Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 09:13   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,046 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
oncars says the facelift is only a top variant with no changes to the existing models.

SOURCE
All dealers are telling the same story. But if you read the article the editor does not know if XUV is an SUV or MPV. He has mentioned it as MPV there.

Coming to the facelifted version I don't think Mahindra can afford separate designs for different versions of same car. IMO it will be facelifted across all versions, at least the exteriors.
fusionbang is offline  
Old 18th May 2015, 09:29   #152
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
oncars says the facelift is only a top variant with no changes to the existing models.

SOURCE
If that was the case, there would be no discounts on the current models. But close to 80K discounts are available even without bargaining.
adentist is offline  
Old 18th May 2015, 09:44   #153
BHPian
 
Prash22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: KA-41/KA-12
Posts: 91
Thanked: 89 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Coming to the facelifted version I don't think Mahindra can afford separate designs for different versions of same car. IMO it will be facelifted across all versions, at least the exteriors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
If that was the case, there would be no discounts on the current models. But close to 80K discounts are available even without bargaining.
The media is just speculating is my guess. It makes more sense to have a facelift across all variants with no changes going in the last 4 years.
Prash22 is offline  
Old 18th May 2015, 13:32   #154
BHPian
 
sudeep.pandya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chhindwara(M.P)
Posts: 183
Thanked: 299 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Wish they have sorted the below issues-

1. Gearbox slotting quality
2. Low speed ride quality
3. Middle bench slide option
4. A low ratio 1st gear for AWD (am I asking too much?)
5. Rattle free body with german like build quality

If the above issues are fixed, it would be a mechanically sorted vehicle.
sudeep.pandya is offline  
Old 18th May 2015, 14:41   #155
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Wish they have sorted the below issues-

1. Gearbox slotting quality
2. Low speed ride quality
3. Middle bench slide option
4. A low ratio 1st gear for AWD (am I asking too much?)
5. Rattle free body with german like build quality

If the above issues are fixed, it would be a mechanically sorted vehicle.
First 4 of your options can be expected/possible, but i highly doubt the 5th one
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 08:15   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,046 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Heard from my sales executive that the facelifted model would cost 1.75 lac more than the current version which will be christened as W10 with 13 features updated. We will get to know once the facelifted version is launched.

By the way, will be taking my Silver cougar tomorrow friends. Can't wait for that moment
fusionbang is offline  
Old 19th May 2015, 09:11   #157
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 446
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Heard from my sales executive that the facelifted model would cost 1.75 lac more than the current version which will be christened as W10 with 13 features updated.
Did he mean that the old and new models would be sold together ? It is next to impossible. Mahindra is no Tata. Even Tata will not do that for sure. He is just bluffing. And the possibility of W10 being 1.75L more expensive than W8 is also hard to believe. What will they introduce in terms of features to command such a premium ??

Congratulations on the new car Sirji ! Have fun with it. :thumbup:

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 19th May 2015 at 09:14.
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 09:42   #158
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 4,808 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Expect few feature increase as per my experience with my S10 here
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 09:57   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,046 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Did he mean that the old and new models would be sold together ? It is next to impossible. Mahindra is no Tata. Even Tata will not do that for sure. He is just bluffing. And the possibility of W10 being 1.75L more expensive than W8 is also hard to believe. What will they introduce in terms of features to command such a premium ??

Congratulations on the new car Sirji ! Have fun with it. :thumbup:
Thank you so much for the wishes DieselAddikt

No he dint mean the old models will sell along with it, but the design will be facelifted across all models.

As per our previous observations and discussions from spy shots, we might have the below features:

1. New headlamp unit
2. New fog lamp housing
3. New Bonnet with Hydraulic struts
4. New Alloy Wheels
5. New Rear Number plate applique
6. New Door trim handles
7. New Speedometer cowl
8. New Infotainment (probably similar to Scorpio with larger screen and as Sheel mentioned in his thread)
9. New Interior color combination ( Black and Beige)

They might include the below as well ( just my guess from the Xclusive edition)

10. Sunroof
11. Electrically adjustable seats
12 & 13. Might be some cosmetic upgrades.

We will not be sure until the new version is launched and see it in person. And we can expect the 1.75lac difference as, we had almost a lac difference when Xclusive edition was launched and compared it with W8.

Let's wait and see
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 22:16   #160
BHPian
 
ankit_chd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 262
Thanked: 28 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

I went to Mahindra showroom today as I plan to buy XUV. The sales guy said that new model will be launched by August. HE offered me 40k cash discount on current model.
ankit_chd is offline  
Old 19th May 2015, 23:18   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
I went to Mahindra showroom today as I plan to buy XUV. The sales guy said that new model will be launched by August. HE offered me 40k cash discount on current model.

Never trust the sales guys blindly, they might provide wrong details about the facelift just so that youll go for the current model, also 40k seems to be just okay try to squeeze them even further.
Tanveer_2558 is online now  
Old 20th May 2015, 00:14   #162
BHPian
 
Singh09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 89
Thanked: 88 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
I went to Mahindra showroom today as I plan to buy XUV. The sales guy said that new model will be launched by August. HE offered me 40k cash discount on current model.
40K..Today while I was driving back from my office I was listening radio and there was this ad on air which said discounts upto Rs. 1,20,000/- on the XUV. Don't know much about it so far but I'll see if that ad comes up again, I'll try to get more details. And if I have time tomorrow then I'll go ahead and visit a Mahindra dealer.

Last edited by ampere : 20th May 2015 at 00:28. Reason: Fixed minor typos
Singh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 10:56   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,164
Thanked: 464 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Just a query. Can all the discussion about existing XUV5OO, offers, accessories prices, etc. not be taken to the official XUV5OO review thread (since they are all about the existing model)? This thread is for pics/discussion of the face lift version, but little of that can be seen here, at least over the last 4 pages.

Last edited by k_ajay : 20th May 2015 at 10:59.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 14:48   #164
BHPian
 
Prash22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: KA-41/KA-12
Posts: 91
Thanked: 89 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

A LHD base variant of XUV500 was spotted testing as captured by spy shots from Motorbeam. It speculates a new base variant that might be in offering.
The other interesting bit, the article mentions about a 2016 facelift M&M is getting ready with. Why would the facelift be labelled 2016 and not 2015?

SOURCE
Prash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 19:13   #165
BHPian
 
ankit_chd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 262
Thanked: 28 Times
Default re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Never trust the sales guys blindly, they might provide wrong details about the facelift just so that youll go for the current model, also 40k seems to be just okay try to squeeze them even further.
I was not very interested to buy current model when facelift is coming in a weeks time. I didn't push the sales guy much though I told him I know that training were going on for newer model so that means its launch is very close. I will grill him once i see the new model.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
40K..Today while I was driving back from my office I was listening radio and there was this ad on air which said discounts upto Rs. 1,20,000/- on the XUV. Don't know much about it so far but I'll see if that ad comes up again, I'll try to get more details. And if I have time tomorrow then I'll go ahead and visit a Mahindra dealer.
1,20,000 sounds tempting honestly. Please keep me posted if you come across the ad again.

Last edited by ankit_chd : 20th May 2015 at 19:16.
ankit_chd is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 189 27th November 2014 15:51
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs himanshugoswami The Indian Car Scene 1108 30th October 2014 13:48
Scoop shots: 2011 Honda Accord Facelift. EDIT : Now launched! sidindica The Indian Car Scene 51 23rd February 2011 16:31
2010 BMW X5 Facelift Spy Shots AyAn! The International Automotive Scene 0 12th September 2009 01:22
Spy shots of the suzuki Kizashi revealed! pradster The International Automotive Scene 2 5th June 2009 12:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks