Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th May 2015, 01:41   #31
Default Re: General Motors set to storm India as Korean costs climb

Best joke of the year. A company after being in India for so long, trying to target 5%.

I also believe competition is good for market, but market player not interested in playing is dangerous. GM is definitely not interested.
CarJunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 13:52   #32
Default Re: General Motors set to storm India as Korean costs climb

I fail to understand GM's lethargy here. They just needed to look at their competitor from Korea to
1. Utilize their excess capacity in their current plant in Halol and build cars for exports
2. in the process improve the product line for which some products for exports can also be sold in India (ala i20).

If they had done the above their market share would definately not be where it right now and the company would have also been healthier internationally. Did it take them 15 years (since taking over Daewoo) to realise Korea is costlier than India?
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote