Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th June 2017, 01:29   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Ok, so
- The talk of 11% performance increase with improved gear-ratios is just their marketing gimmick?
- Does one sit higher in i20 active as compared to elite i20?
In all probability it isn't but having not driven an Elite as extensively, not in a position to comment. Did feel a slight difference during the test drives from what I remember.

Drive both and check..

It's just a 2 cm difference but was instantly felt by an acquaintance that drives the Asta.

Last edited by harsh79 : 6th June 2017 at 01:30.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 20:57   #182
BHPian

Today I almost finalized on i20 Active petrol, but multiple reviews on FE pushed me to cancel my decision. The salesperson said the FE is 15 KMPL with AC in city. But how can a 1.4 tonne car with 1.2 liter engine give this number with AC on? Reviews give pretty bad picture. None of the reviews talk about more than 10-11KMPL.
Coming to my question. Is it worth to spend 9lacs odd on i20 Active S petrol variant? This car may not be driven on daily basis and sometimes even weekly basis from my side. Monthly run will be hardly 200KM on average.
I was thinking on new upcoming Swift but got fascinated by the looks of i20 Active. Any help is highly appreciated since going for i20 diesel variant is illogical.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:02   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Today I almost finalized on i20 Active petrol, but multiple reviews on FE pushed me to cancel my decision. The salesperson said the FE is 15 KMPL with AC in city. But how can a 1.4 tonne car with 1.2 liter engine give this number with AC on? Reviews give pretty bad picture. None of the reviews talk about more than 10-11KMPL.
Coming to my question. Is it worth to spend 9lacs odd on i20 Active S petrol variant? .
15 kmpl ? Not at all possible, infact 13 kmpl will be hard to get.

I have Diesel i20 & I get 12 kmpl with AC. My Tiago Diesel returns 14.5 kmpl with AC.

S Variant is decently packed with features, but for less money, you can get Baleno Alpha which is way better & much more spacious. I would get that instead of this i20 Petrol. Just my opinion.

If you need any clarification regarding both i20 & Baleno, PM me.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 09:29   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to my question. Is it worth to spend 9lacs odd on i20 Active S petrol variant? This car may not be driven on daily basis and sometimes even weekly basis from my side. Monthly run will be hardly 200KM on average.
I was thinking on new upcoming Swift but got fascinated by the looks of i20 Active. Any help is highly appreciated since going for i20 diesel variant is illogical.
I am presently driving an i20 Active S petrol, bought in November 2016, and as per FE is concerned, 15 with ac is a stretch, although you can reach that figure on highway cruising without much spirited driving, 11-12 is a realistic figure which I have been getting more or less in busy city traffic with the AC on and sedate driving. It's a good car, spacious and better planted on the road compared to baleno. But the baleno offers you a better ICE with apple car play and Android auto supported HU which I sorely miss on my i20, not sure if the present generation i20 SX is coming with it or not.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 11:52   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
It's a good car, spacious and better planted on the road compared to baleno. But the baleno offers you a better ICE with apple car play and Android auto supported HU which I sorely miss on my i20, not sure if the present generation i20 SX is coming with it or not.
Indeed it is a very good car and was about to finalize the deal on Sunday. I am not going to take it on highways much since it is mainly for my wife. I have an ertiga for a real long distance drives.
I am not a fan for hi-fi features since that will be seldom used. I am looking for a stable and solid car, 90% for city and sometimes on highways. I am again (that's what is going on for some time now) confused on selection for a proper car for my wife. Driving a Santro for last 4+ years and was looking to upgrade to another bigger Hyundai. i20 elite is ruled out due to low GC for Bangalore.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 12:07   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Driving a Santro for last 4+ years and was looking to upgrade to another bigger Hyundai. i20 elite is ruled out due to low GC for Bangalore.
If ground clearance is your criteria then you can indeed look forward to it, since it is significantly better than both the elite and the baleno, solid and quite stable too.
arpanjha is offline   Reply With Quote