Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th April 2015, 20:55   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Honda launches City VX(O) with AVN system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Wow! It seems like Honda is determined to hand the market over to Ciaz on a golden platter. This 'addition' is something that the car should've come pre-equipped with, especially at that price point.

Funny logic this, omit something essential at the time of launch, add it later in the product's life-cycle and charge extra for it
Hey Cartman, I guess it is too optimistic to assume that Honda introducing VX(O) will push the whole market to Ciaz. If you notice, this is a new variant altogether and Honda has not eliminated any existing variant for this. So the customers who want SV or V or VX can always go to these variants. Only if they want the AVN, they will opt for VX(O). Honda is merely giving an additional choice.

To think of it, even Ciaz has a variant ZXi+ and ZDi+ with AVN as the only additional feature. Even that variant was launched a couple of months after the official launch. Probably City is also trying to follow the same route but is a bit too late.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2015, 11:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
If you notice, this is a new variant altogether and Honda has not eliminated any existing variant for this. So the customers who want SV or V or VX can always go to these variants. Only if they want the AVN, they will opt for VX(O). Honda is merely giving an additional choice.

If you read my post properly, you'd notice that I never said that Honda has eliminated anything from the existing variant for this.

The 'additional choice' that Honda is merely giving should have been included in the package to begin with.

The City is a brilliant car and has been the go-to choice for someone hunting for a car in that bracket. It seemed to tick all the boxes. Not anymore I think. Again, this isn't solely based on the AVN system; but they seem to have cheapened out to keep the City at that price point. I love the value that Ciaz offeres.

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2015, 12:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
If you read my post properly, you'd notice that I never said that Honda has eliminated anything from the existing variant for this.
Yes Cartman, I never quoted you saying "Honda has eliminated anything from the existing variant". And if you read my post carefully, I was just mentioning that VX(O) is a new variant and Honda has not removed any existing variants or added the AVN to the existing variants to increase the price - I repeat, I was not even talking about removing features from existing variant. VX(O) is a totally new and independent variant exactly like how ZXi+ is for Ciaz.

Quote:
Wow! It seems like Honda is determined to hand the market over to Ciaz on a golden platter.
I was only commenting on your above statement. Nothing is going to change for City or Ciaz due to this addition. Only thing it can probably do is to confuse some customers. There will a at least some people who want factory fitted AVN and also loved City and Ciaz equally. They would chose Ciaz Z+ because it offered AVN. Now they have that option in City VX(O) and they will think twice before choosing one. That is why I am not sure how addition of VX(O) is going to hand the market over to Ciaz on a golden platter

Quote:
The 'additional choice' that Honda is merely giving should have been included in the package to begin with.
Quote:
This 'addition' is something that the car should've come pre-equipped with, especially at that price point.

Funny logic this, omit something essential at the time of launch, add it later in the product's life-cycle and charge extra for it!
I am not interested in a brand war. But don't you think most brands do exactly the same funny thing? - Launch cars with some features missing and later add them to existing variants or add a new variant as a mid-life face-lift. Didn't Maruti do it for Ciaz by adding ZXi+ a couple of months later?? I agree they had this variant in pipeline right from the beginning, but they did not launch it on Day 1, they did it after 2 months. Honda is doing it after 1.5 years. That is all. They developed an AVN system, implemented it in Mobilio first and slowly deployed it in Brio, Amaze and now City. I don't see anything wrong here.

Quote:
The City is a brilliant car and has been the go-to choice for someone hunting for a car in that bracket. It seemed to tick all the boxes. Not anymore I think. Again, this isn't solely based on the AVN system; but they seem to have cheapened out to keep the City at that price point. I love the value that Ciaz offeres.
Quality is something that you never mentioned in the previous post. Yes I agree, quality of this gen City is not all that great and Ciaz wins here. You love the value Ciaz offers, but the market seems to differ with you here. People see something in City for the price that probably you and me don't see.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 13:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Are u sure that VX O has been launched only in manual transmission? I am in market for a automatic sedan, would love to look at this option if available in auto.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 14:44   #20
BHPian

I went to Delight Honda, Faridabad and he was ready to offer this new AVN system for INR49000. He was also ready to provide me a Free Camera attachment with this AVN system. To me the price 49999 looks very steep. Does anybody has any idea about any other market options? Which would be the best fit?
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote