Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st May 2015, 12:27   #16
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Audi A3 and A4 could get manual transmissions

Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Problem is when the companies detune the manual variants. The manual seekers feel cheated somehow. I am sure Audi will not provide the A4 with 177hp.
I don't think that'll be the case with the A4 manual. The average horsepower in this segment has gone up now (using the same engines though, just a different tune). Lesser horsepower than competition = poorer image. Even Jettas & Octavias offer 140 horses now.

Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Honestly, if you're driver can't drive stick he doesn't deserve to be in your employ
I'd prefer it if my drivers use an automatic:

1. It results in a smoother, jerk-free ride for passengers.

2. I don't cringe when he's slipping the clutch, driving in too high a gear at too low a speed (or vice versa), or crunching the gearbox from a mis-shift.

3. In terms of economy too, I'd let an expert ECU make the choice of gear than a chauffeur.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 14:33   #17
Default Re: Audi A3 and A4 could get manual transmissions

Likewise. The ride quality in a car with auto tranny with a driver, is far better, than a manual geared car, driven by a driver ( front seating/back seating)
The innova is the last manual in my stable. Looking for its Automatic replacement.
riteshritesh is offline   Reply With Quote