Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 13:12   #1
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,306
Thanked: 23,875 Times
Default Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Tata Motors has announced the launch of an exclusive campaign for all existing Nano owners. Dubbed Power of 1+1 programme, it will give Nano customers the opportunity to exchange their old Nanos for the upcoming GenX Nano with Easy Shift (Automated Manual Transmission).

Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners-power-11-logo.jpg

Under this scheme the company will buy old Nanos from their owners and give them a bonus of Rs. 20,000 in addition to the price of the old car. Additionally, Nano customers can also enroll for a referral programme that could help them win a cash prize of Rs. 5,000 for every referral. Tata Motors has also tied-up with preferred financial partners for car loans.

The GenX Nano gets a Magneti Marelli-sourced F-Tronic automated manual transmission, which is expected to make driving the car stress-free as it does not need a clutch to be operated.

To avail the Power of 1+1 offer, Nano owners can call on 1800-209-7979 or SMS GENXNANO to 5616161.

On purchase of every GenX Nano under this programme, Tata Motors will donate to Child Rights and You (CRY) on behalf of the customer and contribute towards the retention of girl children in school for a year. In appreciation of the contribution, CRY will send a certificate to Nano customers.
Aditya is online now   (43) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 13:46   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,084 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Though it is a good move, i do not really see it as a successful campaign.
This is mainly because of the herd mentality syndrome.

A person with a Nano and having driven it for X years would never settle for another Nano(even an AMT) and would look at an upgrade.
So, I really dont see how Tata may actually gain from this campaign!!
arnabchak is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 13:52   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 34
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

I beg to differ. I am positively thrilled at this offer. I have a Nano Twist which is completing 1 year. I would not have sold it, save for this offer. I am going to be first in line to avail this offer when its launched.
rsquared is offline   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 14:07   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 4,967 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Keeping all the other aspects apart, I just hope they wont give nonsense valuation for the incoming Nanos. At least Tata themselves should offer decent buyback prices if they want customers to exchange their old cars. Last time when the Nano Twist was launched, my uncle went in for exchanging his 18 month old 4k km run Nano for exchange. He was given a value of 55k. Come on, I haven't heard of a better joke than that. That is how they axe their own foot.
audioholic is online now   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 14:28   #5
BHPian
 
kutoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 145
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
I have a Nano Twist which is completing 1 year. I would not have sold it, save for this offer. I am going to be first in line to avail this offer when its launched.
@rsquared, I'm in the same boat as yourself. My Nano twist will complete 1 year in June, so cant wait for the offer.

However, I called up the number and the executive on teh other side of the line, put me up for booking a new Nano. I guess the promotional details are not yet updated.

I got a second call from the call centre asking me if i was interested in the booking a Nano twist. I asked them about the automatic (GENX) and again, they were clueless. Hoping to see what May Brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Keeping all the other aspects apart, I just hope they wont give nonsense valuation for the incoming Nanos.
@audioholic, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 14:30   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Leicester/Mumbai
Posts: 2,306
Thanked: 2,188 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

This will be priced closed to the Alto 800 and with an ARAI mileage of 21.9, I don't see any reason to pick this up over the Alto 800, of course the 800 Alto does not have the AMT box, but it's a more acceptable conventional car according to how things roll in India as compared to the Nano.
humyum is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 14:48   #7
BHPian
 
sun_king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA05
Posts: 183
Thanked: 203 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
I beg to differ. I am positively thrilled at this offer. I have a Nano Twist which is completing 1 year. I would not have sold it, save for this offer. I am going to be first in line to avail this offer when its launched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
@rsquared, I'm in the same boat as yourself. My Nano twist will complete 1 year in June, so cant wait for the offer.
How much are you expecting for your vehicles? (Rough figures would suffice) I'd promised wifey that I will get her the AMT once it is available, I have a 2014 December Twist that just crossed 1000 km, so just being curious.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2015 at 16:38. Reason: Typo
sun_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:05   #8
BHPian
 
kutoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 145
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
How much are you expecting for your vehicles? (Rough figures would suffice) I'd promised wifey that I will get her the AMT once it is available, I have a 2014 December Twist that just crossed 1000 km, so just being curious.
@sun_king

Any where in the range of 2.1 - 2.2 lakhs. Moreover, the exchange will depend on

1. The price for the GENX
2. Review on tBHP to see if the new GENX offers more value adds

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2015 at 16:38. Reason: Quoted post edited
kutoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:09   #9
BHPian
 
Viju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Narita
Posts: 866
Thanked: 1,631 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
A person with a Nano and having driven it for X years would never settle for another Nano(even an AMT) and would look at an upgrade.
And why is that? Have you ever owned a Nano yourself to be so sure of Nano Owners' sentiments?

We had a Nano 2012 LX for 2 years and gave it away only because we were leaving the country. If I was in India right now, I would have definitely exchanged it for a new AMT. There is no need to 'upgrade' to an Alto800 or whatever other small car. As of now, there is no replacement for a Nano as a second car / city runabout. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I don't see any reason to pick this up over the Alto 800, of course the 800 Alto does not have the AMT box, but it's a more acceptable conventional car according to how things roll in India as compared to the Nano.
Right. And 'a more acceptable conventional car according to how things roll in India as compared to the Nano' should be on my priority list to decide on my purchase because?

Amazing to see perceptions people have about a car without having ever owned one.

Last edited by Viju : 21st April 2015 at 15:15.
Viju is online now   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:15   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,084 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
And why is that? Have you ever owned a Nano yourself to be so sure of Nano Owners' sentiments?

We had a Nano 2012 LX for 2 years and gave it away only because we were leaving the country. If I was in India right now, I would have definitely exchanged it for a new AMT. There is no need to 'upgrade' to an Alto800 or whatever other small car. As of now, there is no replacement for a Nano as a second car / city runabout. Period.
Dear Viju
My Sister owns a Yellow Nano and the statement is not to hurt any one's sentiments and is my view.

What I mean to state here is why would some one drive the same car even after a change.
Is it not human nature to look for the next model and next level of comfort.

Considering that and the general Indian psychology, I believe that this offer may not cut too much across Nano owners.
arnabchak is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:20   #11
BHPian
 
Viju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Narita
Posts: 866
Thanked: 1,631 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Viju
My Sister owns a Yellow Nano and the statement is not to hurt any one's sentiments and is my view. What I mean to state here is why would some one drive the same car even after a change. Is it not human nature to look for the next model and next level of comfort.
I accept your point assuming that the Nano is your sister's ONLY car. For many of us, that is not the case. We have a 'regular' / 'conventional' car for inter-city usage / airport runs.

Nano is for dropping the kids to school, commute to office in heavy city traffic (for fear of being killed if otherwise on a two wheeler), buying groceries and all such errands. At least for such owners who have Nanos as their second or third cars, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't want to upgrade to a much more usable Nano with power steering, automatic tranny and an operational boot lid. For me, these changes add everything I used to miss in my 2012 Nano LX. Simple.
Viju is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:40   #12
BHPian
 
sun_king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA05
Posts: 183
Thanked: 203 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
A person with a Nano and having driven it for X years would never settle for another Nano(even an AMT) and would look at an upgrade.
Three TBHP members, including myself, are ready to "settle" for another Nano.

This is the next level of comfort for the world it was bought for, a small car in a city with parking woes, an automatic in crawling traffic and something that is cheaper to run than an autorickshaw.

Despite all its limitations, I love the cute little car. No sentiments hurt, just pointing out the flaws in your assumption that an existing owner will not upgrade to a more practical Nano.

PS: Visit http://www.tatanano.com/index.php, they have not officially acknowledged its existence, but for first time visitors to the page it does give some clues.

Last edited by sun_king : 21st April 2015 at 15:43. Reason: Added a link to the Nano home page that hints on the GenX
sun_king is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:45   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Where has Tata mentioned that the offer is for the AMT and not just for manual cars?? I'm getting really confused here, with the general public confidently announcing the launch of the AMT, while inside sources in the company are declaring that only manual will be launched now.

Couldn't this offer be for the new nano with openable boot lid, facelift etc?

While I'm very very excited about the amt nano, I just don't see enough evidence to be,I've that this offer is for the AMT
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:51   #14
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,189
Thanked: 4,218 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post

This is the next level of comfort for the world it was bought for, a small car in a city with parking woes, an automatic in crawling traffic and something that is cheaper to run than an autorickshaw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Nano is for dropping the kids to school, commute to office in heavy city traffic (for fear of being killed if otherwise on a two wheeler), buying groceries and all such errands. At least for such owners who have Nanos as their second or third cars, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't want to upgrade to a much more usable Nano with power steering, automatic tranny and an operational boot lid. For me, these changes add everything I used to miss in my 2012 Nano LX. Simple.
Dear Viju & Sunking,

Since you have been using Nano for convenience, I have a genuine question. Why can't hatchbacks like Alto/ M800 etc. compete with the Nano, in your opinion for the errands you have been using the Nano for? Your insight as an owner would be valuable.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 21st April 2015 at 15:53.
saket77 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 16:04   #15
BHPian
 
jeepster_chd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater Mohali
Posts: 81
Thanked: 173 Times
Default Re: Power of 1+1: Tata GenX Nano pre-launch exchange programme for existing Nano owners

Automatic is going to be a promising product. However, I believe TATA should not have only been offering discount/freebies only to existing owners instead they should come up with something for first time buyers like me. I need some encouragement to buy a NANO
jeepster_chd is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audi Approved Plus: Pre-owned car programme Aditya The Indian Car Scene 10 25th March 2017 03:31
Exchange offer on Linea for Palio owners gou The Indian Car Scene 18 22nd July 2010 18:44
Mahindra FirstChoice Wheels with MyTVS launch 24x7 Roadside Assistance Programme Dippy The Indian Car Scene 3 10th June 2010 21:32
GM offers Opel car owners Rs. 1,25,000-1,65,000 buy back price in exchange for optra sidindica The Indian Car Scene 26 26th July 2009 21:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:51.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks