Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd March 2015, 15:08   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

Isn't this just a Tata Aria with front and rear reskinned and plastic cladding all round to look like a SUV?

Not seeing how this can be termed as a concept.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:12   #17
BHPian

Finally Tata is bidding tata to the Christmas-tree lights. For a vehicle of the size of Aria, the christmas-tree lights looked so puny and was so out-of-place.

Hexa looks superb and has the potential to increase the increase revenue for the Tata.

BTW, am I the only one to see a e2o face in the Hexa?
callvvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Until they announce the production of this, it will stay a concept i guess, like the storme ladakh!
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:17   #19
BHPian

Lot of concepts with WOW factor from TML.
The problem is those concepts never come to market.
The Nano Europa , megapixel , nexon(or rexon) etc. all showcased quite a few years ago, haven't really materialized

The Hexa although looks really nice , one really cant say , how relevant it would be to the market at the time of actual launch.

In other words, the HEXA concept though has the WOW factor in it,
might not be too relevant if it comes to the market in 2018-19.

What is more relevant is "When is TATA planning to bring this to the market?"

That Hydroformed Chasis and 2.2L Dicor is gem of a combination.

The Aria was marred by poor pricing and Indica ish looks.

Wtih the Hexa, lets say , they have a chance to rewrite those chapters.

Last edited by madhu33 : 3rd March 2015 at 15:21.
madhu33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:17   #20
Team-BHP Support

At the launch of the Aria, Tata was so convinced that the Aria was a "crossover" and we really didn't see it that way.

This change in styling however really moves it right between MPV and SUV in terms of looks!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yep, it looks cool now. The rear looks very nice compared to the current Aria, which looked quite bland. And, it looks a wee bit more macho from the front.

Question - Will they launch it under a new brand name or as the All New Aria?

Last edited by safari_lover : 3rd March 2015 at 15:28.
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:27   #22
BHPian

First impression - Looks good but not great.
Second thoughts - May be, they could get similar treatment to the Storme

More thoughts - If they could have shortened the length, it would be more proportional. Also if they could have moved away from the slanting design for the last set of windows, it would have been seen as something new and not just a redesigned Aria.
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:29   #23
BHPian

Much better looking Aria (or Tata vehicle).
But frankly, I have lost all hopes on the brand Tata. Going by the trend and time they have taken with Safari -> Storme -> new Storme makeover, this is not going to see the road till my son gets his driving license; and that is still a decade away.

I was driving Indica Xeta happily and niggle free for close to seven years and I would go back to Tata; but for their insanely priced Storme and Aria vis-ŕ-vis value I perceive from these vehicles.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just a one word, Wow

This is a real cool looking SUV. Fantastic, stylish, aggressive, butch looking SUV for sure. Design cues look to be taken from JLR, finally. They must think of launching this in India against the XUV500 in similar price band. That will give Tata some good sales numbers for sure. Give niggle free product from day 1 & you have a winner in hand. Please launch this as it is in India with some sensible pricing and features. I will be really interested to buy one for me. Please Tata, listen to us.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2015 at 12:50. Reason: Typos
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:41   #25
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2015 at 12:51.
Seran Manian is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:51   #26
BHPian

The ride would be bone jarring if the Hexa is offered with 19" rims. I don't think Tata would offer them.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2015 at 12:52. Reason: Quoted post deleted
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:29   #27
BHPian

Finally Tata is getting serious about refreshing their line up. The design looks good from some angles, but am not sure the front and rear are working well together - it almost seems like two different teams designed them.

The Tail light design, while improved significantly over the Aria's, is still fairly old school and already seen on innumerable SUV/MPVs..surely Tata could have done a better job.
Also, am not sure how much of the front end will carry over into production. It looks fairly busy and manufacturing tolerances may mean it wont look as good on the road as it does on the show stand.
Last thing - The external mirror designs look out of place now! an F430 design on a SUV/MPV/Cross over thingy doesn't work for me
prashanthyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:16   #28

According to reports in some online publications and forums, the Hexa is a revamped / facelifted Aria. The vehicle shown in the pics and at the Auto Show seems to be the Top end model. Tata have obviously tried to fix dubious design bits in the Aria and have tried to present it as a vehicle more in line with their pricing for the Aria. If one watches the video closely, it shows that there will be a terrain response feature, obviously the system in use in LR or a development of that.

The leadership at TATA are on the right track. The Zest and Bolt have shown their commitment to better designs and improved quality and integration of technology. If that is anything to go by, the HEXA should represent for now the pinnacle of what they are capable of.

These changes should also try and keep momentum until they launch the two new SUV's that are based on the LR discovery sport, both of which are under development. If they can utilise the advanced tech in the LR platform and bring out world class products in those two SUV's, then the future of TATA as an auto manufacturer should be quite optimistic.

Last edited by Manesh : 3rd March 2015 at 17:42.
Manesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Isn't this just a Tata Aria with front and rear reskinned and plastic cladding all round to look like a SUV?

Exactly, this is just a facelifted aria. Though a good facelift. The headlights belong to aria and have only been given the black treatment. Look at the black piano finish on top of headlights where they meet the bonnet, looks as if the exposed area of headlights was given this treatment so as to accomodate the new clamshell styling of the bonnet.

Though I would welcome such concepts, nice styling and generous use of brushed steel rather than the Chrome inserts. Hence I would give
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manesh View Post
According to reports in some online publications and forums, the Hexa is a revamped / facelifted Aria. The vehicle shown in the pics and at the Auto Show seems to be the Top end model. Tata have obviously tried to fix dubious design bits in the Aria and have tried to present it as a vehicle more in line with their pricing for the Aria. If one watches the video closely, it shows that there will be a terrain response feature, obviously the system in use in LR or a development of that.
You beat me to it. I am surprised none of the publications are showing this off, not even tata. Does it mean its restriced to export models only?

Also this also brings in the question of horrid reliability of LR sourced electricals.

May be its a necessary evil, just like friction.
Attached Images

adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread