Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd August 2006, 00:36   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Porsche showroom in Mumbai

hey guys,
Was driving to work this morning when i saw a billboard of Porsche hung at a showroom under renovation, which surely implied the opening of the premises as a Porsche showroom.
The place is just when you come down the kemps corner flyover if you're headed towards town, right next to the Snghi Maruti dealership.
Same place i think was a showroom for used imported cars ages back, have seen shutters down since more than a couple of years now.
Lot of motivation on my way to work now, almost all the brand showrooms that one can think of, Merc, Audi, Rolls, GM, one more of merc , Porsche now and a whole lot of maruti, hero honda and other Indian manafacturers.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 01:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. Nice. There was news some time ago that Porsche was going to bring in bigger dedicated showrooms. If I'm not wrong, Shreyans motors are the authorised importers for Mumbai now. Perhaps they're expanding. Don't remember the exact details from the news.
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 09:47   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, sure is an eye-catching billboard eh? Where do we sign up for testdrives?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 09:56   #4
BANNED

MA(n)SON.. you beat me to it.. I was just going to start a thread about this..
It sure is going to be nice driving to work everyday, coming down from the Peddar Road fly over and looking on the left, seeing all these beauties there... aah.. what a PERFECT start to the day... can't wait for it to open!
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

It is good news and would make for a more interesting commute. But, I really hope they have a better showroom that the sad looking Rolls Royce one at Atria mall. That solitary Phantom sitting in a stark room looks terrible.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:32   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I really hope they have a better showroom that the sad looking Rolls Royce one at Atria mall. That solitary Phantom sitting in a stark room looks terrible.
haha I guess that kind of showroom appeals to the DRAB car buyer that goes to buy the most expensive hearse on the road!
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:43   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Isnt the Porsche showroom at the same place as the State Trading Corporation outlet used to be? They used to have a wide array of imported cars. Whatever happened to them?
Old 22nd August 2006, 11:00   #8
BHPian

Yeah thats less than 1/2 a km away for me.......surely a visual treat each time I step out....

Next venue for the t-bhp meet?
autozealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 23:53   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Isnt the Porsche showroom at the same place as the State Trading Corporation outlet used to be? They used to have a wide array of imported cars. Whatever happened to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

Same place i think was a showroom for used imported cars ages back, have seen shutters down since more than a couple of years now.
seriously whatever happened to them, remember seeing it open once in a year with an old white honda parked inside.

btw, that rolls showroom looks even more stupid when the rolls is not around once in a while.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 22nd August 2006 at 23:54.
Old 23rd August 2006, 00:20   #10
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
btw, that rolls showroom looks even more stupid when the rolls is not around once in a while.
Yes it looks like some IBM Solutions Ad.
You see a desk and a telephone.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2006, 01:00   #11
Team-BHP Support

A certain mod is surely missing out on something. lets wait for him to get hold of this thread, ssshhhhh guys!!

manson.
Old 23rd August 2006, 03:53   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I was told that porsche is currently operating their showroom from Oberio towers(Hilton now) at marine drive.
They are offering test drives to intrested clients, i had called to enquire for the pricelist and the guy offered to send a Cayenne S to me for a test drive. I havent really taken him up on that offer as yet but the Cayenne_S is the only one they have for test drive at the moment.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2006, 09:47   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was told that porsche is currently operating their showroom from Oberio towers(Hilton now) at marine drive.
Its not a showroom, just a silly two room office.