Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 20th September 2012, 15:27   #31
Default Re: Cars may soon come with telltale black boxes

Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
While this sounds good on paper as we have one of the highest %age of road accidents in the world, I have some queries for Mr Joshi:
why should a consumer bear it?
why is the minister forcing this on all vehicles?
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
This makes no sense for India, because 99% percent of the times, the accident site clearly reveals what went wrong and how it could have been avoided!
Very true.
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Instead of that black box, why not make ABS and Airbags mandatory. Now who will bell the cat?
Guys, don't stress your brain much. The point here is to find innovative ways to pass some bla bla budget worth X thousands crore for the road safety of the citizen! (I often wonder in which part of our country, City bus drivers wear seat-belts?, okay, the very basic question do they have it?)
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 14:05   #32
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Black Box for Automobiles

As per the news article black boxes may be mandatory in all vehicles sold in USA from 2014. Currently 96% of new vehicles sold there had black boxes it seems - Blackbox in US
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote