Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2015, 18:12   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,113
Thanked: 582 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

My dealer has given me these details...

For my 2013 Figo Diesel, I have taken the 3rd year extended warranty so I asked for details on the 4th and 5th year extension. I was told that I could take 4th year at Rs.12,560/- but no 5th year option was available for me. It has to be taken within 6 months of purchase (considering it has just been launched, it's applicable only for new cars then). He also mentioned there was a 3rd + 4th + 5th year extension pack for Rs.30,000/- that could be bought if I hadn't already taken a 3rd year extension !! weird !

I think Rs. 12,560 is too much for 1 year of warranty extension. What do you'll think ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 16th April 2015 at 18:14.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 20:51   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,271
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My dealer has given me these details...

For my 2013 Figo Diesel, I have taken the 3rd year extended warranty so I asked for details on the 4th and 5th year extension. I was told that I could take 4th year at Rs.12,560/- but no 5th year option was available for me. It has to be taken within 6 months of purchase (considering it has just been launched, it's applicable only for new cars then). He also mentioned there was a 3rd + 4th + 5th year extension pack for Rs.30,000/- that could be bought if I hadn't already taken a 3rd year extension !! weird !

I think Rs. 12,560 is too much for 1 year of warranty extension. What do you'll think ?
I fully agree with you that 12.5 K for 4th year warranty is too much. And their weird logic of extension available only to some buyers does not go well with us.

It looks more like a marketing gimmick, if you ask me.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 21:02   #18
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,186 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Based on the info in this thread i contacted the ford dealer and at first they had no clue of the 4th year extended warranty being offered on the new fiesta. They said they will get back to me and did so in an hour.

However, their response is that :

"you should have bought the 4th year warranty along with 3rd year warranty" and ONLY 4th year warranty is not available

=============
Now will write an email to Ford India customer service and ask them what the deal is here.

Not sure if the dealer incompetent here or is Ford India taking customers for a ride.
UPDATE: wrote to Ford India and the dealer staff called up again and this time told that 4th year EW for fiesta is available only for diesel model. When I pointed out that website doesn't say that she said she will get back back to me. Hasn't done as yet.

Meanwhile, Ford customer care calls and says that they have written to their business dev teams and are waiting for an update. He was confused & didn't know if offer was available for Fiesta or only all new fiesta.

He's said that he will call again after he has some info. Let's see what they have to say now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
============He also mentioned there was a 3rd + 4th + 5th year extension pack for Rs.30,000/- that could be bought if I hadn't already taken a 3rd year extension !! weird !
Yeah, looks like they have some wierd logic for this. Saying that you could have have bought extra EW only if you hadn't bought the ONLY available EW at the time you bought EW

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
=======
their weird logic of extension available only to some buyers does not go well with us.

It looks more like a marketing gimmick, if you ask me.
Looks like this only. Seems like a marketing gimmick only. It's really messed up big time.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 22:52   #19
BHPian
 
pamiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 259
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Need help out here BHPians. We recently booked a Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium and will take delivery by the end of this month.

Now, this is going to be our first car. Naturally, we are not at all experienced about 'buying' cars.

As a first car, the Classic is quite a budget extender for us. So, should we take the EW package? Also, any inputs on the scheduled service plan?

Other than this, I am following the Team-BHP guidelines to the T and will do a thorough PDI when time comes.

Mods, please move my thread to the appropriate one if required. I posted in this thread because it will deal only with Ford cars.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, getting the extended warranty would be a good idea while buying the car. Try to negotiate that as a package deal to your car and get the longest warranty possible. It's worth the hassle. It usually doesn't work out well when you want to add warranty after a few years of using the car. In addition you would not feel like spending money on a relatively new car which doesn't have any problems.
pamiboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 08:52   #20
BHPian
 
techiecal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 105
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

You can even take the service holiday package wherein you will get free service. I noticed this offer recently and approached Ford but they say since 7 months is over they will not sell me this package. It is available only within 6 months.
techiecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 18:12   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: EU - Nordic
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 953 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

Does anyone have any experiences with claiming extended warranty on your Ecosport/Figo? Just to know if it works as advertised or is there some fine print when it comes to actually claiming warranty.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 14:31   #22
BHPian
 
revvenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 55
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

I am planning to go for the extended warranty (5 years/100,000 Kms) New Ford Figo (Nov 2015 build).

Here is the quote I got from the dealer :

Time Period With RSA Without RSA

1. 3rd Year/36Months 10,004/- 8900/-

2. 4th Year/48 Months 19,889/- 17,900/-

3. 5th Year/60 Months 35,835/- 33,800/-
*RSA-> Road Side Assistance.
Does this look reasonable? This is from Mody Ford, Hyderabad. Has anyone had any experience of claiming any warranty in the extended period with Mody Ford in particular, or Ford in general? Is it the same as Factory warranty or are there any significant differences?
revvenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 16:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default

There is some confusion still regarding the extended warranty provided by Ford. I recently booked the Ecosport and they offered me free 3rd year warranty as part of the deal. Now when I asked them about the extended warranty for 4 and 5 year, the guy said that I can't buy it right now since I am getting the 3rd year warranty free. According to them I would be eligible to buy the additional 4th and 5th year warranties only in the 3rd year of my ownership and they cited some weird Ford rule about the same. With all the confusion that's going on in this thread, I should better get it in writing from them.

Second the price of extended warranty varies hugely. In the post above itself the extended warranty for figo is being quoted at 36k for 5 years. My dealer quoted me 24k for all 5 years. How is that possible. Warranty price should be more for ecopsort compared to figo. I mailed Ford about this but they just told me to contact the dealer.

Lastly the dealer never told me about these service plans. Don't they make money through service? A person paying upfront for 5 year service plan should be music to a dealer's ears but surprisingly I only got to know about it from this thread. God knows what they are Upto.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 17:08   #24
BHPian
 
revvenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 55
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

drmohitg, I am quite sure that any plan you select for extended warranty must be within the Ford Factory warranty period 2 years or 100000 kms. I am afraid the dealer is telling you a load of crap.
revvenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 19:06   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
There is some confusion still regarding the extended warranty provided by Ford. I recently booked the Ecosport and they offered me free 3rd year warranty as part of the deal. Now when I asked them about the extended warranty for 4 and 5 year, the guy said that I can't buy it right now since I am getting the 3rd year warranty free. According to them I would be eligible to buy the additional 4th and 5th year warranties only in the 3rd year of my ownership and they cited some weird Ford rule about the same. With all the confusion that's going on in this thread, I should better get it in writing from them.

Second the price of extended warranty varies hugely. In the post above itself the extended warranty for figo is being quoted at 36k for 5 years. My dealer quoted me 24k for all 5 years. How is that possible. Warranty price should be more for ecopsort compared to figo. I mailed Ford about this but they just told me to contact the dealer.
This is exactly what I was told last week, when i bought an Ecosport AT for my wife. The dealer was keen on selling 3rd year warranty at the time of delivery but the Ford call center told me if you do that you can only buy an additional fourth year. If you don't do that you can buy up to 3 years additional (i.e. 5 in total) for a cost of 20k within a few months (I think) and 24k within 2 years.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 09:29   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
This is exactly what I was told last week, when i bought an Ecosport AT for my wife. The dealer was keen on selling 3rd year warranty at the time of delivery but the Ford call center told me if you do that you can only buy an additional fourth year. If you don't do that you can buy up to 3 years additional (i.e. 5 in total) for a cost of 20k within a few months (I think) and 24k within 2 years.
Yup. Hence I made the dealer ( who reluctantly told me later that I was right about the extended warranty) give me an equivalent cash discount and paid upfront for the 3, 4 and 5th year warranty. It costed me around 23k in total for 3 years.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 10:28   #27
BHPian
 
sharninder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Goon-Gaon
Posts: 359
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yup. Hence I made the dealer ( who reluctantly told me later that I was right about the extended warranty) give me an equivalent cash discount and paid upfront for the 3, 4 and 5th year warranty. It costed me around 23k in total for 3 years.
This is a little confusing. I have 4 year extended warranty which will expire sometime later this year. Can I get the 5th year warranty even now?
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 22:56   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
This is a little confusing. I have 4 year extended warranty which will expire sometime later this year. Can I get the 5th year warranty even now?
Best is to call Ford directly and ask them.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 09:57   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yup. Hence I made the dealer ( who reluctantly told me later that I was right about the extended warranty) give me an equivalent cash discount and paid upfront for the 3, 4 and 5th year warranty. It costed me around 23k in total for 3 years.
Confirmed a few things with Ford. If you buy the extended warranty within a month of purchase of the car, it costs you 20k (for 2+3); if you buy after a month but before a year of purchase, it costs about 24k and if you buy after a year but before 2 years, it costs about 26k.

The 23k you paid must be including various taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
This is a little confusing. I have 4 year extended warranty which will expire sometime later this year. Can I get the 5th year warranty even now?
I have been told you can't extend. 5 is only an option on first warranty purchase within 2 years from date of buying.

Last edited by StarScream : 27th April 2017 at 09:58.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda India: Extended Warranties available up to 7 years / 100,000 kms! vvrchandra The Indian Car Scene 19 22nd October 2017 19:32
Tata Safari 2.2L at 1.5 lakh kms. Reclaiming continues without extended warranty UPDATE: Now Sold ! jkdas Long-Term Ownership Reviews 724 9th October 2017 12:58
Skoda offers 4 years / 100,000 KM warranty. Called "Skoda Shield" anandpadhye The Indian Car Scene 105 29th July 2015 21:36
My Black Panther Ford Figo: 2 years & 40,000 kms! StepUP! Long-Term Ownership Reviews 11 16th March 2015 18:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks