Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes Only for routine services 24 8.45%
Yes For routine services + replacements 232 81.69%
No 28 9.86%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd July 2017, 23:39   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Bumping up a really old thread!

From the limited research I did on TeamBHP regarding ISA Valve (aka Idle Speed Actuator Valve, Idle Air Control Valve etc.), I came to the conclusion that it is an irritant in many Hyundai cars.

My posts in other threads regarding the valve in other threads:

A fellow BHPian had started a thread on the same issue, which never took off.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...sa-santro.html (Puzzling (and expensive) problem with Idle Speed ISA in Santro)

So finally after almost a year and a half of irregular idling and the AC compressor cutting off at idling speeds, decided to bite the bullet and get the valve replaced. Seeing my reluctance, my SA at Hyundai A$S offered to replace my ISA valve with a random Santro's valve for demo purpose. Once the valve was replaced, idling was smooth and AC was cooling flawlessly!

I've been quoted 10,700/- for the valve which according to me is steep, but in accordance with what others have reported. Guess it's part of the price one has to pay for maintaining a nearly 12 year old car!
Some pics I clicked:

The loaner valve used for testing purpose:

Attachment 1639132

My busted valve! Was fixed with Mseal in December 2015 when I had deferred changing the valve:

Attachment 1639133

Attachment 1639134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
My ISA Valve story took an unexpected turn 2 days after I paid an advance of 2k for the 11k valve at the Hyundai A$S. I was just looking at the pics I'd clicked, and found a part number on the loaner valve (refer above post). I did a casual Google search and I was surprised to find the part available on an Indian website for a little over 5k! Did some further Googling and found this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IDLE...311.0.0.elCLcI

For less that INR 1,000/- that was a bargain I wasn't willing to let go. Ordered it instantly, and cancelled the request at the A$S, who refunded my advance without too much of a hassle. The part arrived in less than 20 days, and I got it fixed at a local garage in 20 minutes flat and gave the mechanic 200/- for labour!

The "AC cutting off at idling" issue was immediately sorted out. The irregular idling persisted for 2-3 days, but settled down by itself. Hence, I sorted out the Hyundai ISA Valve issue in my 12 year old Xing for ~1,200/- bucks! Not sure how long the new valve will last, but at a tenth of the cost of the OEM valve, that is a risk I'm willing to take!
My first online car part shopping success story!
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 00:09   #122
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Voted for, NO!

Regardless of what spare part, The amount of replica's in the market these days, I will never take a chance to order any part online, I one of those guys who will pay a bit more but would like to be 100% sure that any part being used in my car is totally genuine.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote