Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th April 2015, 17:26   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Renault India will open first-of-a-kind digital showrooms!

Jokes apart, there is a crying need to make the online experience better for potential car buyers. The world is going digital but I wonder why no carmaker offers a good online experience centre for desktop surfing or a mobile app that creates some excitement around the new launch. Rather than launch such half-assed concepts (that thela in Prabhadevi made me sad!) this would be something that would genuinely create excitement. Add the ability to book a test drive into the app and you're gravy!
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 17:35   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai already has a service app, so does Maruti I believe. That concept can easily be extended to deliver multimedia content on the move straight to users' handheld devices. That would grab them more eyeballs than this lame attempt at 'virtual experience'.
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 08:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A car showroom without cars! Which dimwit came up with this idea.
I'll bet he's from IIN.

On another note : why can't the manufacturers do away with the dealerships completely? The customer can get the same "digital feel" in his laptop as well. They can instead provide more test drive vehicles which can be booked online, arrange road shows/demo vehicles at shopping malls etc. The cost thus saved can be passed on as benifit to the customer.
Apart from bargaining for doormats and mudflaps, do the dealers offer any extra value to us, the customers? We get the tech details here on team-bhp and elsewhere as well. We don't need an SA for that.
rav11stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 09:25   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Hyundai already has a service app, so does Maruti I believe. That concept can easily be extended to deliver multimedia content on the move straight to users' handheld devices. That would grab them more eyeballs than this lame attempt at 'virtual experience'.
VW has one as well. It's lame

For example- you can't even schedule a service appointment on that thing. What's the point?

On a related note, VW had a nice online car configurator around the time Vento was launched. It wasn't perfect but it was fun and rather sticky. God alone knows why they dumped that.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 22:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

The reason I'm bumping this thread up is to find out whether any BHPian has actually visited their virtual showroom.
It would be great if someone could share their experience here.

I'm sorry if I've missed it but I haven't been following the Kwid Official Review thread.

I know a number of people actually made a mockery of the concept but I actually liked it. If implemented correctly, it has the potential to eliminate the 'place barrier' between the buyer and seller. I think a virtual showroom combined with a test vehicle shared between towns in a 150 km radius (specific days allocated for each town), can be a success. What do you'll think?
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote