| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|22nd April 2015, 11:19||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanked: 9,280 Times
Google's Report : Used Car Search Trends in India
Here is a link to Rehaan's excellent 2012 report (Google's Report on the Auto Industry : Search Trends & Buyer Behaviour (2012))
Google India has analysed the search trends of used car queries and actual market behavior, to understand the used car market in India. It has released a report in association with Mahindra First Choice.
Some interesting facts from this report are as below:
• The most searched for used car type on Google in India are Utility vehicles. They comprise of 47% of all used car queries followed by hatchbacks at 20% and the remaining divided among sedans and luxury vehicles.
• This rise in online queries matches the offline sales of SUVs at Mahindra First Choice which has witness an SUV sales growth from 6% to 10% over the past 3 years.
• Used car queries on Google Search has grown 20 times in 6 years, at 30% YoY rise in 2014.
• As many as 8 out of 10 potential used car buyers start their search from Google search are undecided about which car to purchase. 84% queries in Google search are generic and only 16% are for a specific brand. The most common searched queries involve questions relating to budget, brands, fuel type and ownership.
• Still the used car buyers in India are less curious about 'certification' and 'warranty' on used cars in comparison to developed markets like the US.
• Even though the first time buyers still remain the largest category for a used car market, the proportion of first time buyers has declined while an increase has been registered in the "multiple car in the family segment". A used car as the second vehicle in the household instead of a two wheeler is the newer trend.
• The used car market is growing at a faster rate than the new car market and is also rapidly getting more organised. The organised used car market is likely to grow by 15-20% in the next 4-5 years.
• Search queries see a favorable spike towards diesel cars. While in 2011 and 2012 the ratio of petrol:diesel car queries was 80:20, it became 66:34 in 2014.
• Most number of searches come from Maharashtra followed by South India, West Bengal, NCR, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
• Honda is the most searched used car brand on Google and the City is the most searched used car.
Last edited by S2!!! : 22nd April 2015 at 11:22.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Google's Report on the Auto Industry : Search Trends & Buyer Behaviour (2012)||Rehaan||The Indian Car Scene||33||12th April 2018 15:34|
|Car Sales & Trends - India vs Europe||vishnugs||The International Automotive Scene||20||2nd May 2017 10:08|
|Google India's Auto Industry Report : Based on search trends||GTO||The Indian Car Scene||40||22nd December 2011 23:01|
|Long Term Trends in India's four wheeler Production, Sales, Exports||vasudeva||The Indian Car Scene||3||21st April 2008 16:37|
|Car buying trends acrosss India||Mpower||The Indian Car Scene||31||13th February 2007 16:52|