Old 24th August 2006, 20:41   #33
BANNED

you asked for a suggestion and i suggested you the thing.
rest is upto you and your spouse!

everything else is fine with Omni Van. go ahead and buy it.
do post some pics after buying it.

thanks for going thru my not so worth suggestions.
buh-bye!
revharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2006, 11:15   #34
BHPian

Smile

I was talking to my wife, that the posts said, that when travelling in an Omni, we will have to pray. She said that would be excellent, its great to pray and travel!!! I could not ask for anything better.

Anyway I have learnt a good amount and will consider all points made by you'll before taking a final decision.
Old 25th August 2006, 11:34   #35

Hey Vincent,

Although you have closed the discussion however, adding something to it because I missed the thread.

We have an Omni 2001 model. Has done tremendous service to our family and all my family members travel in it. It has the capability to move your house if you want to. the rear seat is very comfy. No car can match the leg room it provides.

As far as saftey is concern the best saftey is in your hands. No car will survive after an accident with a truck or a bus. So, no point in talking about saftey as in saftey measures. The biggest drawback of that car which we felt was the AC. It does not have one also it does not have the provision for the same. Here Versa stands out.

No car can beat the need of a Van when it comes to comfort and family travel for long runs. We did 40000KM in first 6 months in our Van just because it gave us so much space and comfort.

Versa will be a good deal for you if you are not budget constrained and the most important reason is AC and you will need one in the coming future.
wodenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 06:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The biggest drawback of that car which we felt was the AC. It does not have one also it does not have the provision for the same.
It's possible to fit AC on Omni.

Checkout...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-possible.html (AC on Omni - Is it possible ?)
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote