Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th October 2016, 10:35   #166

Default Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
If that is true, I am happy with my booking, as I have been having afterthoughts regularly regarding my choice of the i20 (active/elite in general) over the baleno mostly related to FE in city.
Yes. Now our i20 Active has crossed 10K kms and FE is consistent as mentioned in my previous post. Wishing you a pleasant buying experience!
muhammedsalimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 14:02   #167
BHPian

The car has arrived, payment formalities completed, car will be going for registration tomorrow. Hoping to bring her home in the weekend. I shall update the thread further once she is home. I wanted to know, has any of the owners put a seat cover? The accessory sales guy was trying to sell me seat covers. But the original ones look too good. What is the durability of the original seats?
arpanjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 20:36   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
The car has arrived
Which dealer? My sister has booked the diesel as well, so wanted to know as to how the deal went.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 22:03   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Which dealer? My sister has booked the diesel as well, so wanted to know as to how the deal went.
Mohan Motor Hyundai APC road near shyambazar
Booking experience was more or less event less because someone in the dealership was a close friend of my brother in-law. As far as the deal went, sadly I wasn't offered much. My previous car was given a good value, higher than market value. Thats it. My knowing an insider helped just till that point. In fact, now I am regretting not having bargained hard.
Day before yesterday I completed all payment procedures, and asked the known guy about accessories that I would be getting free. He just flatly denied promising me anything free. So, there you see the well known fact that till you have not made complete payment, the deal is in your hand, once everything is done, all beneficiary powers of the customers seize to exist. Anyways I don't have too much to complain, just that honoring a verbal promise gives a feel good factor. Maybe I will write about this in the feedback section.
I must mention something, maybe they try to do it with everyone, they tried to make me fill up the feedback form right at the time of booking. The form was delivery feedback. When I said why should I fill up the feedback form when I haven't taken delivery, they immediately understood their foulplay was caught, and asked me to just ignore it and fill it up at the time of delivery. I don't know if they will fake my sign on it and put up their own feedback.

I got a call from Hyundai regarding feedback, I told them, I am yet to receive the car, they said they would call me once I have taken delivery. Overall, I am not very happy with the dealership experience. Just that I got a fair exchange value for my old car.

Last edited by arpanjha : 14th November 2016 at 22:04.
arpanjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 10:22   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
You can change startup volume in the settings menu.
There is no option of setting startup volume in the settings menu.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 18:03   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
There is no option of setting startup volume in the settings menu.
The option is very much there but for some reason it isn't working. I'm certain that it used to work, probably up to when the HU was last updated by the service centre.

I hope and wish Hyundai sorts this unit once and for all.

Will get the unit and maps updated on my next visit for the 20k service.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-1480508907921.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-1480508923950.jpg  

harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote