Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2015, 17:14   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
I don't think the 3L and 5L will make it into production soon , as they are still in testing phase in the production line , merely 50 engine blocks are made a day .
I may be wrong but a production rate of 50 per day translates into 1000 pieces a month and 12,000 in a year which looks like a gross overkill for mere testing and validation.

Last edited by directinjection : 15th September 2015 at 17:27.
Old 15th September 2015, 18:49   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
154 bhp version, auto, 4X4 - 18L

So, the top version should reach 20L ex-showroom by this logic.
A six speed auto with 4x4 , 154 bhp, terrain response system as shown in the pictures for 18L is a steal. Atleast until XUV auto is launched, Hexa will have a good run in that range. Is there any other 4x4 auto boxes between 10-20L?
Holyghost is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 19:12   #288
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

WOW

Cant believe my eyes. What a beauty.
Obviously if TATA is giving this design with class leading quality & features then I don't expect them to price it lower than the competition.

Please bring in 6 Speed AT.
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 19:43   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
A six speed auto with 4x4 , 154 bhp, terrain response system as shown in the pictures for 18L is a steal. Atleast until XUV auto is launched, Hexa will have a good run in that range. Is there any other 4x4 auto boxes between 10-20L?
One needs to note that the XUV W10 AWD without an AT is already crossing 18L OTR. So if we add an AT to this, then we are looking at 19L+ for the XUV.

Now if Tata go ahead and place the 4x4 Hexa AT above the XUV W10 AWD AT then they make the same mistake that they did for the Aria. And we all know that Aria, when launched, was a much superior product than what was available. And maybe even today it is one of the top products in the market.

But what Tata need to note is that the public should have the confidence in the vehicle and not they themselves. Once they start capturing the market, then gradually launching newer versions and raising the price will make more sense than pricing it above the XUV from day-1.
Old 15th September 2015, 19:52   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Ohh! In LOVE with the face!! I hope they use this face for the next gen Safari!!
Old 15th September 2015, 20:00   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
And we all know that Aria, when launched, was a much superior product than what was available. And maybe even today it is one of the top products in the market.

But sir,with all due respect to your statement,till now almost the customer reviews I have encountered seem to be on the worser side. I haven't seen a single satisfied customer of aria. Even in our own forum,though a rarity,Tata aria ownerships were troublesome and highly dissatisfied. Maybe I can quote an insane guy in a YouTube video racing with an Audi A4 proudly saying about aria's prowess. But even in his case,I don't know how niggle free ownership was.
Just that the aria looks better in paper than all other competition but in real life mostly it has proved to be a headache for owners. An year back,I too was contemplating on buying it especially since the ex showroom price was reduced to 8lakhs but went aghast by the negative reports everywhere.
With this history in mind,they better price it aggressively,market aggressively ,earn a good reputation and then think of increasing the pricing at all.
Old 15th September 2015, 20:07   #292
BHPian

I hope tata does a NEXA for the HEXA (surprisingly rhyming ) as I really feel the dealership experience is sub par.
kvish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 20:58   #293
Senior - BHPian

Looks great front on. Like everyone says, if they can get the pricing right, and I think they will this time around, it will do very well.
2016 just might prove to be the Indian manufacturers' day in the sun.
Old 15th September 2015, 21:17   #294
Senior - BHPian

Looks brilliant! Extremely Happy to know a 6-Speed gearbox will make it to the Hexa!

Having just experienced their lousy (almost cheatful) service at Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle, Bangalore) just today, I don't want them to play the usual VFM pricing game.

They can go ahead & charge the premium that any other brand in the market is charging, but I want a commitment in terms of longer-term warranty.

If they truly make good cars that are being unfairly being left out by potential buyers, why not take the risk of lousy A.S.S. experience post the (3+1) 4 years on their own head ?

If they've sincerely made a good product, and are confident of the A.S.S's competency of providing honest service support, IMO only an exceptional warranty commitment would stand out to convince even a TATA fan like me.

Take it as a challenge, and do it, TATA Motors.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 15th September 2015 at 21:35. Reason: Spelling mistake & added the 'challenge' part
Old 15th September 2015, 21:43   #295
Senior - BHPian

Just back home driving in our new baby Tata -a bright red Bolt amidst lot of looks of admiration. ..from there on the above pictures of the Hexa does impress. Strictly as a design, i would say it has some shortcomings - the transition from the front end to the sides is not that smooth, the grille and front bumper are too "busy " with too many surfaces but overall the vehicle looks sweet. But this vehicle should be on sale RIGHT NOW and not in 2100 Tata !
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 21:45   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Just back home driving in our new baby Tata -a bright red Bolt amidst lot of looks of admiration.
Congrats Narayan on the 2nd TML vehicle.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:16   #297
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
But sir,with all due respect to your statement,till now almost the customer reviews I have encountered seem to be on the worser side. I haven't seen a single satisfied customer of aria. Even in our own forum,though a rarity,Tata aria ownerships were troublesome and highly dissatisfied. Maybe I can quote an insane guy in a YouTube video racing with an Audi A4 proudly saying about aria's prowess. But even in his case,I don't know how niggle free ownership was.
Just that the aria looks better in paper than all other competition but in real life mostly it has proved to be a headache for owners. An year back,I too was contemplating on buying it especially since the ex showroom price was reduced to 8lakhs but went aghast by the negative reports everywhere.
With this history in mind,they better price it aggressively,market aggressively ,earn a good reputation and then think of increasing the pricing at all.
Iam a very happy owner of ARIA Pure PX for the past one year. Had completed 26K in one year including a trip to Leh. Did not face any major problems. The vehicle did not breakdown anywhere in the middle of road till now. My ownership review is in assembly section of this forum. not getting time to modify it as per forum standards.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:24   #298
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't seen a single satisfied customer of aria.
My friend brought an Aria last year. He has already clocked 20000 kms. Apart from minor niggles his ownership experience has been quite excellent. Minor niggles are fine considering its only competition in the true sense i.e. Tata Innova is priced quite high.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:11   #299
Senior - BHPian

^^
I know 2 Aria owners, both vehicles clocked more than 1 lakh KM last time I checked

During our visit to TML, they provided a TATA Aria for our local transportation (base variant), which clocked more than 90K and no issues at all.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:20   #300
BHPian

Quote:
But sir,with all due respect to your statement,till now almost the customer reviews I have encountered seem to be on the worser side. I haven't seen a single satisfied customer of aria. Even in our own forum,though a rarity,Tata aria ownerships were troublesome and highly dissatisfied.
I have seen people badmouthing about something for no particular reason. Perhaps you just ran into someone like that. You will do well not to simply spread such rumors. And until you share the reviews you are talking about, this (what you are saying) can't be taken seriously.
Closed Thread