Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th April 2015, 14:23   #1
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Maruti silently recalling Celerio, Dzire & Ciaz (all petrol) - Issue with filter

Maruti-Suzuki India Limited, the country's largest car seller, has been silently contacting customers of it's 3 bestselling petrol cars for inspection (and possible replacement) of a defective oil filter. The part under the scanner is the OEM oil filter on these Maruti-Suzuki petrol cars - Celerio, DZire and the Ciaz. Even the Ertiga is suspected to face this issue, but the 3 cars listed above are a definite.

The OEM oil filter is provided by Purolator.

Industry insiders have just revealed to DriveSpark exclusively that the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Celerio and the Ciaz are in recent news following an issue with the oil filter. The models that need inspection are petrol models only.

Maruti Suzuki has not made any official announcement, but is getting in touch with customers over the phone regarding the issue.

Maruti is even sending over authorised personnel to customers' addresses to get the issue checked. If a potential problem is detected, Maruti Suzuki will rectify the mistake and replace the oil filter free of cost and if there is no problem, it's nothing to worry about.
SOURCE - DriveSpark

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th April 2015 at 14:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 16:21   #2
Default re: Maruti silently recalling Celerio, Dzire & Ciaz (all petrol) - Issue with filter

Yes, I know it. I have just bought a Celerio VXI AMT in Delhi. It took me three days to actually get the car as the fuel filter was to be checked at the dealer, PDI report sent to Maruti factory and a technical person from Maruti confirmed all OK. Only then the "HOLD" status was removed and invocing done. And surely, it is not a rumour. So, when buying these cars do make an enquiry about this from the dealer.
gunvinder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote