Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th April 2015, 22:01   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Camry facelift spied in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Why is this way too different from American counterpart?
Both Camrys belong to the same generation i.e XV50. The Corolla and Camry possibly sell in huge volumes in the States and thus a facelift might have been due in that market.

Found this nifty little video that illustrates the difference.

What we're getting is the Russian spec Camry (well, atleast that's what it looks like prima facie)

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2015, 21:08   #17
PCS
BHPian

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...mry/index.aspx

Toyota bharat website updated with camry teaser... Launch tomorrow

As per dealer the gasoline will get top specs of hybrid which was lacking till now ... Apart from exterior changes
PCS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 12:43   #18
BHPian

Post Re: Toyota Camry facelift spied in India

2015 Camry Hybrid has been launched @ Rs 31.92 lakhs Ex-Delhi.

The regular petrol Camry will available @ Rs. 28.8 Lakhs Ex-Delhi.

Name:  ToyotaCamryHybrid201511.jpg
Views: 1962
Size:  173.0 KB

Source:

http://overdrive.in/news/2015-toyota...rs-31-92-lakh/

Last edited by neeld : 30th April 2015 at 12:45. Reason: Correction
neeld is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 13:47   #19
BHPian

While the old car looked classier IMHO,

Toyota has really upgraded the facelift with the most vital equipment. The Camry now comes with 7 airbags as standard in both the variants.
Yeldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 16:42   #20
Team-BHP Support

The Hybrid price has gone up by 2 lakhs vs the launch price in 2013. What's even more surprising is that the regular Camry is now 5 lakhs more than the launch price in 2012!!

I hope they added a lot of features in the regular one to justify the 5 lakhs jump in price.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 17:59   #21
D4D
BHPian

Finally the safety kit is matching the expectation of the segment.

But with the price just shooting up, and no diesel engine, the Camry will not be considered by most buyers. Priced well, it will sell in decent numbers as the price gap between petrol and diesel is narrowing.

A well priced hybrid unit is all that it needs to sell the car. Good FE on a petrol car will make a lot of people take notice.

Last edited by D4D : 30th April 2015 at 18:02.
D4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 18:44   #22
BHPian

What is wrong with Toyota!?
The car looks horrendous with those updates. The prices have gone up despite the fact that Hybrid vehicles are receiving a subsidy now. The Camry needs to be ~20 lakh mark, but it is overpriced by at least 10 lakh.
Toyota is getting way too complacent with its pricing strategy, and like most updates this one too manages to ruin the design of the original vehicle.
The only good point is that the safety equipment is decent now.
prakhar1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 18:49   #23
BHPian

While the pre-facelift Camry was quite a handsome looking car, the facelifted Camry does look good too, except that extra piece of chrome on the hood. Definitely a good time for a facelift, so good move Toyota!

But wait, what's up with the price revision, they seem to have done exactly what they did with most of their products, absurd pricing.
I agree Toyota manages to sell a 1000 Fortuners every month, even at that price, but I really doubt they'll be a able to do the same with this one.
599gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 18:57   #24
BHPian

Well Toyota does seem to have raised prices but luckily they have added quite a bit of kit this time. Camry finally gets the safety features it should have come with since the beginning. 7 airbags and ABS now. The changes to the interiors also sound good. I expect its sales to pick up now.
amansanc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 19:37   #25
MHG
BHPian

The 7 airbags are most welcome as this now makes the Camry at par (and in several other areas ahead) of its competition and the Camry Hybrid is a very compelling buy today.

However, the American version gets 10. Take a look here for the equipment it receives: http://www.toyota.com/camry/features.html#!/safety/2559

I am not nitpicking, but as the first world countries get better and better equipment, we are lagging way behind.

As for the price, why didn't it decrease due to benefits under FAME ?
MHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 19:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
As for the price, why didn't it decrease due to benefits under FAME ?
Sure did. By a HUGE 70k rupees rebate.

The price raise was not expected unlike the Innova and Fortuner cause the Camry was already priced at the limit.
Anyway, the 7 airbags is more than welcome, and also Toyota should consider increasing the count of airbags in the Corolla too.

But am the most happiest for the steering wheel. no sporty pretentious Etios like 3 spoke wheel. A propah fat 4 spoke for a semi luxury car
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 20:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
What is wrong with Toyota!?
The car looks horrendous with those updates. The prices have gone up despite the fact that Hybrid vehicles are receiving a subsidy now. The Camry needs to be ~20 lakh mark, but it is overpriced by at least 10 lakh.
Aren't all their vehicles over-priced for what they offer, for that matter? I concede to 'bullet-proof reliability' / 'will outlast it's owners' and all that jazz, but I think Toyota is really pushing things a bit too much. They possibly want to see how high they can price vehicles and get away with it. They'll get away with it with the Innova and the Fortuner for sure, but in a dying market like that of the Camry, I'm not entirely sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
I am not nitpicking, but as the first world countries get better and better equipment, we are lagging way behind.

Let's just be happy that it atleast has 7 now. I'd actually appreciate the fact that the safety is upped on this particular vehicle and they're equipping the Liva and the Etios with ABS and Airbags as standard. And, we are lagging way behind in a lot of things, not just cars. Sadly, the only thing we can do, is wait. For both the cars and the infra to be on par with the first world countries.

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 20:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman

Aren't all their vehicles over-priced for what they offer, for that matter? I concede to 'bullet-proof reliability' / 'will outlast it's owners' and all that jazz, but I think Toyota is really pushing things a bit too much. They possibly want to see how high they can price vehicles and get away with it.
I agree with the high cost of Toyota cars. Liva diesel G version costs a whopping 7.8 lakhs on-road price. While the Liva may run forever, they can do with a 1 lakh lower on-road cost to get their numbers.
narenteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 21:09   #29
BHPian

Toyota, I think you trying to hard to give your plainjane car a sporty makeover but get this its still a Camry.
The face lift prior to this looked very nice and stately but this is a mash up.
Also the price rise is substantial. They better stack it to the gills to move these from the show room floor.
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 21:23   #30
Team-BHP Support

Ok, just saw the specs. The non hybrid is now really loaded so the pricing now being closer to Hybrid makes sense. But this really kills the petrol one now. 3 lakhs more gets you the hybrid. At this price point 3L for a buyer is immaterial and he will just stretch and get the Hybrid.

What's good to see from Toyota is finally they realised safety features are important in this segment. 7 airbags, VSA is a good to see.

Features wise now nobody can complain that the Camry is under specced. It's now really loaded. Electric reclining rear seats, ventilated front seats, 3 zone climate, rear electric curtains and side manual curtains really stand out as USP in this segment.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote