Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th January 2017, 15:18   #901
BHPian

Default Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

From the pics above, I am shocked to realise that the speedo console is very similar(boring) to lesser Marutis(Celerio) except for that digital door ajar warning display, and the AC knobs look downright cheap and ugly. Definitely does not belong in a car that costs 9.6 lakhs OTR (Alpha diesel).
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 16:18   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
From the pics .......................................... and the AC knobs look downright cheap and ugly. Definitely does not belong in a car that costs 9.6 lakhs OTR (Alpha diesel).
Those cheap and ugly AC knobs stop at Delta and thankfully are not part of Alpha.

Having said that, they do not go well even with Zeta that I saw this afternoon. Hope soon to see a change here.

The Alpha was not on display but IMHO, the protruding HU with conventional controls in lower variants too is sort of eyesore. What was the need to fake a tab.

To give credit where it is due, the interiors otherwise seem well put together and comparable to Baleno.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 16:52   #903
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2017 at 22:56.
west is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2017, 17:10   #904
Senior - BHPian

No offence meant to prospective owners.

IMHO, this is one of the most ugliest looking car in recent times. I don't know what happened to Maruti. Also it is really surprising that this car is being sold from Nexa, which is supposed to be premium. This car is least premium IMO.

ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 17:15   #905
BHPian

The tail lights seems to be something between a terrano and an scross

Name:  261380194034nissanterranotaillights.jpg
Views: 6228
Size:  88.3 KB

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignistaillightsattheautoexpo2016.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiscrosstaillamp.jpg

The "TAB" is a deal breaker. Couldnt they have used all of that space? Even the AC knobs are just horrible. I feel maruti could have done a way way better job with this and personally I find this to be the ugliest car they have come up with so far (excluding the yet to be launched scross facelift). Dont intend to offend anyone, but as a personal opinion it looks hideous to a certain extent. Anyway, being a Maruti this too will sell well.
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 17:24   #906
BHPian

IMHO, Ignis at times seems like maruti tried to pull off a Brio with increased ground clearance (albeit cheaper automatic transmission), catered to a similar demographic.

Notice how the Ignis follows a similar quirky design language, especially the polarizing rear and layout design of AC knobs and ICE.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-interiors.jpg  

Last edited by ashwin489 : 16th January 2017 at 17:28.
ashwin489 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 17:31   #907
BHPian

Looking at it in flesh, my opinion has changed upside down. It is still ugly, but now the exterior seems much better than the interiors! Much like drawing a bigger line next to a line to make it look smaller.

Exterior design flaw I can live with, for most part I would be inside the car, driving. Downright ugly interiors (zeta), with white dashboard parts (In India? really?).
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 18:13   #908
BHPian

Hello All,

I have visited the NEXA showroom at ORR, Mahadevapura at Bangalore on Sunday to have a look at IGNIS and it was jam packed. The showroom was offering juice and bottled water to the customers. This is my first visit to NEXA and boy it looked I was entering a corporate company. All the sales executive were well dressed and gracious.

PROS:
1) Front looks very promising and mini-SUV type
2) Side also looks fantastic
3) Interior quality is also good.

CONS:
1) Diesel variant is expensive
2) Rear looks little weird and it might grow like RITZ

I have made a short video of my visit. Please excuse me for the amateur video shoot as I am still in learning stage.

engine_charan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 21:15   #909
BHPian

In my opinion, it looks very Fiat Panda'ish. Probably they started off copying the Panda, but ended up looking at Discovery Channel for some inspiration for the rear so that they can stand out from the crowd. Of course, these were the guys that gave us that insect-like A-star. When the A-star can do reasonable numbers, Ignis will be a volume blockbuster for sure. When Ritz was launched, I remember how me and my colleagues reacted looking at the rear (that, "oh, how ugly" feeling) - that's a blockbuster as well.

Well, who am I to comment on its looks. Maruti knows their buyers really really well.
gigatech2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 21:46   #910
BHPian

I can see diesel is much overpriced and car does not feel premium for the money its asking ,but boy its Maruti so there will be still many takers for this , otherwise i20 is better option considering its beautiful engine .
Old 16th January 2017, 21:58   #911
BHPian

Dont understand why aren't we getting any first drive report from anywhere? Has the media drive event not happened? Looks like no one has got the chance to drive it yet.
Old 16th January 2017, 22:26   #912
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Dont understand why aren't we getting any first drive report from anywhere? Has the media drive event not happened? Looks like no one has got the chance to drive it yet.
Media drives are from tomorrow onwards in Chennai!
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 00:37   #913

For those of you who are wondering how the base Sigma interiors will look like, here is a screenshot from the official site. Seems like you can't get rid of that floating tablet design after all.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-sigma_ignis_interior.jpg
targaryen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 04:58   #914
Senior - BHPian

The car has scored a pretty average 3 stars in Euro NCAP even with all the safety features built in such as low speed collision avoidance camera. For a brand new car which has gone on sale just now, to me this is downright embarassing and concering. Somehow I will not be comfortable putting my family in this car given the past record of Maruti when it comes to safety. Here is the video from Youtube

extreme_torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 06:31   #915
BHPian

I have a feeling that the reason TD are not being reported anywhere in India for this car is probably that Looking at the low response (which MSIL must've anticipated) they planned to offer TD only after media TD is conducted.
Probably after media reviews the opinion of buyers will change.

Just my thought otherwise makes no sense to not offer TD
Closed Thread